Auditioning for 2023 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2023 entry

Post by Ditzi »

Proseccoplease wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:35 am
Ditzi wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:44 am Can anyone tell me how long did it take to hear back from GSA after submitting the self tape please. Dd submitted hers in February and hasn’t heard anything either way. Is it normal to take this long? Meanwhile she’s also waiting to hear back from her Rose Bruford recall, which she really loved.
I can’t remember exactly how long it took for DS to hear back after self-tape but I’m pretty sure it was less than 4 weeks but I know they say it can take up to sux weeks. We are having a similar frustrating wait from RCS! I would email admissions, they are all used to being asked. And on that note I’d love to know if anyone knows of recalls at RCS?
Thank you, I think I’ll wait a little longer and if she doesn’t hear soon I’ll ask her to email (I’m not sure exactly how many weeks has been). Good luck with RCS.
Gymmom
Nominee

Post by Gymmom »

Ditzi wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:58 am
biscuitsneeded wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:28 pm
oscar wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:47 pm Has anyone had any experience with waiting lists eg Conti, Arts Ed, Mountview, Urdang? From what we can see they all work quite differently.
My DS is on the reserve list for Acting at Central. They only take 16 students, so he's proud to have got that far, but we can't really sense whether it is even a tiny bit likely to turn into a real offer. In teh meantime the UCAS deadline is looming in May and he doesn't know whether to accept GSA, which I'm sure would be great, or take a gamble and follow his dream, and try again for his top choices next year. He's still at school so a gap year isn't necessarily a bad idea, but I'm worried he might do worse next time around than he did this year!
Wow, he’s done amazingly well, congratulations to your ds! But a tricky situation to be in, maybe leave it as long as possible before the ucas deadline and email Central to try and find out where on the waiting list he is. It is a big gamble, but if he feels Central is where his heart is and having gotten so close, I understand his reasons for wanting to try again next year.
Congratulations that really is great news. Just be aware that for acting the waiting lists tend not to be in order. The schools are building a cohort and if someone doesn’t accept the place they try and fill the place with a similar applicant. Best of luck
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Can somebody maybe let me know the process for accepting offers, only never having gone through this before, neither I or my dd are quite sure.

Do you have to accept by a certain date?

My daughter has two offers and is still waiting on two other outcomes, one she had a recall yesterday, one is next Friday. She is also just submitting an application for two foundations.

One offer she’s not keen on, the other she probably would take, but if either of the foundations were offered (GSA and Arts), she thinks she would take those. However, having only just submitted and about to submit another this week, is time running out?

Many thanks.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Ditzi wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:54 am
Ditzi wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:44 am Can anyone tell me how long did it take to hear back from GSA after submitting the self tape please. Dd submitted hers in February and hasn’t heard anything either way. Is it normal to take this long? Meanwhile she’s also waiting to hear back from her Rose Bruford recall, which she really loved.
I can’t remember exactly how long it took for DS to hear back after self-tape but I’m pretty sure it was less than 4 weeks but I know they say it can take up to sux weeks. We are having a similar frustrating wait from RCS! I would email admissions, they are all used to being asked. And on that note I’d love to know if anyone knows of recalls at RCS?
Thank you, I think I’ll wait a little longer and if she doesn’t hear soon I’ll ask her to email (I’m not sure exactly how many weeks has been). Good luck with RCS.
My dd sent self tapes to GSA at the end of Jan so over seven weeks ago! 😳 She followed up last Monday (in case they had gone missing) and they replied saying they had received the tapes and were in final stages of reviewing and would be replying very shortly. Now over a week later …..
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

pinky3 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:48 am
My dd sent self tapes to GSA at the end of Jan so over seven weeks ago! 😳 She followed up last Monday (in case they had gone missing) and they replied saying they had received the tapes and were in final stages of reviewing and would be replying very shortly. Now over a week later …..
Oh gosh, sounds like a few of us are in the same boat then. It’s 5 weeks for us. We can tell from you tube views that they’ve watched the tapes but still nothing more!
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

@ditzi @pinky3 any news from GSA? Nothing here still
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

LizzyBee wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:12 pm
No, nothing.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Ditzi wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Nothing here either!🫣 Also waiting for Urdang from last Sunday - dd said standard was very high! I guess we can forget about it until a Monday now! X

No, nothing.
daffodilbutterfly
Nominee

Post by daffodilbutterfly »

2good2hurry wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:44 am So blooming happy - DD got offer of Degree at ArtsEd yesterday. Her absolute dream school. Happy doesn't begin to describe how we are all feeling. This was her third year of applying, so for those of you who may be in a similar situation to us, there is absolutely hope!
Hi massive congratulations! Any tips for arts Ed audition MY DD has this week and would so love to go there , interested to know what she sang please too?
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

daffodilbutterfly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:56 pm
2good2hurry wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:44 am So blooming happy - DD got offer of Degree at ArtsEd yesterday. Her absolute dream school. Happy doesn't begin to describe how we are all feeling. This was her third year of applying, so for those of you who may be in a similar situation to us, there is absolutely hope!
Hi massive congratulations! Any tips for arts Ed audition MY DD has this week and would so love to go there , interested to know what she sang please too?
She has a lot of incredibly talented friends who didn't get a recall, so it is so difficult to know what they are looking for but I think from our experience it is important to stand out and be a bit different. She sang 'All that remains' for her chosen song and I will check her legit one. From what I understand the legit is what they really look at. Not sure how much help this is but best of luck to your DD!

Update - I think her legit was 'Will he Like me?' from 'She Loves Me' :D
daffodilbutterfly
Nominee

Post by daffodilbutterfly »

2good2hurry wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:35 pm
daffodilbutterfly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:56 pm
She has a lot of incredibly talented friends who didn't get a recall, so it is so difficult to know what they are looking for but I think from our experience it is important to stand out and be a bit different. She sang 'All that remains' for her chosen song and I will check her legit one. From what I understand the legit is what they really look at. Not sure how much help this is but best of luck to your DD!

Update - I think her legit was 'Will he Like me?' from 'She Loves Me' :D
Thank you so much , very helpful
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

pinky3 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:42 pm

Nothing here either!🫣 Also waiting for Urdang from last Sunday - dd said standard was very high! I guess we can forget about it until a Monday now! X

No, nothing.
Finally heard back from GSA, dd has a recall. It came just at the right time, she’s been feeling a bit deflated after hearing back from her Rose Bruford recall yesterday to say the saw potential in her but she’s not quite ready for the BA course but they think she would be suited to their foundation course, so asked if she would like to be fast tracked to the interview stage for it. On one hand she’s happy to hear that, on the other hand it complicates things as she was convinced she doesn’t want to do a foundation. Rose Bruford is currently her top choice so she’s decided to do the interview and take it from there. I hope everyone else has good news. Such a rollercoaster of emotions, I feel exhausted!
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

Just to say thanks for the premier inn suggestion for performers, it worked brilliantly and was really easy to get a taxi. DD didn’t get an offer on the day and although she knows that there is still a chance of an offer she’s decided to write it off in her mind and move onto the next one despite feeling that her singing and acting went particularly well on the day. She has a couple of auditions in April, after the Easter break and then 3 or 4 in May I believe although she still hasn’t heard back from GSA.
Congrats to those who have offers in the bag, I’m sure they will all end up somewhere brilliant in the end.
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Ditzi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:00 pm

No, nothing.
Finally heard back from GSA, dd has a recall. It came just at the right time, she’s been feeling a bit deflated after hearing back from her Rose Bruford recall yesterday to say the saw potential in her but she’s not quite ready for the BA course but they think she would be suited to their foundation course, so asked if she would like to be fast tracked to the interview stage for it. On one hand she’s happy to hear that, on the other hand it complicates things as she was convinced she doesn’t want to do a foundation. Rose Bruford is currently her top choice so she’s decided to do the interview and take it from there. I hope everyone else has good news. Such a rollercoaster of emotions, I feel exhausted!
I’m with you on that rollercoaster! Great news on the GSA recall, hope that goes well. Everyone always says how much they love the training there so definitely a good one to consider. Sadly no recall for my DD this year, though did get one last year so who knows! Good luck!
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

LizzyBee wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:14 pm
Ditzi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:00 pm
I’m with you on that rollercoaster! Great news on the GSA recall, hope that goes well. Everyone always says how much they love the training there so definitely a good one to consider. Sadly no recall for my DD this year, though did get one last year so who knows! Good luck!
Thanks LizzieBee,

It will be good for her to see and get a feel for the school as she nearly didn’t apply to it, and you’re right, everyone seems to love it! We were meant to go to the open day but couldn’t make it in the end. Good luck to your dd with the rest of her auditions.