Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by LizzyBee »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:44 am Good luck @lizzybee and @sailorgirl's DC. Keep us posted.
Will do, thank you!
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

Does anyone know if Performers ever offer a place without asking for an interview? They say getting an interview has no bearing on offers but everyone my DD knows had an interview before offered a place on the day and her friend was offered a place today after an interview. My DD was not offered an interview so I just wanted to reassure her that all is not lost!
Last edited by Hilltop on Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

LizzyBee wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:35 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:25 pm First audition today for my DC at Urdang. Now for the 2 week wait!
How did it go? Mine has hers in Jan!
They really enjoyed the day. Found the dance a little fast (weakest area) but loved the process.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Hilltop wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:44 pm Does anyone know if Performers ever offer a place without asking for an interview? They say getting an interview has no bearing on offers but everyone my DD knows had an interview before offered a place on the day and her friend was offered a place today after an interview. My DD was not offered an interview so I just wanted to reassure her that all is not lost!
Did she audition for Acting or MT? I looked at their website and Acting says will have an interview afterwards, MT says may. Do you/she know of anyone offered a place who didn't get an interview? One place my DD auditioned at last year at the end asked 3/4 people (not her) to stay back and then claimed it was to do with something else not an interview but I knew from posts I'd read on here that is was really to make an offer, which when I told DD confirmed what she'd thought during the process. Just be ready to support if it's bad news and that there's always somewhere else or another year to try. Good luck
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

My general observation would be that no interview (from a place where they do interviews) means no offer, but I don't have any specific experience of Performers. If that's the case, I hope your DD won't be too disappointed and will bounce back and get offers elsewhere. DS knew a few talented girls doing the Performers/Wilkes/Italia Conti circuit last year, and they had some surprising outcomes, but every one of them got a place at one of the above in the end. They all seem to want slightly different things.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Hilltop wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:44 pm Does anyone know if Performers ever offer a place without asking for an interview? They say getting an interview has no bearing on offers but everyone my DD knows had an interview before offered a place on the day and her friend was offered a place today after an interview. My DD was not offered an interview so I just wanted to reassure her that all is not lost!
My dd auditioned at Performers a few years ago, was gutted as she didn’t get an interview, cried most the way home as it was her last audition (no other offers) so thought that was it, then a few days later she was offered Pre-Voc there. She took this and was then offered degree the next year but chose to go to Wilkes instead, graduated this year and is now in her first professional panto. I think all colleges are different, dd was told some (Wilkes did) like to interview everyone, some interview those they are looking to offer to but some won’t interview if they think they’ve seen enough they like in the audition, sometimes the interview can be for them to make their mind up about someone. Btw, people she auditioned with at Performers, some were interviewed but offered nothing so I don’t think you can decide what it means either one way or another. Fingers crossed you dd will hear something.
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

Thank you for your replies, they did say in the email and at the morning presentation that not being called for an interview doesn’t mean it’s bad news, but everyone my DD knows that got an offer from previous years and this year had offers after interviews. TBH I’m not sure it’s the right fit for her anyway as dance is not her strongest but we will see!
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

@Hilltop if your daughter doesn't see herself as first and foremost a dancer, I think you're right, and Performers maybe isn't the right place anyway. My impression is that Performers mainly trains large cohorts of dancers, and many of them will not go into stage/MT performing careers but more commercial work. I'm not knocking it, but if your daughter has her heart set on an MT career there are probably better options elsewhere.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

So it was a no from Urdang for my DC. They were ok with that as it’s not in their top 5 so taking on board the experience. ArtsEd up next in early Jan.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

@sailorgirluae Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your DC will have moved on and views the experience as a practice run for the real auditions coming up! Keep the faith. Where else has DC applied?
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

@sailorgirluae sorry about the urdang news- hopefully things will go better at artsed. It’s all an emotional rollercoaster!

My ds ucas finally got submitted on nye of all times so now has a few auditions in the diary and some tapes to do. So different for each place and tough a few still having rounds by self tape. Tricky few months ahead. Good luck to the dc but think we might need the stamina too. I’m wondering if dry January is a bad idea 😂
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

In my humble opinion, this process should not be attempted without gin.
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Hey everyone, it’s been quiet in here, how’s it all going? We’re having the usual rollercoaster of ups and downs (or otherwise known as rejections and recalls!)

Some places taking an age to get back on first round tapes

Would be good to hear from everyone - the good, the bad and the ugly!! This is all about the support we can give each other
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

My ds has only done one so far at central. Waiting for news to see of any recalls but know how competitive it is so trying not to get hopes up.

Also waiting for news on first round tapes. Where has your dc been so far?
MTEast
BRIT Award

Post by MTEast »

I’ve been wondering how everyone is getting on….