Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by LizzyBee »

Harry2003 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:09 pm
Charlie255 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:41 am My DD is on the reserve list for GSA. Just wondering if anyone gets offered a place from reserves or whether the chance is slim? Do they offer places as they go along? She went to one of the first recall days and no one got a place just two of them put onto the reserve list. She has a couple of offers elsewhere but is in a dilemma just in case GSA do come back with an offer. I naively didn’t realise at the beginning how stressful this would all be!!
Hi. Congratulations to your DD for getting on reserve list. That is no mean feat this year (I believe they were only looking for 8 girls this year). My DS has been offered a place and he has 3 friends from his college who were also offered places - 1 girl and 3 boys. He is on the group chat for those offered places and some on there are undecided as to take it or not because of funding at other institutions and waiting to hear from a couple of other colleges (Mountview only had finals on Friday so they will know next week if they have a place there). I would say there is a possibility of places still becoming available while final decisions are still being made. The other thing with GSA is results in August, some may not meet university entry requirements.
Hi @Harry2003, sorry for jumping on this thread @Charlie255, but just wondered which college your son and his 3 friends go to, as getting 4 offers for GSA is pretty amazing!

Also @Charlie255 what was it about MV that made her think it wasn't for her? Just gathering intel for re-applying next year!

Thanks both!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Pinkstargazer12 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:34 pm
Proseccoplease wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:00 pm Congratulations Pinkstargazer12’s DD! Bet she’s over the moon 😊
Thank you, she' s very happy and Conti suits her perfectly.
Any news for your son, DD showed me some fab pics from his Chicago production!
Ah thank you! It was a fab production. Long story short he is absolutely kicking himself for only applying for two MT degrees and leaving it so late. He has taken up the offer of Foundation at Arts Ed and will apply earlier and to more places next year! Been emotionally traumatising if I’m honest! He has NYMT this summer which has boosted his confidence as it really took a huge knock. But that’s the business I guess-huge highs and huge lows…just wish he’d chosen a History degree😆
So we’ll be back on the forum same time next year! Ho hum!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

LizzyBee wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:04 pm
Charlie255 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:41 am My DD is on the reserve list for GSA. Just wondering if anyone gets offered a place from reserves or whether the chance is slim? Do they offer places as they go along? She went to one of the first recall days and no one got a place just two of them put onto the reserve list. She has a couple of offers elsewhere but is in a dilemma just in case GSA do come back with an offer. I naively didn’t realise at the beginning how stressful this would all be!!
Hi. Congratulations to your DD for getting on reserve list. That is no mean feat this year (I believe they were only looking for 8 girls this year). My DS has been offered a place and he has 3 friends from his college who were also offered places - 1 girl and 3 boys. He is on the group chat for those offered places and some on there are undecided as to take it or not because of funding at other institutions and waiting to hear from a couple of other colleges (Mountview only had finals on Friday so they will know next week if they have a place there). I would say there is a possibility of places still becoming available while final decisions are still being made. The other thing with GSA is results in August, some may not meet university entry requirements.
Hi @Harry2003, sorry for jumping on this thread @Charlie255, but just wondered which college your son and his 3 friends go to, as getting 4 offers for GSA is pretty amazing!

Also @Charlie255 what was it about MV that made her think it wasn't for her? Just gathering intel for re-applying next year!

Thanks both!
My DS and his friends are doing extended BTECH at Emil Dale.
FiFiD
BRIT Award

Post by FiFiD »

Has anyone heard from Laines re: DaDAs now their auditions have finished?
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

](*,)
2good2hurry wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 am Just wondering if anyone is waiting for Conti recall results from W/C 11th April? DD had hers on 14th. Thanks :D
DD’s offer was two weeks exactly and it came through about 10pm.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Elle’smom wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:15 pm ](*,)
2good2hurry wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 am Just wondering if anyone is waiting for Conti recall results from W/C 11th April? DD had hers on 14th. Thanks :D
Thank you. We’ll keep an eye out. X
Pinkstargazer12
BRIT Award

Post by Pinkstargazer12 »

2good2hurry wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:02 pm
Elle’smom wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:15 pm ](*,)
Thank you. We’ll keep an eye out. X
My DD was also two weeks exactly, came through on email at 6.30am Her friend heard late the night before.
Fingers crossed for you, My DD can't wait to start.
Pinkstargazer12
BRIT Award

Post by Pinkstargazer12 »

Proseccoplease wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:09 pm
Proseccoplease wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:00 pm Congratulations Pinkstargazer12’s DD! Bet she’s over the moon 😊
Ah thank you! It was a fab production. Long story short he is absolutely kicking himself for only applying for two MT degrees and leaving it so late. He has taken up the offer of Foundation at Arts Ed and will apply earlier and to more places next year! Been emotionally traumatising if I’m honest! He has NYMT this summer which has boosted his confidence as it really took a huge knock. But that’s the business I guess-huge highs and huge lows…just wish he’d chosen a History degree😆
That does sound traumatic! I was on eggshells for about 3 months but fortunately DD got her offer in February so at least she can relax and concentrate on the dreaded A Levels. Well done to him on NYMT, that's a huge achievement and shows what a talent he is. Also huge to get into Arts Ed Foundation! He'll smash it next year!!
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

FiFiD wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:08 pm So she was very lucky to get 6 offers, but her top 3 are Laines, LSC (she got a scholarship) and Wilkes, she needs to hear from Laines before she decides on LSC. Everything just seems to take so long! 🤦‍♀️
Wow- that’s great! Well done to her!
We had another email from Laine yesterday, offering to tell us where on the list for Dadas Dd is…… could be interesting!!! 🥴
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Anyone know about ICMT? Not thinking degree as not funded but possibly 3 month intensive. Just wondered if anyone had a DC on a course there?
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Pinkstargazer12 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 am
Proseccoplease wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:09 pm
That does sound traumatic! I was on eggshells for about 3 months but fortunately DD got her offer in February so at least she can relax and concentrate on the dreaded A Levels. Well done to him on NYMT, that's a huge achievement and shows what a talent he is. Also huge to get into Arts Ed Foundation! He'll smash it next year!!
Awwww thank you :D Fingers crossed!
Redwire
Nominee

Post by Redwire »

Hi all - I know you’re all mostly MT over here, but just had to share - my son’s just had an offer from LIPA for their BA Acting (Screen) course! It’s his first year of applying and LIPA was the one he really wanted, so we can’t quite believe he’s got a place! 😄
Dancersmum1
Nominee

Post by Dancersmum1 »

Redwire wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:14 pm Hi all - I know you’re all mostly MT over here, but just had to share - my son’s just had an offer from LIPA for their BA Acting (Screen) course! It’s his first year of applying and LIPA was the one he really wanted, so we can’t quite believe he’s got a place! 😄
Fantastic news! Congrats to your DS 🥳
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Redwire wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:14 pm Hi all - I know you’re all mostly MT over here, but just had to share - my son’s just had an offer from LIPA for their BA Acting (Screen) course! It’s his first year of applying and LIPA was the one he really wanted, so we can’t quite believe he’s got a place! 😄
That’s fantastic news. Congratulations to him. It’s wonderful when our young people get their dream place.
Charlie255
Nominee

Post by Charlie255 »

Harry2003 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:17 pm
LizzyBee wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:04 pm

Thanks both!
My DS and his friends are doing extended BTECH at Emil Dale.
I’m not sure really, just didn’t feel the right fit for her.