Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by biscuitsneeded »

@K8t Thanks for explaining. I guess if it says decision pending, it really is exactly that. Very frustrating for your DD but it sounds hopeful, at least.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

K8t wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:23 pm
lawn wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:47 am My daughter was offered PPA acting foundation then changed to degree in 2021. She had auditioned online due to the lockdowns and accepted without visiting because that wasn't possible. When she later attended the open day she didn't think it was the right fit for her so when a last minute offer came elsewhere she took that instead. We had heard vaguely heard of PPA prior to this. My understanding is it's been running some years and I think initially had connections to GSA running as a separate body for foundation (not sure if GSA ran their own back then) but when GSA became part of the Uni of Surrey, PPA wasn't included and so set up as a drama school in it's own right. PPA is occasionally mentioned on old threads on here. I think in the beginning funding was difficult. Not sure if it's the same now but when DD was due to go though you could borrow the full £9250 tuition fee from student finance, there was an additional £1250 per year to pay directly to the college. There was also quite a large deposit to hold the place of £500 (which we lost) . In comparison I'm aware that IC was charging £300 deposit that year. The year after DD decided to go elsewhere I noticed PPA being mentioned a lot more, so yes quite possibly 'one to watch' and not yet on everyone's radar but if finances are tight look into the aspects I've mentioned re costs/deposits.
Thank you alerting me to this. With PPA it looks like the Foundation year is privately funded £9,250, so we have to pay, but the 3 year BA has access to student finance.
Sorry I didn't make it clear which course I was talking about in my previous post as I mentioned DD was originally offered PPA foundation then changed to degree.

It was the degree that you could borrow £9250 for the tuition fee via Student loans but you had to pay an additional £1250 per year directly to the college, so £3750 over a 3 year degree.

Back then their foundation was completely private, no student finance and would have cost around £10K-10.5K.

If the foundation is now available via student finance, I would check if that covers the whole tuition fee or if there's still an additional charge on top like there was with degree.

ETA - I couldn't get on their website the other day to check but have done now. The integrated foundation year with degree, the fees are 9250 for the foundation year (year zero) followed by £10, 500 for the following years 1-3 of degree, of which you will be able to borrow £9250 each year from student finance for tuition, the remaining £1250 per year will need to be paid each year directly to the college.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Sahara wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm Does anyone have any info/thoughts on the merits of the Trinity Laban and Emil Dale Cert HE (foundation) MT courses? DD has been offered both, as well as the degree plus foundation year at PPA, and a recall for foundation at Mountview.
She has recalls at GSA and Royal Welsh still to do, as well as Urdang initial audition. Also still waiting on outcome from Conti tapes. Thank you!
Has your daughter had her recall for a Mountview yet? If so any idea what to expect? Daughter has hers in June.
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

K8t wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:32 pm
Sahara wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm Does anyone have any info/thoughts on the merits of the Trinity Laban and Emil Dale Cert HE (foundation) MT courses? DD has been offered both, as well as the degree plus foundation year at PPA, and a recall for foundation at Mountview.
She has recalls at GSA and Royal Welsh still to do, as well as Urdang initial audition. Also still waiting on outcome from Conti tapes. Thank you!
Has your daughter had her recall for a Mountview yet? If so any idea what to expect? Daughter has hers in June.
Ah no, her recall is June also. I think all the MT foundation recalls are in June.
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

How is she getting on with her other recalls?
One more recall here then done!
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

DD has an unconditional offer from Rose B, BA ATA. Still waiting for GSA Foundation response, has a recall for Mountview in June.

She said if she is offered GSA, it would be a hard decision as that’s been her dream. We’ve heardnothing from Italia Conti after her self tape, she said having met some IC students at auditions, she felt maybe it wasn’t for her. The Arden has not been in touch either.

So at least she has somewhere she would like to go, she was impressed with the facilities at RB which is interesting as she went to an open day last year and decided not to apply. How things change in a year!
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

So no offers on the table for my DC yet 😔. Still a few auditions and recalls to go so fingers crossed something goes their way. Got through to second round at Central but then the dreaded UCAS status change. Now has EDA tomorrow, IT recall, Mountview recall for Actor Musicianship and GSA foundation auditions to go so fingers crossed they get something. If not we will be doing it all again next year.

Good luck to everyone else waiting on auditions / results.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 am So no offers on the table for my DC yet 😔. Still a few auditions and recalls to go so fingers crossed something goes their way. Got through to second round at Central but then the dreaded UCAS status change. Now has EDA tomorrow, IT recall, Mountview recall for Actor Musicianship and GSA foundation auditions to go so fingers crossed they get something. If not we will be doing it all again next year.

Same here. Second year auditioning for acting. GSA recall today, Guildhall tomorrow. Waiting to hear first recall outcome from Rose Bruford and RCS. Foundation recalls for East 15 and Oxford to do within the next couple of weeks (only applied for foundation here). Recalled for MT at Central then rejected - fine with that, she doesn’t want to do MT and Central didn’t feel right for her. Through to zoom audition after self tape for Lamda, then rejected. If she doesn’t get into GSA/Rose Bruford for BA will apply for foundation, presumably it won’t be too late.

Good luck and fingers crossed for them.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 am So no offers on the table for my DC yet 😔. Still a few auditions and recalls to go so fingers crossed something goes their way. Got through to second round at Central but then the dreaded UCAS status change. Now has EDA tomorrow, IT recall, Mountview recall for Actor Musicianship and GSA foundation auditions to go so fingers crossed they get something. If not we will be doing it all again next year.

How did the EDA go? She did well to get a second round at Central, so dint give up hope. DD got a couple of offers last year, but decided to try again, there’s still time.

Interesting the GSA are still auditioning for Foundation, DD had hers ages ago, but still waiting to hear the outcome, I know there have been some offers, so maybe she’s borderline and they’re waiting to see who else comes along. A couple she knows already had a no.

We’ve not heard from Italia C yet from self tape, although she’s not so bothered for some reason.

The time it all takes is crazy.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Ditzi wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:19 am

Same here. Second year auditioning for acting. GSA recall today, Guildhall tomorrow. Waiting to hear first recall outcome from Rose Bruford and RCS. Foundation recalls for East 15 and Oxford to do within the next couple of weeks (only applied for foundation here). Recalled for MT at Central then rejected - fine with that, she doesn’t want to do MT and Central didn’t feel right for her. Through to zoom audition after self tape for Lamda, then rejected. If she doesn’t get into GSA/Rose Bruford for BA will apply for foundation, presumably it won’t be too late.

What Rose B course was she going for?
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

K8t wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:03 am

BA acting, through to final round 😀
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

K8t wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:59 am

How did the EDA go? She did well to get a second round at Central, so dint give up hope. DD got a couple of offers last year, but decided to try again, there’s still time.

Interesting the GSA are still auditioning for Foundation, DD had hers ages ago, but still waiting to hear the outcome, I know there have been some offers, so maybe she’s borderline and they’re waiting to see who else comes along. A couple she knows already had a no.

We’ve not heard from Italia C yet from self tape, although she’s not so bothered for some reason.

So EDA seemed to go well. Got kept back for interview at the end of the day so now the waiting game to see if they get an offer.
GSA foundation audition is on 20th and I believe that is their last one so hopefully they will start to make more decisions then. That week is crazy for my DC as they also have their BTEC Music performances that week. Hopefully everything will work out.
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

sailorgirluae wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:07 pm
K8t wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:59 am

So EDA seemed to go well. Got kept back for interview at the end of the day so now the waiting game to see if they get an offer.
GSA foundation audition is on 20th and I believe that is their last one so hopefully they will start to make more decisions then. That week is crazy for my DC as they also have their BTEC Music performances that week. Hopefully everything will work out.

Sounds positive for EDA sailorgirluae to be kept for an interview has to be a positive sign 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
We have had a lull in things going on here, thinking about current offers, seeing if there is movement on a reserve list and one more audition to go!!! Then it will need to be decision time. My daughters top two couldn't be more different and one is a full offer and one is a reserve offer so difficult to know whether to hold out or accept other top offer 😩 what would people put on pros and cons list for offers???
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Ditzi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 pm

What did she think of RB? DD has an offer for American Theatrw Arts, they only took a week to let her know, but didn’t do a recall or even interview her, which I thought was odd.

She’s waiting for other outcomes before finally deciding, but I think it’s her favourite at the moment.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

K8t wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:34 pm
Ditzi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 pm

What did she think of RB? DD has an offer for American Theatrw Arts, they only took a week to let her know, but didn’t do a recall or even interview her, which I thought was odd.

She’s waiting for other outcomes before finally deciding, but I think it’s her favourite at the moment.
She absolutely loves it there, it’s definitely her first choice. I don’t know anything about the other courses but one of dd’s friends was offered the same course as your dd, she just finished their acting foundation and applied for both BA Acting and ATA. She didn’t get a recall for acting but was offered ATA.