Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by Elle’smom »

DD and I visited Woking yesterday to see the location of the new Conti site. My husband worked for the most infamous company in Woking for 21 years so we were delighted by the regeneration there.
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

FiFiD wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:21 pm Thankyou, yes got the same. Wish we had some timelines, as she has deadlines for her other 2 favourite colleges ! 🤦‍♀️
Ah I know, frustrating isn’t it? Where else is in the running for your Dd? ☺️
FiFiD
BRIT Award

Post by FiFiD »

So she was very lucky to get 6 offers, but her top 3 are Laines, LSC (she got a scholarship) and Wilkes, she needs to hear from Laines before she decides on LSC. Everything just seems to take so long! 🤦‍♀️
Pinkstargazer12
BRIT Award

Post by Pinkstargazer12 »

Elle’smom wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:46 pm DD and I visited Woking yesterday to see the location of the new Conti site. My husband worked for the most infamous company in Woking for 21 years so we were delighted by the regeneration there.
Good to hear :)
My daughter has also just accepted Conti Degree, she's very excited to start!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Congratulations Pinkstargazer12’s DD! Bet she’s over the moon 😊
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

Pinkstargazer12 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:57 pm
Elle’smom wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:46 pm DD and I visited Woking yesterday to see the location of the new Conti site. My husband worked for the most infamous company in Woking for 21 years so we were delighted by the regeneration there.
Congratulations, has she found the Facebook group, joining that is very useful.
It is worth knowing if you have not checked the Conti term dates that they are 5/9/22 to 27/7/23 as I am aware that some of the halls that are a possibility either don’t cover all this time or end up being a very expensive option due to needing a 49 week contract.
Charlie255
Nominee

Post by Charlie255 »

My DD is on the reserve list for GSA. Just wondering if anyone gets offered a place from reserves or whether the chance is slim? Do they offer places as they go along? She went to one of the first recall days and no one got a place just two of them put onto the reserve list. She has a couple of offers elsewhere but is in a dilemma just in case GSA do come back with an offer. I naively didn’t realise at the beginning how stressful this would all be!!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Charlie255 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:41 am My DD is on the reserve list for GSA. Just wondering if anyone gets offered a place from reserves or whether the chance is slim? Do they offer places as they go along? She went to one of the first recall days and no one got a place just two of them put onto the reserve list. She has a couple of offers elsewhere but is in a dilemma just in case GSA do come back with an offer. I naively didn’t realise at the beginning how stressful this would all be!!
Hi. Congratulations to your DD for getting on reserve list. That is no mean feat this year (I believe they were only looking for 8 girls this year). My DS has been offered a place and he has 3 friends from his college who were also offered places - 1 girl and 3 boys. He is on the group chat for those offered places and some on there are undecided as to take it or not because of funding at other institutions and waiting to hear from a couple of other colleges (Mountview only had finals on Friday so they will know next week if they have a place there). I would say there is a possibility of places still becoming available while final decisions are still being made. The other thing with GSA is results in August, some may not meet university entry requirements.
Charlie255
Nominee

Post by Charlie255 »

Harry2003 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:09 pm
Charlie255 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:41 am My DD is on the reserve list for GSA. Just wondering if anyone gets offered a place from reserves or whether the chance is slim? Do they offer places as they go along? She went to one of the first recall days and no one got a place just two of them put onto the reserve list. She has a couple of offers elsewhere but is in a dilemma just in case GSA do come back with an offer. I naively didn’t realise at the beginning how stressful this would all be!!
Hi. Congratulations to your DD for getting on reserve list. That is no mean feat this year (I believe they were only looking for 8 girls this year). My DS has been offered a place and he has 3 friends from his college who were also offered places - 1 girl and 3 boys. He is on the group chat for those offered places and some on there are undecided as to take it or not because of funding at other institutions and waiting to hear from a couple of other colleges (Mountview only had finals on Friday so they will know next week if they have a place there). I would say there is a possibility of places still becoming available while final decisions are still being made. The other thing with GSA is results in August, some may not meet university entry requirements.
Congratulations to your son and his friends, that’s amazing! That’s all really helpful info thank you! My DD was at MV recalls last week but has decided whatever the outcome it isn’t the place for her.
Pinkstargazer12
BRIT Award

Proseccoplease wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:00 pm Congratulations Pinkstargazer12’s DD! Bet she’s over the moon 😊
Thank you, she' s very happy and Conti suits her perfectly.
Any news for your son, DD showed me some fab pics from his Chicago production!
Pinkstargazer12
BRIT Award

Elle’smom wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:03 am
It is worth knowing if you have not checked the Conti term dates that they are 5/9/22 to 27/7/23 as I am aware that some of the halls that are a possibility either don’t cover all this time or end up being a very expensive option due to needing a 49 week contract.
Yes I believe she's on the snapchat and Insta groups. The year is super - long!! We have reserved accommodation in halls although I may be banckrupt by the end of the year, so expensive!
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

Pinkstargazer12 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:35 pm
Elle’smom wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:03 am

Yes I believe she's on the snapchat and Insta groups. The year is super - long!! We have reserved accommodation in halls although I may be banckrupt by the end of the year, so expensive!
It’s worth looking at finding a flat in Woking with someone in the year as we have found flat rent is less than halls and there are flats 5mins walk from Conti. My DD is sharing with another on the degree.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Just wondering if anyone is waiting for Conti recall results from W/C 11th April? DD had hers on 14th. Thanks :D
Wispa
Nominee

Post by Wispa »

2good2hurry wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 am Just wondering if anyone is waiting for Conti recall results from W/C 11th April? DD had hers on 14th. Thanks :D
DD went on the 13th April but we haven’t heard anything yet .
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

Mine waiting too but she thinks it could be 2-3 weeks? Don't know where she read that and not sure they always stick to the guide time anyway so who knows? They have probably been on a break since the recalls I would imagine as well so it might be a while.