Twilight new book

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Twilight new book

Post by Hecouldshine »

Anyone else counting down the hours until you can read the "novella" The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner ?

It will be available to read FREE online here http://www.breetanner.com/ from 7th June (midday USA time I think) until 5th July :D :D :D
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Twilight new book

Post by Hecouldshine »

Just to report that I bought this yesterday as it is half price in waterstones, read it in a few hours, and was disappointed :(

I suggest you do read it online and save your money.....

xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

Thats a shame hecouldshine :(
I didn't really think much of the idea of it, so i was just going to read it online anyway, but what was wrong with it?
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

You've made me think a bit harder about the "book" now ebonykisses :lol:

I think it was too short to be more than a few "unused chapters" for Eclipse. The characters were a bit uninteresting as most were given similar "newborn" characteristics. Only one, Fred, had an interesting skill. The blurb about the book says it has some romance, but there is none of the "tingling" you get in the Twilight books, and even The Host, with the relationships Stephenie Meyer portrays here. But I would be interested to see what you think......Wonder if the BreeTanner site will crash today :lol: :lol: :lol:

doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

Waiting for our copy to arrive from Amazon - won't be allowed to read it until dd has got her hands on it!

TBH I am more interested in the build up to Eclipse :oops: typical me :lol: .
Am keen to hear the score - I loved the Howard Shore music from LOTR and I have read that his work for Eclipse is amazing.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Oh just go ahead and read it online doris {evil} she needn't know ...or...... I have been known to read my children's books before them when they've arrived from amazon, it's amazing how untouched a book cover can look when I've been at the book :lol: :lol:

doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

:lol: :lol: HCS, you're right, it's not like I haven't done it before! It's just me trying vainly to kid myself that she is more interested in Twilight than I am, when it is patently obvious that it's me :oops: :oops: :lol:
BowmanElma
Nominee

Post by BowmanElma »

I enjoyed it just as much as other books of the Twilight series, maybe it's just me, but I will never be tired of reading them, even though I don't refer to their main target audience - teenagers and am in fact already 28.