Scallywags ????

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

Rose
Nominee

Scallywags ????

Post by Rose »

New year and a new try at acting for my 14 year old dd. She has been with her agent for almost 3 years she has 2, 1 for modelling and 1 for acting. She has had a few things come from the modelling side,but very little from the acting. Both are well known and have told me that they are very busy with work ,but not for my dd. So is it time to change agents what will the new year bring sorry I always get like this excited about 2010!!! Scallywags model agency has ask her to attend a photo shot this week and I know very little about this company other than what I read on the internet. So if anyone has been with them and know if they are any good please let me know. Not sure if moving agents will help,but don't want to turn poss work for dd if its out there. I always try and live in hope,but sometimes that's not enough.
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
KennedyKlan
Nominee

Re: Scallywags ????

Post by KennedyKlan »

Gee that sounds worse than my story I signed my daughter up with VMA Models and talent and in the last 2 years she has done a film and a commercial and 1 model job, been to lots of casting calls but didnt get them
ziggy
BRIT Award

Post by ziggy »

Rose wrote:New year and a new try at acting for my 14 year old dd. She has been with her agent for almost 3 years she has 2, 1 for modelling and 1 for acting. She has had a few things come from the modelling side,but very little from the acting. Both are well known and have told me that they are very busy with work ,but not for my dd. So is it time to change agents what will the new year bring sorry I always get like this excited about 2010!!! Scallywags model agency has ask her to attend a photo shot this week and I know very little about this company other than what I read on the internet. So if anyone has been with them and know if they are any good please let me know. Not sure if moving agents will help,but don't want to turn poss work for dd if its out there. I always try and live in hope,but sometimes that's not enough.
I think they charge. And the general rule is - if they ask for money upfront DONT DO IT.

But they do get work so...

Where about do you live? You should check whatever agency you chose can cater for your dd
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

do bear in mind that 14yo girls can get very little unless they are very lucky - it's sooo much easier to use an off-licence 16yo who looks younger
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Where's my phone?
Nominee

Post by Where's my phone? »

Hi Rose,
I haven't posted on here in months but my ds is 14 and with Sw and he has had plenty of work through them, he is now just with them for modelling and has an acting agent , this only happened a few months ago so difficult to say how that will affect things.