Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by Harry2003 »

FiFiD wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:29 am How long does the morning session last? My DD still has hers to go and I’m meeting her after, she’s convinced she’ll be cut then! She’s basing this on her friend’s experiences there, who know what they want! 🤷‍♀️
I’m not sure how long, DS went on his own and he wouldn’t have been aware of time 🤣🤣. They do morning then have lunch and and then they are told who’s going through. He was finished and out by 3.30. Good luck to your DD, I hope she enjoys her day.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Harry2003 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:05 am
Proseccoplease wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:32 am Hmmm interesting-DS’ friends definitely had the day where there was a cut at lunchtime then 6 kept for interview. Did they all stay all day or was there a still a cut at lunchtime? Odd they haven’t all had same format.
Yes they had a cut at lunchtime and 3 were invited to the afternoon recall. They did dance and song in the morning. Just the afternoon seemed different to what I was expecting.
Hi Harry

Was it just Legit in the morning with the dance call or contemporary too? Many thanks.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

2good2hurry wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:18 am
Proseccoplease wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:32 am Hmmm interesting-DS’ friends definitely had the day where there was a cut at lunchtime then 6 kept for interview. Did they all stay all day or was there a still a cut at lunchtime? Odd they haven’t all had same format.
Yes they had a cut at lunchtime and 3 were invited to the afternoon recall. They did dance and song in the morning. Just the afternoon seemed different to what I was expecting.
Hi Harry

Was it just Legit in the morning with the dance call or contemporary too? Many thanks.
Yes. He just did his legit song in the morning.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Awesome, thanks
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

FiFiD wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:29 am How long does the morning session last? My DD still has hers to go and I’m meeting her after, she’s convinced she’ll be cut then! She’s basing this on her friend’s experiences there, who know what they want! 🤷‍♀️
So-have been waiting for DS to ring and he’s through to afternoon of Arts audition-he rang at 1 so think that’s when you’ll hear. It’s all terrifying!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Proseccoplease wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:14 pm
So-have been waiting for DS to ring and he’s through to afternoon of Arts audition-he rang at 1 so think that’s when you’ll hear. It’s all terrifying!
Fabulous! Good luck to him for this afternoon. I can’t sleep at moment what with results pending for his 2 favourites - arts and GSA!
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Harry2003 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:27 pm
2good2hurry wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:18 am

Hi Harry

Yes. He just did his legit song in the morning.

Do they not want the 1m cuts of both songs in an any more then? Did he do his full legit or just a 1m cut? Cheers!!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Harry2003 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:29 pm
Proseccoplease wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:14 pm
Fabulous! Good luck to him for this afternoon. I can’t sleep at moment what with results pending for his 2 favourites - arts and GSA!
I felt so sick waiting to hear! He seriously regrets not auditioning for GSA-maybe next year…😆
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Congratulations to DS to getting to the afternoon. Hope things go his way
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Yes. 1min cut song.
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Harry2003 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:12 am It seems that Arts Ed have changed their recall part of the audition recently from what I had understood it to be. As I understood it, the recall consisted of a carousel type affair where the candidates did a session each on monologues, songs, physical check and interview.

DS had quite a different experience where they seemed to have an extended dance call in the morning then the afternoon just consisted of monologues and songs. He was then told he would be emailed if he was to be recalled for interview. He got an email yesterday (6 days later) and has a zoom interview today. It seems a more sensible way to do it, I just wondered if that’s been everyone’s experience this year or whether an unusual situation arose at DS audition day.
I think there must have been an unusual situation as you say-DS had interview at end of afternoon. Maybe someone was ill? Hope zoom went well!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Proseccoplease wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:24 pm
Harry2003 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:12 am It seems that Arts Ed have changed their recall part of the audition recently from what I had understood it to be. As I understood it, the recall consisted of a carousel type affair where the candidates did a session each on monologues, songs, physical check and interview.

DS had quite a different experience where they seemed to have an extended dance call in the morning then the afternoon just consisted of monologues and songs. He was then told he would be emailed if he was to be recalled for interview. He got an email yesterday (6 days later) and has a zoom interview today. It seems a more sensible way to do it, I just wondered if that’s been everyone’s experience this year or whether an unusual situation arose at DS audition day.
I think there must have been an unusual situation as you say-DS had interview at end of afternoon. Maybe someone was ill? Hope zoom went well!
He just got an offer of a place at Atts Ed - interview this morning acceptance email just now!!! I will be able to sleep tonight!!!! Fingers crossed for your DS.
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Woooooohoooo! Congratulations! You must be so so proud😊
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

That's great news Harry2003! Well done to him!
DD said she knows four lads offered places today - including our young lodger from last year. It's a great place for serious training. DD still feels so privileged to be there.
Good luck to everyone else still auditioning or waiting on results for whatever colleges they've set their heart on. Nail-biting times!
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Harry2003 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:26 pm
Proseccoplease wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:24 pm

He just got an offer of a place at Atts Ed - interview this morning acceptance email just now!!! I will be able to sleep tonight!!!! Fingers crossed for your DS.
Absolutely fantastic! Well done :D