Auditioning for 2023 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2023 entry

Post by pinky3 »

Thank you. Still can’t quite believe it!! 😀🤪
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Congratulations to all of your dc with offers! Fantastic! It's great to hear of successes. And good luck to all of those still auditioning or waiting on results. Well done to everyone going through this exciting but nail biting process! We remember it well!
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

Hello, I’m a bit late to this but nice to be able to share others experiences. Congratulations to those who have offers already.
My dd is currently on a foundation course and loving it! She didn’t get her applications in until end of Jan so hasn’t had any auditions just yet. I’m trying not to worry about that buts it’s quite difficult when you see how many people are already awaiting recalls etc. I guess it gives her more time to perfect her audition pieces. She only applied to 2 places last year for degree courses, she got a recall for one and then a foundation offer for the other. She manages all of the applications, auditions, music etc etc herself which is great in many ways but also a little frustrating as I never know what’s going on! On the plus side there is less travel and hotels required this year as she is already in London. Is anyone else still waiting for auditions to start?
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Helenb76 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:02 pm Hello, I’m a bit late to this but nice to be able to share others experiences. Congratulations to those who have offers already.
My dd is currently on a foundation course and loving it! She didn’t get her applications in until end of Jan so hasn’t had any auditions just yet. I’m trying not to worry about that buts it’s quite difficult when you see how many people are already awaiting recalls etc. I guess it gives her more time to perfect her audition pieces. She only applied to 2 places last year for degree courses, she got a recall for one and then a foundation offer for the other. She manages all of the applications, auditions, music etc etc herself which is great in many ways but also a little frustrating as I never know what’s going on! On the plus side there is less travel and hotels required this year as she is already in London. Is anyone else still waiting for auditions to start?
Yes, we are! My DD left it til ucas deadline to apply as wanted as long as possible as coming to end of vocal rehab after surgery last summer. So just getting tapes in now and booking in person. Went through it last year and it’s certainly a little tough to hold your nerve when hearing of offers esp on courses with only 15/16 places! In our case though we had no real choice. I do remember there was still recalls happening in april, maybe even may last year. Good luck!
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

[quote=LizzyBee post_id=264113 time=1676482581 user_id=
[quote=Helenb76 post_id=264112 time=<a href="tel:1676473328">1676473328</a> user_id=93582]
Hello, I’m a bit late to this but nice to be able to share others experiences. Congratulations to those who have offers already.
[/quote]

Yes, we are! My DD left it til ucas deadline to apply as wanted as long as possible as coming to end of vocal rehab after surgery last summer. So just getting tapes in now and booking in person. Went through it last year and it’s certainly a little tough to hold your nerve when hearing of offers esp on courses with only 15/16 places! In our case though we had no real choice. I do remember there was still recalls happening in april, maybe even may last year. Good luck!
[/quote]

We were pretty late last year too tbh, ArtsEd audition was end of April and Bird mid-May for a variety of reasons. I was really hoping she would have gone for a bit earlier this year but there you go! Glad I’m not the only one feeling it a bit. I hope your daughters surgery has been successful and that she is fully recovered. Good luck to her (and you) too!
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Helenb76 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:02 pm Hello, I’m a bit late to this but nice to be able to share others experiences. Congratulations to those who have offers already.
Hi, dd also late! Submitted a couple of self tapes this week and a couple last week, has first round zoom and face to face booked for late March and beginning of April, waiting for more audition slots to be released for another school, still has one school to apply to. I’m trying not to get involved as she’s generally organised and knows what she’s doing, but I would have preferred her not to leave it this late. As long as she submits everything before the deadlines, that’s fine I guess. She’s auditioning for straight acting only, she finds it rather stressful taping for each school individually pretty much as the all have different requirements. She used the same monologue tapes where she could but had to record intros and devising separately. Good luck, it’s going to be a long ride (or not? if she gets cut straight away, which is what she’s expecting). Most of her friends have had several offers already and doing recalls. I try not to think about that as she has her own journey to follow, things will work out eventually one way or another.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

It's such a nail-biting journey - as we all know!

My DD had a recall for Italia Conti on Monday and is now waiting, had a rejection from ArtsEd Tuesday, and is still waiting for a response to online submissions for GSA and Mountview - both submitted at the end of Jan. All for MT.

Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting!
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Good luck to everyone waiting to audition or waiting for news.

Update from DS so far, for BA Acting:

BOVTS : zoom done, no recall.
Rose Bruford: sent tapes, no recall.
Leeds Conservatoire: sent tapes, recalled but has withdrawn (see below)
Guildhall: tapes sent weeks ago, still waiting for news (long shot!)
RADA: tapes sent more recently, no news yet (also a long shot!)
Royal Welsh: zoom arranged for next week
Royal Central; recalled to pm on first audition day, recalled to Final Recall for Acting and for Devising course, did those about 10 days ago and is waiting for news. Loved it but thinks he's probably a bit too young at 17.
GSA: sent tapes, recalled, kept for interview and received an offer for BA Acting 4 days later!

Needless to say he is absolutely delighted with the GSA offer and unless something unexpected, that he doesn't dare dream of, happens, it is very likely he will be heading there in September. He's withdrawn from the Leeds recall purely because he is fairly sure he would rather go to GSA - not because of anything wrong with Leeds, he loved the course and the Course Leader was great at their Open Day, but he just feels GSA may have a little more clout with agents etc. He completely loved the GSA recall and really liked the tutors he met, so he'll be very very happy to go there.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:14 pm Good luck to everyone waiting to audition or waiting for news.

Royal Central; recalled to pm on first audition day, recalled to Final Recall for Acting and for Devising course, did those about 10 days ago and is waiting for news. Loved it but thinks he's probably a bit too young at 17.
GSA: sent tapes, recalled, kept for interview and received an offer for BA Acting 4 days later!

Needless to say he is absolutely delighted with the GSA offer and unless something unexpected, that he doesn't dare dream of, happens, it is very likely he will be heading there in September. He's withdrawn from the Leeds recall purely because he is fairly sure he would rather go to GSA - not because of anything wrong with Leeds, he loved the course and the Course Leader was great at their Open Day, but he just feels GSA may have a little more clout with agents etc. He completely loved the GSA recall and really liked the tutors he met, so he'll be very very happy to go there.
My son at GSA on MT degree. First year. Absolutely loves it. Congratulations to your son.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:14 pm Good luck to everyone waiting to audition or waiting for news.

Biscuitneeded that’s fantastic news, congratulations to your ds! He has done rather well 👏👏👏 You can all relax now. Dd applied to the same schools minus Leeds but will apply to Oxford as well this week.
Helenb76
BRIT Award

Post by Helenb76 »

Congratulations biscuitsneeded, that’s great news.
Pinky3, congrats for the conti recall, fingers crossed for a positive outcome. 3 of dd friends auditioned for ArtsEd on Tuesday and weren’t offered places either. DD got a recall there last year but isn’t holding her breath this year.
You’re right ditzi, no point stressing about it things generally work out in the end even if it takes a bit of time!
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Thank you Harry, Ditzi and Helen.

Ditzi, good luck to your DD. DS didn't go for Oxford as it seemed to be a diploma and not a degree, and we need student finance - but it looked great. DS also didn't apply to LAMDA, I can't remember now why that was! Please let me know how your DD gets on.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Yes congrats biscuits - great to have some options and at least one fab offer!
Thanks helenb74 - interesting about ArtEd and fingers crossed for your dd - I think they only recalled about 5 on Tuesday - my dd is much stronger at dancing so we knew it would be a long shot - she just wanted to give it a try - she’d done lots of prep for the interview to convince them to give her an offer (in case she got to that stage) but of course she didn’t, I think that’s why she was so disappointed. I actually don’t think it would be the right place for her (even though it’s an amazing school) When we went to Bird the talk by the Principal was excellent and it sounded perfect for her so she is lucky to have an offer there. She also likes Urdang but I don’t really know how they differ. I always thought Bird was more traditional and Urdang more commercial but I’m only guessing. Anyway I'm just waffling now!!
NOMI73
Nominee

Post by NOMI73 »

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My twins both auditioning for dance/MT. Got a few offers and some auditions to go.
One is really keen on Stella Mann where she has an offer, as she thinks she'd do better in a smaller college.
Does anyone have a child who's gone there and could answer some questions?
Well done for all the offers everyone, it's a tortuous process that's for sure!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Biscuits I saw your ds's news (albeit less detailed) elsewhere and I am delighted for him.