Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Also just heard bird waiting list has started to move as a friends daughter has been offered a place. Anyone heard anything?
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

I so wish there was a like facility on this forum.

My dd is in her 2nd year at Bird but I still like to follow the threads lol :D

Her male friend who is just finishing a levels has been offered a place at Mountview. So chuffed for him =D> =D>
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm Also just heard bird waiting list has started to move as a friends daughter has been offered a place. Anyone heard anything?
Oh false alarm. No idea why she was offered so long after her audition but seems it wont start moving until at least June
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:27 am Apologies to anyone who sent me a pm . I tried replying but replies still seem to be in the outbox
It was me! My message to you was in my outbox for aaaages but has now sent so I guess I will get your reply eventually! (Excitement in lockdown knows no bounds!)
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Duncemum wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 pm
Mammamia wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:27 am Apologies to anyone who sent me a pm . I tried replying but replies still seem to be in the outbox
It was me! My message to you was in my outbox for aaaages but has now sent so I guess I will get your reply eventually! (Excitement in lockdown knows no bounds!)
Messages seem to show as in outbox until they've been read by the recipient, then move to sent. Confusing as it's not like any other messaging system
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:53 pm Ah so dd just had an email withdrawing her offer of diploma from Bodyworks. Not going to run it for new first years.
Ahh that's rubbish for your dd. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there will be other good news for her.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:30 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:53 pm Ah so dd just had an email withdrawing her offer of diploma from Bodyworks. Not going to run it for new first years.
Ahh that's rubbish for your dd. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there will be other good news for her.
Thank you. And hope so. Waiting on laine funding now. But not hopeful if I'm honest. 😬😬😬
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Thank you. And hope so. Waiting on laine funding now. But not hopeful if I'm honest. 😬😬😬
Sorry about the disappointment, I really hope things works out for your daughter with Laine. My dd is still waiting to hear back from her video recall with GSA and is on reserve for Arts Ed but probably not high enough on the list to get a place also reserve at EDA. Probably looking at a third go at the audition process...! She is being very philosophical about it and that's good, it's the old it's a marathon not a sprint expression isn't it!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

hewood wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Sorry about the disappointment, I really hope things works out for your daughter with Laine. My dd is still waiting to hear back from her video recall with GSA and is on reserve for Arts Ed but probably not high enough on the list to get a place also reserve at EDA. Probably looking at a third go at the audition process...! She is being very philosophical about it and that's good, it's the old it's a marathon not a sprint expression isn't it!
Oh bless her. I guess if she is determined to give it a 3rd go then it's a sure sign hat his is what she really wants. Fingers crossed something comes from the reserve lists. 💖
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Oh bless her. I guess if she is determined to give it a 3rd go then it's a sure sign hat his is what she really wants. Fingers crossed something comes from the reserve lists. 💖
Yes fingers crossed - let's try and stay hopeful :D
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

hewood wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes fingers crossed - let's try and stay hopeful :D
Yeah. It's all we can do! 😘
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Will keep everything crossed for your DD. This is our second year not sure I could face a third. But being determined is part and parcel of this journey so I wish her all the best 👍. I sometimes think it’s the ones who don’t have the easiest ride that often will be the most successful as they will be more hungry for it to, good luck 🍀x
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

becmum wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:37 am

Will keep everything crossed for your DD. This is our second year not sure I could face a third. But being determined is part and parcel of this journey so I wish her all the best 👍. I sometimes think it’s the ones who don’t have the easiest ride that often will be the most successful as they will be more hungry for it to, good luck 🍀x
Thank you :-) I suppose this is the sort of uncertainty they would face when they are working, may as well get used to it now! I have to admit I thought it wouldn't be as tough as it has been, but I was in cloud cuckoo, there's so much talent out there!!! x
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Hi all, just wondering about a Dada - my daughter got accepted into Laine, Bird, Performers, London Studio Centre and last week got a Dada for Performers - she's just turned 17 and Laine was probably her favourite but only some have heard about the Dada's there - I'm just wondering if I accepted the Dada for Performers and she did in fact then get one for Laine is that a problem. I would prefer to know from Laine but they have just said the process is very long and frustrating and I'll know when they know so I'm in a dilemma as I would rather accept or turn down Performers now rather than hold on and wait weeks for Laine - she'd prefer Laine but more than happy with Performers ? Thanks for advice
Freya2000
Nominee

Post by Freya2000 »

Has anyone heard back from bird or wilkes about their video audition, my dd submitted hers 3 weeks ago and still no news?