Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Grace03
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by Grace03 »

Last year Bird sent their uniform list at the start of the summer holidays I think.
It isn’t strict.
They tend to wear black tights even for ballet.
Leotards colour of their choice suitable style for ballet and for jazz.
Bird hoodies they can buy once they start.
The only thing they are quite specific on is shoes.
It might be best to wait for the list before buying shoes as they changed the recommended brands between 2020 starters and 2021 starters.
jazz_hands
BRIT Award

Post by jazz_hands »

Grace03 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:35 pm Last year Bird sent their uniform list at the start of the summer holidays I think.
It isn’t strict.
It might be best to wait for the list before buying shoes as they changed the recommended brands between 2020 starters and 2021 starters.
Thank you that’s great information :)
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Thanks Grace03, that’s really helpful ☺️
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

mrs_lovett wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:13 pm Hi, Does anyone know if Foundation students at GSA are able to go in halls? Thank you!
Yes my DD did her foundation year in halls, and is also in halls for her first year of the degree :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Grace03 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:35 pm Last year Bird sent their uniform list at the start of the summer holidays I think.
It isn’t strict.
If you don't know it's worth noting that once they have their offer letter they can get a discount at the local dance shop (Stage Door Sidcup) and they can also get discounts at So Dancia, Bloch and Capezzio in Central London
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Munchpot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:23 am
It isn’t strict.
If you don't know it's worth noting that once they have their offer letter they can get a discount at the local dance shop (Stage Door Sidcup) and they can also get discounts at So Dancia, Bloch and Capezzio in Central London
Ah that’s great munchpot, thanks very much
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

Harry2003 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:20 pm
mrs_lovett wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:13 pm Hi, Does anyone know if Foundation students at GSA are able to go in halls? Thank you!
I was watching a YT video a few weeks ago of a foundation drama student at GSA. She was in halls.
Thank you :)
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

MTDreams wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:55 pm
Yes my DD did her foundation year in halls, and is also in halls for her first year of the degree :D
Thank you that's really good to know- she has a recall and trying to work out if it's affordable- the cheapest halls are cheaper than a shared house!
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

lawn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:22 pm
Yes they are. We know someone who did.
Thank you lawn that is good to know :)
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

mrs_lovett wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:19 pm
Thank you that's really good to know- she has a recall and trying to work out if it's affordable- the cheapest halls are cheaper than a shared house!
Fab, good luck to your DD!! If she is successful and you have any questions, please feel free to DM me :D
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

MTDreams wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:13 pm

Fab, good luck to your DD!! If she is successful and you have any questions, please feel free to DM me :D
Thank you MTDreams, that would be amazing. If she's successful I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as she'll have to choose between this and the Conti one, which is funded!!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

mrs_lovett wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:15 pm
MTDreams wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:13 pm

Thank you MTDreams, that would be amazing. If she's successful I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as she'll have to choose between this and the Conti one, which is funded!!
No probs! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! x
stageybekah
Nominee

Post by stageybekah »

Hello! Just wondering if any has a kit list for GSA MT/AM? Either this year or last year? Unsure to rebuy things now while there cheaper and in stock, or wait it out. Or if anyone has a timetable for AM?

Alternatively, does anyone know if GSA do open days? AM offer has been accepted but due to covid they only got to see the building at their recalls so didn’t quite get a fell for the place or a chance to look around
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Daughter has been offered East fifteen foundation. She's an actor rather than MT. She's still got 1 or 2 other things to consider but will possibly be taking.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

stageybekah wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:44 pm Hello! Just wondering if any has a kit list for GSA MT/AM? Either this year or last year? Unsure to rebuy things now while there cheaper and in stock, or wait it out. Or if anyone has a timetable for AM?

Alternatively, does anyone know if GSA do open days? AM offer has been accepted but due to covid they only got to see the building at their recalls so didn’t quite get a fell for the place or a chance to look around
GSA open days are on at the same time as Surrey Uni have theirs. I think if you go on the website you can register for one. Not sure when the next ones are though. My DD does MT and the uniform is basically all black, nothing with big logos on. Apart from her dance wear, she generally wears black tracksuit bottoms and shorts, and black tank tops/vest tops/ gym wear. Not sure if AM have a slightly different kit list but I can see if my DD can send me hers if you like?