Recall for major film

Auditions for the 16-20 year old age group. Be aware that until June of the school year in which you turn 16 you will still need a licence.

Moderator: busybusybusy

tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Recall for major film

Post by tracyelwell »

My daughter recently auditioned for a lead role in a huge film, we hear back from her agency to say that they like to check her availability between now and end of august ready for a callback.

How long does it take to hear about your callback, its been a week?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Recall for major film

Post by ACookie »

Unfortunately there is no set time limit... Sometimes you will hear within a few days, other times you may get an availability check but not actually be asked to do a recall at all. Sometimes these kind of auditions come in waves though and they can recall one lot, and then do another group at a later date because either they haven't quite seen what they want or because they have slightly changed their brief etc.
Of course they may just be focusing on a different role currently and you'll hear when they are ready?!
So many variables it's impossible to say!
So you could still hear but unfortunately there is no telling unless you can ask your agent to follow up. 2 weeks is my rule of thumb... If you haven't heard anything move on and forget about it.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

tracyelwell wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 pm My daughter recently auditioned for a lead role in a huge film, we hear back from her agency to say that they like to check her availability between now and end of august ready for a callback.

Personally, I would check with the agent. I hope you don’t mind me asking, how long after submitting have they contacted you to check availability. My dd also sent a self recording for what I’m guessing is the same film - we haven’t heard anything.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Many projects start with a look at known actors. Often they then go out to open calls either through agents or advertised open calls. This process can take many weeks. Sometimes they change the brief, sometimes they need studio approval there are so many variables. It is not uncommon for weeks even months before they get round to the next stage. The longest we waited between first meeting and then recalls to start was around 3/4 months (a film) and then the process still took a couple more months after that including chemistry reads and screen tests. The secret is to forget about it and then if it comes back enjoy the ride. If you are making plans for later in the year then maybe the agent can put in a call to see if they are still considering your child or if you are self representing you can send an email. Casting directors if they are not too busy will respond but if you chase and bother them they tend to get annoyed. They are also at the mercy of the studios/production companies.
Hope Never Dies....
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Ditzi wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:46 pm
tracyelwell wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 pm My daughter recently auditioned for a lead role in a huge film, we hear back from her agency to say that they like to check her availability between now and end of august ready for a callback.

Personally, I would check with the agent. I hope you don’t mind me asking, how long after submitting have they contacted you to check availability. My dd also sent a self-recording for what I’m guessing is the same film - we haven’t heard anything.
A bit late with a response but we heard within 72 hours and then she went down to the final 2 and they offered it to the other girl. But the girl who got the part is double of the original girl so the choice was right.

But it was a great experience and always nice when a Company of that size is interested in you. I guess it was the sequel of a 'Disney' film your daughter auditioned for.