Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

go for it
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by go for it »

Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:47 pm Thanks goforit-lots to think about-I’ll pm you later if that’s ok! :D
Yes sure, that's fine.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:18 am
jasmine2 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 pm Anyone have a dd or ds going to or auditioning for Bodyworks?
My dd is going next Thursday
How did the audition go?
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

jasmine2 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:06 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:18 am
jasmine2 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 pm Anyone have a dd or ds going to or auditioning for Bodyworks?
My dd is going next Thursday
How did the audition go?
I have sent you a pm
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

dancingdreams wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:11 am My daughter has almost finished auditioning and we’re thrilled with the outcome! We went into the process hoping just for something somewhere but she has been offered degree at Wilkes, MT diploma at Conti Barbican, diploma at Tiffany’s and pre-voc at Performers. She also has a recall for LIPA Dance at the end of March. She’s turned down Performers and Tiffany’s and at the moment is fairly set on Wilkes as this was where she loved most out of everywhere. She also loved LIPA so if she manages to get a place she’ll be deciding between LIPA and Wilkes. Does anyone have any experience of either school or any suggestions (also about Conti as this isn’t completely ruled out yet!)??
This is a totally random question, but did your dd receive her Wilkes offer through the post and if so, was it a letter or a box? My dd is doing Performers Pre-Voc but her Wilkes post is coming here to home. She doesn’t want me to know before her but someone has told her that a no comes as a letter and a yes is a black box. Like I said, random! It is just something we are having a laugh about but also don’t want a letter to turn up and me think it’s a no until I can get hold of her.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:28 pm
dancingdreams wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:11 am My daughter has almost finished auditioning and we’re thrilled with the outcome! We went into the process hoping just for something somewhere but she has been offered degree at Wilkes, MT diploma at Conti Barbican, diploma at Tiffany’s and pre-voc at Performers. She also has a recall for LIPA Dance at the end of March. She’s turned down Performers and Tiffany’s and at the moment is fairly set on Wilkes as this was where she loved most out of everywhere. She also loved LIPA so if she manages to get a place she’ll be deciding between LIPA and Wilkes. Does anyone have any experience of either school or any suggestions (also about Conti as this isn’t completely ruled out yet!)??
This is a totally random question, but did your dd receive her Wilkes offer through the post and if so, was it a letter or a box? My dd is doing Performers Pre-Voc but her Wilkes post is coming here to home. She doesn’t want me to know before her but someone has told her that a no comes as a letter and a yes is a black box. Like I said, random! It is just something we are having a laugh about but also don’t want a letter to turn up and me think it’s a no until I can get hold of her.
I thought emil dale send a black box but I may be wrong!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:41 pm
Maybe that’s where she’s got it from then, someone told her it was Wilkes and they do send their letters out in handwritten black envelopes. She SO doesn’t want me to know before she does, which is fair enough bless her, she’s the one who has worked her butt off for it.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Awwwh my dd just blanks it all out. I can tell her if there is a letter but that's all. Its the hardest thing all this waiting!
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Maybe that’s where she’s got it from then, someone told her it was Wilkes and they do send their letters out in handwritten black envelopes. She SO doesn’t want me to know before she does, which is fair enough bless her, she’s the one who has worked her butt off for it.
My dd’s offer came in a black envelope and was just a letter! Only one sheet of paper telling you how to accept the place and offering congratulations etc. I’ve heard that Emil Dale send out a box so may be confusion!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Thanks everyone, dd is now happy in the knowledge that I will be none the wiser until I facetime her and open the letter in front of her showing it to her first. Honestly, lol x

Oh and congrats to your dd on her place at Wilkes, mine LOVED it there, hence why she is so anxious to get her letter x
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Jubb wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:55 am My daughter had audition for Italia conti on 18th Feb still not heard , anyone know how long they are taking to get back , also will they email come directly Italia conti ?
All the best to your dd. My daughter has one in a few weeks . I was checking the Guildford location on google maps and the building wasn’t what I expected . A shop front with what looks like a poorly maintained flat upstairs . Is this the permanent location ?
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

I know there has been a post before on here about hotels near Arts Ed but can't seem to find it. Any recommendations? Also any info on how Arts Ed auditions have been?
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm I know there has been a post before on here about hotels near Arts Ed but can't seem to find it. Any recommendations? Also any info on how Arts Ed auditions have been?
There is a small hotel opposite Artsed a little further up not sure how good it is. I think its called the Chiswick Court Hotel. Alternatively there is a premier Inn and the Clayton Hotel Chiswick.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

I really really am fed up of waiting now. ](*,)
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

go for it wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:53 pm
jazzhandsmand wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm I know there has been a post before on here about hotels near Arts Ed but can't seem to find it. Any recommendations? Also any info on how Arts Ed auditions have been?
There is a small hotel opposite Artsed a little further up not sure how good it is. I think its called the Chiswick Court Hotel. Alternatively there is a premier Inn and the Clayton Hotel Chiswick.
Thanks. I saw the Chiswick Court Hotel but tbh it hasn't got very good reviews so might try the others.
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:36 pm I really really am fed up of waiting now. ](*,)
It's horrible isn't it...... not knowing what's going to be happening in September :shock: