Fit to work certificates-advice please....

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Fit to work certificates-advice please....

Post by Irishdancer »

I had that problem with my £ sign I think I went to start then control panel then hard ware and sounds then go to keyboard can not remember what to do after that no u have to change the keyboard from American back to English settings but can not remember how to I expect some one on here will be able to help
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

It's Showtime wrote:the only person who 'suffers' if you can't pay for it is the child who loses the work, that may have taken so much determination & hard work to get.
if the work is paid, and you keep accounts, there's no reason you can't recoup the money from the child's earnings

if it isn't and your own budget is really stretched, you may need to think long and hard about the whole idea of your child doing acting work right now - what about travel costs, for example - you'll still have travel costs to auditions even if your child doesn't get a role - i know ads often pay a small amount that covers that, but dramatic roles don't.

it's rotten and it's not fair - it's a conversation we've had many times before - none of us has an answer
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
It's Showtime
BRIT Award

Post by It's Showtime »

Thanks mathsmum & i do apologise if this has been forum has been raised before (didn't think about checking the on history :oops: ) but I suppose my main rant was a 100% increase in 6 mths!! - now reading everyone else's views + HCS angle from a GP point of view (thanks!), the charge isn't as bad, but will still challenge the 100% increase, but agree with you maths mum, if your child is successful, you don't mind doing that.
Bad Hair Day Anyone?
**It's Showtime Folks!**
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

collected ds's medical cert last week, then this week he got a part in a film , so i thought ..that's handy, we have the doctors letter bit covered....then discovered my LA don't ask for one, they are happy with a parent confirming the child is fit and well! :lol:
groovymother2k2
Nominee

Post by groovymother2k2 »

I used to run a MT at a local school and on several occasions we were asked to provide groups of children for a drama series that filmed locally. The medical form required by our local authority for licenses proved difficult as the children were registered with several different surgeries all with differing costs for the required piece of paper ranging from free to over £50 and one surgery which simply refused to do them at all. In the end I contacted a private medical company and they sent a doctor to the school who for a very reasonable cost saw all the children for a short examination . I was able to provide him with the medical information forms held by the school and he spent about 5 mins with each child before signing each individual form. The cost worked out at less than £5 per child. I know this won't we a suitable way of doing it for individual children but for a group it was a very sucessful and reasonably priced way of doing it.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

groovymother2k2 wrote: In the end I contacted a private medical company and they sent a doctor to the school who for a very reasonable cost saw all the children for a short examination . I was able to provide him with the medical information forms held by the school and he spent about 5 mins with each child before signing each individual form. The cost worked out at less than £5 per child.
What a good idea. Maybe we need a 6 monthly NAPM session run the same way. Would love to do it but don't think my GP partners would approve :(
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
It's Showtime
BRIT Award

Post by It's Showtime »

Well.... I paid £10 (the cost that my 12 yr old was charged in aug) & referred the surgery to that invoice & left it at that. Today I got in the post, another invoice less the £10 paid & o/s amount showing of £10 , a lengthy A4 typed letter explaining that the previous GP had 'done us a favour' (I wasn't aware of any favour) & he should have charges us the going rate of £20 then (he was head of the practice then, since retired) + enclosing a current list of all charges which are due to go up within the next 6 months anyway!! All sent 1st class post. I am speechless :-#

I wouldn't mind if there was a paid job waiting... but we require these in our area even if you are doing student films etc.....

Next time will try other method of booking an appt (for no reason) & taking a copy with me to stamp.

Like the idea of getting a group session though if theres a lot of children that gets work at a local theatre school.
Bad Hair Day Anyone?
**It's Showtime Folks!**
OutoftheShadows
BRIT Award

Post by OutoftheShadows »

MY LEA is exactly the same & has been for the last year at least.A parental declaration of Health is all that is required No doctors note. ...Sounds Great. However My agent pointed out a very good point. If one of my DCs were to fall ill & be unable to partake in filming that we had agreed to, The Production Company could atempt to recoup any financial loses, incurred by my DCs being unavailable, directly from me....As i would have signed the declaration.... We thought Long & hard about this & decided to get the doctors notes signed ,& submit them to our LEA, even though they were not specifically required. Just Thought id pass on my agents words of wisdom!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I work for DS's GP and as he isn't too generous on the wages front, if he dare ask a fee for signing the declaration...... :x

so I guess that is one perk of the job...
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE