Performing Arts Workshop - Cardiff Summer - URDD

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

Calon-lan
BRIT Award

Performing Arts Workshop - Cardiff Summer - URDD

Post by Calon-lan »

Just found out the URDD (Welsh Youth Movement) will be running their summer Performing Arts Workshops - BANG - Summer Performance - again this year. There are two courses - one is through the medium of Welsh, the other will be in English. Both courses are residential in the URDD building in the Wales Millenium Centre - one of Cardiff's top theatre venues. Dates are back end of August I think.

I think your DD/DS will need to be a member of the URDD - but it is easy to join. Perfect for those living in Wales who are already URDD members or who think they would like to join. Both my children regularly compete in the URDD Eisteddfod which is Europe’s largest arts youth festival, and my DD has been on sports/outward bound residential courses in other parts of Wales. Really good fun :D

The current year details are still being finalised but last year's details are on the URDD's website http://www.urdd.org/caerdydd/cynnwyscae ... 350&lng=en ...
An unique opportunity to enjoy a week at the Urdd City Sleepover in the Wales Millennium Centre participating in a performance course with experts from the leading arts companies in Wales (Academi, BBC NOW, Diversions, Hijinx, Wales Millennium Centre, Urdd Gobaith Cymru and Welsh National Opera).
Spend six days developing a show culminating in a final public performance on the foyer stage at Wales’ leading arts venue. Prices include all tuition and training, bed and board, a ticket to see the Sound of Music with Connie Fisher at the Wales Millennium Centre and entertainment during the week.
Open to young people of all abilities aged 11-15 years old.

Hoping this year will be similar - sounds really good. Only down side is my DS is too young. :(
If anyone else has done this let us know what they think.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Re: Performing Arts Workshop - Cardiff Summer - URDD

Post by mogs »

This looks good. Both my boys are members of the Urdd. We're in Aberaeron next month with the youger one!My ds would love this. Only problem we may have is it could clash with MJ summer school :?
Calon-lan
BRIT Award

Post by Calon-lan »

Hi Mogs - we are going to the maes too - DS for the Cor Cerdd Dant and both have entries through in arts & crafts. What is your younger DS doing?

Noticed you mentioned MJ summer school - what do you think of it?
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Youngest ds is in the under 9 Dawnsio Gwerin and also has entries in the arts and craft. We're looking forward to it. Should be a good day.
My other ds missed summer school last year as we had already booked a holiday ( he only joined MJ in May so we don't really know much about it. He really wants to go this year. Have you any experience of it? Is it worth them going?
Calon-lan
BRIT Award

Post by Calon-lan »

mogs wrote: My other ds missed summer school last year as we had already booked a holiday ( he only joined MJ in May so we don't really know much about it. He really wants to go this year. Have you any experience of it? Is it worth them going?
We haven't tried MJ - so I was wondering what you thought.

We have tried West End Stage in North Wales - I have pm'd you
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

I don't think i've received your message-unless it's late coming through??? :?