Auditioning for 2023 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for 2023 entry

Post by islandofsodor »

In which case that is really odd as LAMDA don't have set syllabus pieces for Grades 6-8 acting. Who exactly advised her of this? For Grade 7 candidates simply choose one pre 1800, one between 1800 and 2000 and one post 200 monologue from a published play or screen play.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

islandofsodor wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:39 am In which case that is really odd as LAMDA don't have set syllabus pieces for Grades 6-8 acting. Who exactly advised her of this? For Grade 7 candidates simply choose one pre 1800, one between 1800 and 2000 and one post 200 monologue from a published play or screen play.
That’s strange, it was her LAMDA teacher when she was at school. She’s just finishing 6th year now, so a few years ago before Covid.

Maybe it was a list she had.
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

Bird foundies have now got their audition results so I guess we can expect to see some offers coming out in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!
Fizzintheshire
Nominee

Post by Fizzintheshire »

Helenb76 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 pm Bird foundies have now got their audition results so I guess we can expect to see some offers coming out in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!
Fingers tightly crossed here. Our DD has been patiently waiting since March on the reserve for degree . God luck to everyone waiting to see if they are offered a place
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

Fizzintheshire wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:54 pm
Helenb76 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 pm Bird foundies have now got their audition results so I guess we can expect to see some offers coming out in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!
Fingers tightly crossed here. Our DD has been patiently waiting since March on the reserve for degree . God luck to everyone waiting to see if they are offered a place
Good luck!
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Fizzintheshire wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:54 pm
Good luck to everyone on the reserve list - DDs friend is waiting patiently too :)
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

I hope people who were still waiting for news have had some progress. DS accepted his GSA Acting degree place today. I am very relieved!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:27 pm I hope people who were still waiting for news have had some progress. DS accepted his GSA Acting degree place today. I am very relieved!
Congratulations! GSA is amazing, I’m sure he will love his time there.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Harry2003 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:42 am
biscuitsneeded wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:27 pm I hope people who were still waiting for news have had some progress. DS accepted his GSA Acting degree place today. I am very relieved!
Congratulations! GSA is amazing, I’m sure he will love his time there.
Thank you. I think he will love it too. And I am very relieved he has made a decision as the limbo was unsettling!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Sending all the best to all the parents going through this with your kids.
It’s a never ending roller coaster..
First it’s getting a place at a drama school that you hope for.
Then it’s the placing within classes and grading.
Then it’s who gets what in the final shows.
Then it’s a battle for the right agent.
Then it’s getting your foot in the casting doors to be seen and auditioned, and hopefully getting a job to pay your rent.

The treadmill rarely stops.

The resilience and determination of these kids amazes me every day.
It’s a tough watch seeing them disappointed or struggling so you all have my admiration as I really know exactly what that feels like.
It’s a crazy ride!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Wonder if someone can help me with this. My daughter has just received a drama school offer for a course she had been rejected from in the Spring.

It's not her perfect course, but she's considering it. She says she is able to defer the course offered until September 2024. I've looked it up and if she does do this it will mean she can't then apply to any other schools that are through UCAS. What about schools where you directly apply though, would she still be able to do that or not (these are acting or similar courses not MT if that makes a difference to any replies)?
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

riverdancefan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:24 pm Sending all the best to all the parents going through this with your kids.
It’s a never ending roller coaster..
First it’s getting a place at a drama school that you hope for.
Then it’s the placing within classes and grading.
Then it’s who gets what in the final shows.
Then it’s a battle for the right agent.
Then it’s getting your foot in the casting doors to be seen and auditioned, and hopefully getting a job to pay your rent.

The treadmill rarely stops.

The resilience and determination of these kids amazes me every day.
It’s a tough watch seeing them disappointed or struggling so you all have my admiration as I really know exactly what that feels like.
It’s a crazy ride!
Thank you Riverdance Fan! Nice to see you on here!
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

lawn wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:32 pm Wonder if someone can help me with this. My daughter has just received a drama school offer for a course she had been rejected from in the Spring.

It's not her perfect course, but she's considering it. She says she is able to defer the course offered until September 2024. I've looked it up and if she does do this it will mean she can't then apply to any other schools that are through UCAS. What about schools where you directly apply though, would she still be able to do that or not (these are acting or similar courses not MT if that makes a difference to any replies)?
My dd is in the same position. Has deferred an offer, as it wasn’t exactly what she hoped for and turned another down.

However, she wants to go through the application process again to see if something better comes along.

From what I understand. If it’s not through UCAS you can apply direct, it won’t affect anything. However, if it’s a Conservatoire or a UCAS application, she will have to turn down the place. If you find out any different, do let me know!

I think my dd is going to see how she feels in September before applying anywhere, it’s a gamble, but as others have advised me on here, if her heart isn’t in where she goes, it won’t work. Nothing to say she can’t audition for her place again, but it looks a bit bad if she turns it down an s applies again and a bit obvious that she’s tried for something ‘better’!
NOMI73
Nominee

Post by NOMI73 »

Bird are starting to offer reserve list places, one of my daughters had the call and email yesterday.
She's making her mind up today, but is pretty likely to hand back.
Fizzintheshire
Nominee

Post by Fizzintheshire »

Great to hear the reserve list is in movement.
Keeping everything crossed for my DD, she’s been so anxious waiting. She has another offer, but Bird was her top choice. 🤞🏻