Stagecoach??

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

It's Showtime
BRIT Award

Re: Stagecoach??

Post by It's Showtime »

...Just to add after reading GR great advice, is, certainly where we live, the franchise organisations seem to be the ones who get contacted when touring companies come to town that require children 'extras'. So that may be a thought when doing research?
Bad Hair Day Anyone?
**It's Showtime Folks!**
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

you are right showtime,maybe a wrong thing for the companies to do,but sometimes easier for them,shows touring needing kids do go th the local stagecoach etc often to select children,and in our local one tv crews as well.
linda griffiths
BRIT Award

Post by linda griffiths »

where are you based? in north wales the bitesize youth theatre supply kids for lots of the national tours and the fees are very different from stagecoach but the training is very good.
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

The South :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I'm saddened to hear that some people have had a bad experience with Stagecoach. My DD loves it and has gained great experience and confidence with them. She is only in the younger age group at the moment (one and a half hours a week) but will be moving to the older group (three hours a week) after Christmas and things may change. The director of our franchise runs several Stagecoach school throughout the county and so she has several teachers too. Recently they held auditions for the touring Chitty Chitty Bang Bang throughout her schools for which my daughter was allowed to take part. It was really for the older children so we were very pleased for the opportunity. There were parents from all over the region there from different schools and different classes, none had a bad word for our stagecoaches! Despite being a head shorter than anyone else there my DD managed to get a part. This opportunity would not have come has she not been in stagecoach. She is in the middle of a three week run at the moment and absolutely loving it. My DD is quite experiences in films but had little experience in professional theatre (undertaken a few rolls in fringe theatre) so this has given her an insite into that side of performing. She now wants to go for the part of Jamima! (probably have to wait a few years as she is only seven).
fabmum
BRIT Award

Post by fabmum »

I agree Francescasmum, it is sad that there seems to be such a wide difference in people's experiences with Stagecoach, but I guess that is due, at least in part,to the franchise arrangements. I am glad though that you (and the parents you met at the Chitty auditions) had such positive views. It sounds as if your dd is having a great time and congratulations to her on getting a part in Chitty. \:D/ =D>I shall keep an eye out for your post about her new role as Jemima! :)
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

in a few years I think, though this round of Jeremy and Jemima's seem small. Does anyone know what age they look for and when the next round of auditions is due. It would be a dream come true for her, she went for Gretl in SOM last year - her first ever audition, before all the restrictions took hold and they let Yorkshire lasses in to London, and she thoroughly enjoyed the experience (and got a call back). That seems a million years ago and she is so much more confident and experienced now - and sings much better!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Is your dd one of TH's students?