Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by Proseccoplease »

LizzyBee wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:50 pm
Harry2003 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:48 pm Losing the will with Arts Ed! Just had an email of cancelled audition tomorrow due to tube strike. DS already on train, money lost, too late to cancel hotel and this is the 3rd reschedule now - original audition booked for beginning of December! They have dropped right to the bottom of my list!
Was this for 1 March? We were due to audition then but cancelled due to illness and got a new date for April.Do you know if they make offers as they go along? Bit concerned about waiting almost another 7 weeks!
Yes they offer as they go-Acting courses seem to hold off on final offers a little longer but then I guess they have rather less places to offer!
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

Pinkstargazer12 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:27 pm
LizzyBee wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:53 pm Trinity Laban recalls? We did first round a week ago. Anyone heard anything? Does anyone know what they do at recalls normally?
Do they definitely do recalls at Trinity Laban? My daughter went for the self tape option but I find it hard to believe she stands a chance against those that auditioned in person. They advised her in submission that she would hear by 12th March if that helps?
Well, not sure they will have seen enough to go straight to offers if my DS audition was anything to go by. Very busy, rushed, no questions, just one song presented so recorded was probably a good option. In UCAS it does have a space to add a second date against TL so think maybe they do
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

LizzyBee wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:50 pm
Harry2003 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:48 pm Losing the will with Arts Ed! Just had an email of cancelled audition tomorrow due to tube strike. DS already on train, money lost, too late to cancel hotel and this is the 3rd reschedule now - original audition booked for beginning of December! They have dropped right to the bottom of my list!
Was this for 1 March? We were due to audition then but cancelled due to illness and got a new date for April.Do you know if they make offers as they go along? Bit concerned about waiting almost another 7 weeks!
Yes, it was for 1 March. Trying not to get frustrated as there is absolutely nothing that can be done. What will be will be, it may play into our hands re deposits as it’s closer to other recall auditions and if we are lucky enough to get multiple offers we can make a fully informed choice. I will be very glad when this stage is completed.
FiFiD
BRIT Award

Post by FiFiD »

Does the Arts audition process still work as a cut as they go system on the day? I’m dreading it, and won’t go too far as feel she could be in and out very quickly.
I like the idea of not waiting weeks for a response, but it’s hard as such a small intake and no idea what they like?! Anyone already done it?
jazz_hands
BRIT Award

Post by jazz_hands »

FiFiD wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:56 pm Does the Arts audition process still work as a cut as they go system on the day? I’m dreading it, and won’t go too far as feel she could be in and out very quickly.
I like the idea of not waiting weeks for a response, but it’s hard as such a small intake and no idea what they like?! Anyone already done it?
We have ours soon too, not sure what to expect. If you make it to the end of the day does anyone know how long after that it takes to hear the news?
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

DS has yet to do his but from what I’ve heard it’s a cut at lunchtime then after the afternoon session you might stay for an interview. Results seem to be about two weeks after that. Hope that helps! And yes sounds terrifying!
jazz_hands
BRIT Award

Post by jazz_hands »

Proseccoplease wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:06 pm DS has yet to do his but from what I’ve heard it’s a cut at lunchtime then after the afternoon session you might stay for an interview. Results seem to be about two weeks after that. Hope that helps! And yes sounds terrifying!
Thank you! Yes they all are pretty terrifying! I’ll be glad when it’s all over 😅
FiFiD
BRIT Award

Post by FiFiD »

Ok thanks…. and the million dollar question, anyone know what they are after this year? All we’ve heard is they like older, is this true?? My DD will be 18 and looks young 🤦‍♀️
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

DS has a few friends with offers-all 18! Good luck to them all…I don’t know how they do it…😩
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

FiFiD wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:19 pm Ok thanks…. and the million dollar question, anyone know what they are after this year? All we’ve heard is they like older, is this true?? My DD will be 18 and looks young 🤦‍♀️
My DD auditioned during half term. A cut at 1pm then again at about 5 with just a few recalled for interview. She received an email after 10 days offering her a place. She is still 17, not 18 until August so I wouldn’t worry about the age.
FiFiD
BRIT Award

Post by FiFiD »

That’s amazing, congratulations to your DD❤️ What sort of performer is she, is she more of actor, singer or dancer?
I believe they have a very small intake so that’s an incredible achievement.
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

go for it wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:58 pm
FiFiD wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:19 pm Ok thanks…. and the million dollar question, anyone know what they are after this year? All we’ve heard is they like older, is this true?? My DD will be 18 and looks young 🤦‍♀️
My DD auditioned during half term. A cut at 1pm then again at about 5 with just a few recalled for interview. She received an email after 10 days offering her a place. She is still 17, not 18 until August so I wouldn’t worry about the age.
Congratulations! That’s a huge achievement for your dd! Is she taking it? As a bonus Chiswick is lovely 😊
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Regarding ArtsEd - DD is in her first year at ArtsEd and she says in her view everyone is a good singer/actor - good technique - and can take direction. But they are all shapes and sizes, all ethnicities, all ages and include some very strong and versatile dancers. At 18 she is one of the youngest - the oldest is 26 she thinks and some have auditioned a couple of times to get in. No one has worked out what the panel are looking for - but she's in awe of everyone! She doesn't know but wonders if those years of ballet and her legit singing helped her get a place...plus auditioning early! She'll never know!
The auditions did go ahead on March 1st - four of DD's EDA friends auditioned that day - but they got curtailed on the day due to a power cut!
DD says she is sure there is now an early cut after the initial song and dance section - another cut after first recall - then interviews - so three parts rather than two? Also some students are further recalled to come back and sing again a few weeks later. Only a few places have been offered so far.
No idea if that helps at all (probably not!) I think you just have to try to enjoy the experience - and if you're going along as a parent enjoy wandering around Chiswick. Hope you all hear soon! Good luck to everyone! It's an amazing place to train.
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

amo185 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:24 pm Regarding ArtsEd - DD is in her first year at ArtsEd and she says in her view everyone is a good singer/actor - good technique - and can take direction. But they are all shapes and sizes, all ethnicities, all ages and include some very strong and versatile dancers. At 18 she is one of the youngest - the oldest is 26 she thinks and some have auditioned a couple of times to get in. No one has worked out what the panel are looking for - but she's in awe of everyone! She doesn't know but wonders if those years of ballet and her legit singing helped her get a place...plus auditioning early! She'll never know!
The auditions did go ahead on March 1st - four of DD's EDA friends auditioned that day - but they got curtailed on the day due to a power cut!
DD says she is sure there is now an early cut after the initial song and dance section - another cut after first recall - then interviews - so three parts rather than two? Also some students are further recalled to come back and sing again a few weeks later. Only a few places have been offered so far.
No idea if that helps at all (probably not!) I think you just have to try to enjoy the experience - and if you're going along as a parent enjoy wandering around Chiswick. Hope you all hear soon! Good luck to everyone! It's an amazing place to train.
Interesting insights, thanks for sharing. How many are in your DD’s year?
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

LizzyBee - there are 55 now - slightly more girls than boys. In her set there are 8 boys and 10 girls; similar numbers in the other two sets.