American Idol

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

American Idol

Post by Welsh Mum »

I don't watch this show every week, but try to catch a few esp Finals as the standard is so high (remember Adam Lambert :shock: :shock: :shock: )

Anyway, Victoria Beckham was the guest judge on tonight and she looked so thin it was painful to watch. I just wanted her to stop judging and have a good meal. Her comments were rather bland as well, think she felt out of her depth. Wonder if the show will last without SC???
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Re: American Idol

Post by mogs »

I love American Idol but really miss Paula. She used to make me laugh so much with her comments and the looks Simon would give her :lol: Agree with you about Victoria. She looked so stiff. She almost looks as if she's afraid to enjoy herself. Definately needs a visit to chip shop alley :lol: :lol:
titania

Post by titania »

There are rumours about saying she will replace Danii here and the AMerican show was just to get her judges legs so as to speak!
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Hope not, I like Danii and think she is the best judge/adviser
orange_squash
BRIT Award

Post by orange_squash »

I much prefer Dannii to the other judges on X factor but she is pregnant now so maybe she will choose to leave the show anyway :(
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

mogs wrote:I love American Idol but really miss Paula. She used to make me laugh so much with her comments and the looks Simon would give her :lol: Agree with you about Victoria. She looked so stiff. She almost looks as if she's afraid to enjoy herself. Definately needs a visit to chip shop alley :lol: :lol:
Ha ha yes Mogs, Paula was my Fav too, During the live shows she always seemed like she was a little bit Pi@*#d :lol: :lol:

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Ha ha.Exactly. Always thought she'd had a few glasses too many before starting the shows! :lol: :lol: Didn't know Danni was pregnant.
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Has been alot of talk that Danni has got one up on Cheryl by being pregnant first :roll:
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Has anybody been following this? Down to the last 24. Havent got a favourite yet but there's quite a few that i like. Going to see what they do tonight. I'm really struggling to like the new judge-she is soooooo annoying. BRING BACK PAULA \:D/
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

mogs wrote:Has anybody been following this? Down to the last 24. Havent got a favourite yet but there's quite a few that i like. Going to see what they do tonight. I'm really struggling to like the new judge-she is soooooo annoying. BRING BACK PAULA \:D/
Yeay we are watching it too Mogs. Its become sort of a ritual in our house :D We've sky plussed it so we don't have to watch all the commercials :lol: :lol: so not seen the first round of girls songs yet. There were some interesting choices for the final 12 weren't there and I thought that the girl with the facial paralysis would get a nother chance as when she left the roon Simon said it was the wrong decision. I thought they might have a re-think over her but so far not!

I know exactly what you mean about Ellen De G :? I've not warmed to her yet either. I didn't like the way she delivered the yes / no decisions way too over the top for me. I'll give her a chance though but am missing Paula :cry: It will be interesting to see what happens when Simon has gone!

Dawn .x.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Yeah, it's hard to imagine American Idol without without Simon. Don't actually know if i would keep following it as he's the only one who keeps it all 'sane' .
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I was actually not that impressed with the girls - not many stood out for me, and think their styling was off sometimes as well.
Luck'n'Fate
BRIT Award

Post by Luck'n'Fate »

Last edited by Luck'n'Fate on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Is anyone still watching this? Have found it really hard to get into this year. I don't see a star in any of the finalists. After seeing Adam last year, this lot look like they're doing karaoke :shock: I've kept with it because i usually love American Idol but i've got to admit I'm slowly turning off.
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

mogs wrote:Is anyone still watching this? Have found it really hard to get into this year. I don't see a star in any of the finalists. After seeing Adam last year, this lot look like they're doing karaoke :shock: I've kept with it because i usually love American Idol but i've got to admit I'm slowly turning off.
Yeah me too Mogs. Although I do quite like Crystal in the girls camp and one of the boys whose name I cannot even remember (thats how memorable he is) Big Mike is a good singer but he is so out of date sort of a Luther Vandross mixed with Alexander O neil :lol: :lol:

I just don't think they seem as good this year :( but like you will keep watching. Ellen De G is getting a bit better as a judge now too.

Dawn .x.