NYT results day

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

NYT results day

Post by TheatreTaxi »

Anyone else waiting?
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Re: NYT results day

Post by Ditzi »

Yep
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

🤞🤞🤞
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

It was a no here sadly but first year of trying so DC wants to go again next year 👍
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Good news for Dd, very happy! Hope is good news for you and everyone else waiting to hear!
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

TheatreTaxi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:23 pm It was a no here sadly but first year of trying so DC wants to go again next year 👍
Sorry to hear that, I hope your DC is not too disappointed x
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

Ditzi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:30 pm Good news for Dd, very happy! Hope is good news for you and everyone else waiting to hear!
Congratulations 🥳
DC ok - admitted that they were nervous about getting in and being the youngest there at 14 and pleased to have got this far.
How old is your DC?
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Thank you, she’s 16. From what I understand they prefer them to be a little older. Your dc did well to get so far and next time will be more experienced and mature, so will stand a better chance.
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

😘
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

TheatreTaxi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:40 pm
Ditzi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:30 pm Good news for Dd, very happy! Hope is good news for you and everyone else waiting to hear!
Congratulations 🥳
DC ok - admitted that they were nervous about getting in and being the youngest there at 14 and pleased to have got this far.
How old is your DC?
Congratulations to those accepted.

Don't let it put anyone off trying again and especially if they were at the younger end. Mine was accepted a couple of years ago, 16 when she tried, 17 by the time she got the results. She's heard that not many succeed first time at the lower age bracket Next time you're not only older, you know what to expect,

Unfortunately for mine covid meant the experience was online and then when she went to do the top up consolation course last year she fell ill and didn't get to do it. Never mind, she's still a member till her mid 20s.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Just seen this. DS was also lucky this year after a no last year (which was fully expected - even more delighted to have the yes this time). It's going to be an expensive summer as he is also doing NYMT, but he's 17 and has a part time job so can contribute. He's trying to decide between applying for MT or Acting at 18, so I am hoping this summer will give him the steer he needs. He loves MT but is currently feeling that Acting is more for him. I'm hoping doing NYT will help with his application if that's the route he decides to go. Well done to the other DC on here who got in, and commiserations to those who didn't - from DS' experience it's definitely worth trying again next year.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:02 pm Just seen this. DS was also lucky this year after a no last year (which was fully expected - even more delighted to have the yes this time). It's going to be an expensive summer as he is also doing NYMT, but he's 17 and has a part time job so can contribute. He's trying to decide between applying for MT or Acting at 18, so I am hoping this summer will give him the steer he needs. He loves MT but is currently feeling that Acting is more for him. I'm hoping doing NYT will help with his application if that's the route he decides to go. Well done to the other DC on here who got in, and commiserations to those who didn't - from DS' experience it's definitely worth trying again next year.
Congratulations to your ds, biscuitneeded! Dd is in a similar position, in her first year of a BTEC MT, almost 100% certain straight acting is what she wants to continue with. We are hoping that doing the NYT intake course will help her decide. We are so relieved she got in this year, timing is perfect, especially with auditions just around the corner.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Congrats to your DD too Ditzi. I agree, at 17 the timing is perfect! i hope it's a great experience and will stand them in good stead when it comes to auditions next year. DS knows the reality is not many people get onto an acting degree at 18, but he might as well have a go, and with NYT this summer he will at least feel it's worth a shot.
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

Is anyone else still waiting to hear?
Several friends of mine still haven't heard and have checked all folders.
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

mouskouri41 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:21 am Is anyone else still waiting to hear?
Several friends of mine still haven't heard and have checked all folders.
All results have gone out, so they should email nytresults@nyt.org.uk to check.