Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancecrazy »

Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:21 pm My daughter got into Bird! X
That’s wonderful news .Congratulations to your dd. What a great start to the weekend!!
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Dancermum70 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:31 pm
Congratulations =D> was she on the foundation course at Bird.
Yes she was. She’s so happy now. Now just waiting on DADA, We have the income assessment form to do but I don’t think that’s an offer yet x
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Dancecrazy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 pm
That’s wonderful news .Congratulations to your dd. What a great start to the weekend!!
And it’s her 17th Birthday today! X
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:21 pm
Dancecrazy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 pm
And it’s her 17th Birthday today! X
That's great news! And happy birthday to your dd!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Possibly the best Birthday present ever, congrats and Happy Birthday 🎁🎂🎉🎈xxx
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Congratulations! At least the wait is over x
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Does anyone know how long it takes after sending your initial income form to Bird to being offered a DADA? I hate the waiting part of it and just want to know if it’s going to be a yes or no 😫
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Katyben wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:22 pm Does anyone know how long it takes after sending your initial income form to Bird to being offered a DADA? I hate the waiting part of it and just want to know if it’s going to be a yes or no 😫
Last year we got the offer in November then got forms sent to fill in in May. Heard nothing after that, not a great system. But hopefully you get good news soon 👍🤞
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

becmum wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:27 pm
Katyben wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:22 pm Does anyone know how long it takes after sending your initial income form to Bird to being offered a DADA? I hate the waiting part of it and just want to know if it’s going to be a yes or no 😫
Last year we got the offer in November then got forms sent to fill in in May. Heard nothing after that, not a great system. But hopefully you get good news soon 👍🤞
So is your daughter starting in September with funding?
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Katyben wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:29 pm
becmum wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:27 pm
So is your daughter starting in September with funding?
No, this was last year’s auditions (previous year) we got an email in the August asking for our term time address for when she was due to start in the September as she was as the only one they hadn’t received, I told them we hadn’t heard anything since we submitted funding forms . I emailed back to ask why they were required thus as we hadn’t had confirmation of the dada and they said had sent it in error. Was quite cross really as it dragged on so long and we never got an answer either way.
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

So they sent it in error even though there are no Dadas for foundation courses ?
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Tess50 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:57 pm So they sent it in error even though there are no Dadas for foundation courses ?
No she got a diploma offer a week after her audition, went on reserve list for funding. So could accept fee paying place or wait to see if got funding. Was told she had a good score and so waited to hear. Got forms for dada sent so filled in sent back. Then heard nothing at all until August with the email asking for her address for when she starts diploma. So was completely baffled! They said she was the only one who hadn’t sent it to them. Said we hadn’t got confirmation of her place or funding then they emailed me to say sorry they had sent the email in error. Heard nothing else. I followed it up at a later date and they said they had her down as declining her place! I realise that they have hundreds to deal with but at no stage did we decline the place...
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

OMG what a mess - sorry I misread thought it was foundation - that must have been very frustrating - gosh knows how it will work this year with so much going on
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

:idea:
becmum wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:35 pm
Tess50 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:57 pm So they sent it in error even though there are no Dadas for foundation courses ?
No she got a diploma offer a week after her audition, went on reserve list for funding. So could accept fee paying place or wait to see if got funding. Was told she had a good score and so waited to hear. Got forms for dada sent so filled in sent back. Then heard nothing at all until August with the email asking for her address for when she starts diploma. So was completely baffled! They said she was the only one who hadn’t sent it to them. Said we hadn’t got confirmation of her place or funding then they emailed me to say sorry they had sent the email in error. Heard nothing else. I followed it up at a later date and they said they had her down as declining her place! I realise that they have hundreds to deal with but at no stage did we decline the place...
That’s awful . Why happened in the end ? Did she get a place ?
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Dancecrazy wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:43 pm :idea:
becmum wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:35 pm
That’s awful . Why happened in the end ? Did she get a place ?
She took up a foundation year at Laine