Auditioning for 2023 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

oscar
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2023 entry

Post by oscar »

pinky3 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:58 pm It's such a nail-biting journey - as we all know!

My DD had a recall for Italia Conti on Monday and is now waiting, had a rejection from ArtsEd Tuesday, and is still waiting for a response to online submissions for GSA and Mountview - both submitted at the end of Jan. All for MT.

Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting!
Rumour has it that Conti send audition results through when their foundation students aren’t in school which is very considerate so that would be late evening or the weekend.DD was in the recall for Arts on that Tuesday and has yet to hear anything. Waiting is the worst bit and even then, at best there would still be another stage. Mountview response to online submissions seem to be coming through quicker than GSA btw.
So lovely to hear of so many success stories. The audition process is brutal, physically and mentally for them. It’s so nice to be able to read and chat to parents who are living this process with their dd/ds. I never discuss it with anyone as I think others think it is soft option. Little do they realise how competitive it is and the stamina needed.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

oscar wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:14 am
pinky3 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:58 pm It's such a nail-biting journey - as we all know!

My DD had a recall for Italia Conti on Monday and is now waiting, had a rejection from ArtsEd Tuesday, and is still waiting for a response to online submissions for GSA and Mountview - both submitted at the end of Jan. All for MT.

Rumour has it that Conti send audition results through when their foundation students aren’t in school which is very considerate so that would be late evening or the weekend.DD was in the recall for Arts on that Tuesday and has yet to hear anything. Waiting is the worst bit and even then, at best there would still be another stage. Mountview response to online submissions seem to be coming through quicker than GSA btw.
So lovely to hear of so many success stories. The audition process is brutal, physically and mentally for them. It’s so nice to be able to read and chat to parents who are living this process with their dd/ds. I never discuss it with anyone as I think others think it is soft option. Little do they realise how competitive it is and the stamina needed.
Thanks, that’s interesting about Italia Conti. My dd still waiting for IC but has had rejection from Mountview but with offer of free audition for their acting foundation course - I think if it was MT she may have considered it. Yes agree it’s great to have a place to discuss the ups and downs - and agree its gruelling - even for the parents! X
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

pinky3 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 am

Thanks, that’s interesting about Italia Conti. My dd still waiting for IC but has had rejection from Mountview but with offer of free audition for their acting foundation course - I think if it was MT she may have considered it. Yes agree it’s great to have a place to discuss the ups and downs - and agree its gruelling - even for the parents! X
DD waiting on IC too. Fingers crossed for them both x
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

Yes, my DS received his offer just after 6pm (a few weeks ago now), so that sounds about right 🙂
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

oscar wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:00 pm
pinky3 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 am
DD waiting on IC too. Fingers crossed for them both x
DD’s offer came through at 10pm two weeks to the day from her recall.
I don’t think it has anything to do with not wanting to send them while the foundies are in college. All the admin emails go out in the evening or at weekends. DD pretty much gets all the info for the week on Sunday afternoons. Friday evening after college had closed they sent an email to say they were changing next terms term dates.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Well done to everyone who has received offers and waiting list places. And well done to parents holding their nerve! DS has had a couple more rejections and is still waiting to hear from his preferred option after final recall. It's very distracting for me as a parent, so goodness knows how the young people are meant to focus on schoolwork! Hope there's lots of lovely news around the corner for everyone on this board.

@Ditzi, loads of luck to your daughter just starting out on this crazy ride.
StartingLate
BRIT Award

Post by StartingLate »

First rejection letter today, from Laine.
She was was disappointed with herself on audition day, so was expecting a rejection letter.

She is waiting to hear from Wilkes and Italia Conti.
So far she has an offer that she is very happy with and Bird wait list.

Just one audition remaining, LSC in mid March.
Thank God the travel is coming to an end!!
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

:D
StartingLate wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:53 pm First rejection letter today, from Laine.
She was was disappointed with herself on audition day, so was expecting a rejection letter.

She is waiting to hear from Wilkes and Italia Conti.
So far she has an offer that she is very happy with and Bird wait list.

Just one audition remaining, LSC in mid March.
Thank God the travel is coming to an end!!
Sorry to hear that - it’s so hard for them. My DD didn't get an audition email for Wilkes - only a chaser yesterday (for audition Weds!) - but she decided not to go after all but felt bad about it! Still waiting for Italia Conti after auditioning two weeks ago yesterday. She’s got so much studying to do for school she’s managing to forget about it - until I remind her 🤦‍♀️
StartingLate
BRIT Award

Post by StartingLate »

Yay, offer from Wilkes today. And such a lovely offer letter!!
So now decision time, Performers Vs Wilkes. She absolutely loved them both.
I guess time to do Pros and Cons. It will be a hard decision, and a very close call.
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

StartingLate wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:46 am Yay, offer from Wilkes today. And such a lovely offer letter!!
I guess time to do Pros and Cons. It will be a hard decision, and a very close call.
Congratulations! How lovely to be in a position to choose. Still waiting for auditions to start here. First one isn’t until the end of this month then they go through to the end of May. Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

StartingLate wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:46 am Yay, offer from Wilkes today. And such a lovely offer letter!!
Fab news, my dd is in 3rd year at Wilkes and did Pre-Voc at Performers, both fab colleges but dd has never regretted her decision to move (was offered degree at both). A good choice to have to make x
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Congratulations @startinglate's DD! So good to see all these Dc getting offers.
Scotbean
Nominee

Post by Scotbean »

Hi
DD just had offer for Italia Conti foundation. Is this worthwhile? Anyone any experience of foundation courses? This is the only offer (apart from academic courses at other unis as she is still torn about what route to follow)
Advice or info appreciated! We live in the north of Scotland so this would be a big decision and expense
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Scotbean wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:12 am Hi
DD just had offer for Italia Conti foundation. Is this worthwhile? Anyone any experience of foundation courses? This is the only offer (apart from academic courses at other unis as she is still torn about what route to follow)
Advice or info appreciated! We live in the north of Scotland so this would be a big decision and expense
I would 100% say it is worthwhile if she wants her future to be in MT. Feel free to PM me for info.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Scotbean wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:12 am Hi
I'm just here to bang on about SOTE in Birmingham. Fantastic course without the expense of living in London and its got DD into her dream drama school! :D :D