Paying these sites ? - Kids Casting Call Pro

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

NorthernLass
Nominee

Paying these sites ? - Kids Casting Call Pro

Post by NorthernLass »

I've had a bit look about, like the layout of starnow etc., but looked through Kids Casting Call Pro, and not sure if this is worth the £59 (I think approx that?) not quite sure if they get many jobs on there and also how much it is actually used? seems to be a bit like spotlight although havent joined that one either. Does have a nice "featured" bit at the right hand side but would that really get viewed?...your opinions / experience ? :?
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Re: Paying these sites ? - Kids Casting Call Pro

Post by Dawn »

Hi Northern Lass

My dd is a member of kids castingcall pro and tbh, we only joined up for it originally cos we did not have to pay for it as we joined the site when it was first set up, as a special offer to the first 5000 kids or something from memory and we now have free lifetime memory. I think you have to have professional credits to be a member and you can link your profile to your spotlight page etc.

I actually think the site is pretty good as we receive regular e-mails from them regarding parts my dd may be suitable for and we have also been approached a number of times for dd to do student films, although they are always quite short notice and we have as yet been unable to make any of them.

The site sends us regular stats about how has views dd's profile and there are a number of casting agents registered on the site too. I just did a quick search on there and there are 11other girls who are within a year in age of my dd and based in the greater London area so it does not seem too busy.

PM me if you want any more info.

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Hi
We are on their too, cos it was free for life (although I think life ends at 16 and we will soon get kicked off!). There haven't been many jobs for older kids, more for younger ones, and not very many of those.
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

It was free for me, and I only signed up last week! But I'm 17, and I had to have an agent, but perhaps it costs for adults?
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

Okay, so I've just been told that I need to pay to 'upgrade' which is the only way that i can see casting calls... so not really free at all. Hmm.
ziggy
BRIT Award

Post by ziggy »

aliceinwonderinc wrote:Okay, so I've just been told that I need to pay to 'upgrade' which is the only way that i can see casting calls... so not really free at all. Hmm.
I think the adult one is free and if your 17 just get that one instead.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

The adult version is not free unless you were one of the first few hundred to sign up as far as I know.

You can have a profile on there for no charge and you can apply for unpaid jobs without upgrading. If you want to apply for paid work you do have to pay to upgrade which is quite expensive (too expensive for the limited amount of paid work available in my opinion). In my experience they don't have very many properly paid jobs on the site (many of those marked as "paid" are well below industry rates). However, if you are looking for student films, fringe and profit share then it's a good site. Its resources are excellent and it's easy to navigate - if they could only attract more work paid at proper industry rates then I would say that it would be a very serious rival to Spotlight. However, despite the fact that they state that you have to have accredited training or industry experience to be accepted, there are many actors registered on CCP who have neither. This seriously weakens the site I think and makes it less likely that CDs will use it for paid acting work.

If you have an agent then he/she is likely to have access to many, many more paid work opportunities than you will find on CCP but one of the advantages of CCP is that you can see the jobs before you apply (though not normally the company details). You can then decide whether to upgrade to apply for a job for which you are suitable or, better still, check to see whether your agent has already seen the job and submitted you for it!