Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Tess50
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Tess50 »

I know a few have heard from a couple of colleges - where are you waiting to hear from ?
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Tess50 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:26 pm I know a few have heard from a couple of colleges - where are you waiting to hear from ?
Bird, Laine and Arts Ed for MT course
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

We’re waiting to hear from Arts Ed too. Tape was sent in on 29th April 8-[
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Dancecrazy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm We’re waiting to hear from Arts Ed too. Tape was sent in on 29th April 8-[
Yes same for us. Doesn’t it feel like a long wait?
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

It sure does . My dd has several other offers but really wants to go to Arts Ed . Or should I say , she has it in her head that this is the place for her even though she’s never been there .
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Bird is usually the longest - it wasn't any of those that moved - hope you hear soon - the waiting is terrible - Laine seem to be quite bad this year getting back to people even with queries.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I know of two successful Laine auditonees who got offered a DADA this week, by phone, one offered reserve at GSA.
That's the only offers I have heard of this week.
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Dancecrazy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:20 pm It sure does . My dd has several other offers but really wants to go to Arts Ed . Or should I say , she has it in her head that this is the place for her even though she’s never been there .
My dd is exactly the same. She has an offer from another college but Arts has always been her dream. I went there a long time ago and it was the best school then!
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Tess50 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:41 pm Bird is usually the longest - it wasn't any of those that moved - hope you hear soon - the waiting is terrible - Laine seem to be quite bad this year getting back to people even with queries.
I’ve emailed all three colleges with queries but not had any response from any
Dancedancedance18
Nominee

Post by Dancedancedance18 »

Hiya all! My dd is in a bit of a dilemma at the moment being on the reserve list for Bird and Performers (Bird is her 1st choice school but also loves performers college). She also has been offered a degree at The Brighton Academy, the teachers and patrons here are amazing although perhaps we are worried ,as it's a new school, it doesn't have the same reputation as Bird and performers have. TBA have asked for a £500 fee to secure her place.... however is it silly to pay £500 to a school she is hoping she wont go to as she's really hoping for a place off her reserve lists.

Does anyone have any info of movement or the procedures of the reserve lists for Bird or Performers college.....
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Dancedancedance18 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:38 pm Hiya all! My dd is in a bit of a dilemma at the moment being on the reserve list for Bird and Performers (Bird is her 1st choice school but also loves performers college). She also has been offered a degree at The Brighton Academy, the teachers and patrons here are amazing although perhaps we are worried ,as it's a new school, it doesn't have the same reputation as Bird and performers have. TBA have asked for a £500 fee to secure her place.... however is it silly to pay £500 to a school she is hoping she wont go to as she's really hoping for a place off her reserve lists.

Does anyone have any info of movement or the procedures of the reserve lists for Bird or Performers college.....
My DD is on the bird reserve list. I emailed a couple of weeks back and y said to contact them again mid june and they could say whether she was top, middle or bottom of the list. They couldnt give any more indication as still dishing out places from the video auditions. I guess you could always try and explain how urgent it is and see if y would be any more forthcoming.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Dancedancedance18 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:38 pm Hiya all! My dd is in a bit of a dilemma at the moment being on the reserve list for Bird and Performers (Bird is her 1st choice school but also loves performers college). She also has been offered a degree at The Brighton Academy, the teachers and patrons here are amazing although perhaps we are worried ,as it's a new school, it doesn't have the same reputation as Bird and performers have. TBA have asked for a £500 fee to secure her place.... however is it silly to pay £500 to a school she is hoping she wont go to as she's really hoping for a place off her reserve lists.

Unfortunately this is the world of these colleges, there are so many gambles to make and it all costs money. Performers reserve list has started to move as dd has friends who have been offered places from it but how fast I don’t know, Bird reserve list won’t start to move until the end of June I would say so it might be a case of having to pay the TBA deposit and risk losing it. So infuriating as most of us can’t afford to lose that money but you don’t want to risk losing her place there to then not get offered from the reserve list elsewhere. Only thing I would suggest is contacting Performers as they should be able to tell you now where your daughter is on the list, Bird you will have to wait a good while yet before they’ll tell you. A friend had paid her deposit for London Studio Centre a few years ago and then mid-Aug she was offered a place from Bird so they took it, lost £1000 but in the long run they knew it was the right thing to do, just something you have to weigh up personally unfortunately.
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

My dd has had a phone call today offering her a place at Laine. Wonderful news, we are just waiting on Bird and Arts Ed now to hear back from , Sarah Carroll said unfortunately they had no more scholarships to offer 🤞
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

Red wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 pm My dd has had a phone call today offering her a place at Laine. Wonderful news, we are just waiting on Bird and Arts Ed now to hear back from , Sarah Carroll said unfortunately they had no more scholarships to offer 🤞
Brilliant news. x
Last edited by LineyK68 on Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Red wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 pm My dd has had a phone call today offering her a place at Laine. Wonderful news, we are just waiting on Bird and Arts Ed now to hear back from , Sarah Carroll said unfortunately they had no more scholarships to offer 🤞
Fantastic news!