Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm Mine is in 2nd year at EDA . Loves the teachers and teaching there. They have been fantastic in preparing them for the next stage. Although totally what we didn't want to do- pay for 6th form or have her leave home at 16. She is with a great host who will be taking students in for 2020. I highly recommend it.

With ref to £350 deposit at ArtsEd it is refundable up to 4 weeks before the start of term,perhaps I wasn't clear about that.
Oh that's good! At least you have lots more time to decide then x
2littledancers
BRIT Award

Post by 2littledancers »

MTDreams wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 am
lotsolaffs wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:25 pm Thank you all. I can't believe it has all come around so quickly, she is very well prepared and very much enjoyed the audition. She is looking forward to the next few and who knows what is required by each place. Anyone else got any coming up soon?
My DD has got her first audition in 8 days at Emil Dale. Anyone else auditioning there?
My Dd auditioned for Emil Dale 6th form on the 1st audition day , she really liked the atmosphere and the ethos of the school and said it had a great feel to it . She was in a fortunate position of having others officers and in the end chose Urdang 6th form but was very impressed with EDA . It was a strong contender , but her logistics and her dream in the end took over . Good luck to all with auditions coming up .
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Can’t recommend EDA enough!
Really never wanted to be letting my son go off at just gone 16 but I can’t tell you how pleased we are that the decision was made.
What a 6th form!
Fantastic!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Thats great feedback for Emil Dale :D Really looking forward to next week!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

lotsolaffs wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm Mine is in 2nd year at EDA . Loves the teachers and teaching there. They have been fantastic in preparing them for the next stage. Although totally what we didn't want to do- pay for 6th form or have her leave home at 16. She is with a great host who will be taking students in for 2020. I highly recommend it.

With ref to £350 deposit at ArtsEd it is refundable up to 4 weeks before the start of term,perhaps I wasn't clear about that.
Oh good. As long as you can change your mind :D
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Have to add my wholehearted praise for Emil Dale 6th Form - it beats everywhere in my opinion. DD was offered Arts Ed too but we are so glad we remained reasonably local. DD has friends on other courses and none compares in terms of hours, standard and expectations - although everyone seems to be enjoying wherever they are at. DD is in her first year and just had assessment results- 16 areas assessed initially. The ethos and work ethic is excellent and we've just about got used to her arriving there at 7:30am and not finishing until 6pm. Also EDA 6th Form was very much praised at the CDMT conference - highly regarded by Mountview, Laine and Arts Ed amongst others as they produce students with a good attitude as well as talent. I felt very proud that DD goes there. So do give it serious consideration! :D
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

amo185 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 pm Have to add my wholehearted praise for Emil Dale 6th Form - it beats everywhere in my opinion. DD was offered Arts Ed too but we are so glad we remained reasonably local. DD has friends on other courses and none compares in terms of hours, standard and expectations - although everyone seems to be enjoying wherever they are at. DD is in her first year and just had assessment results- 16 areas assessed initially. The ethos and work ethic is excellent and we've just about got used to her arriving there at 7:30am and not finishing until 6pm. Also EDA 6th Form was very much praised at the CDMT conference - highly regarded by Mountview, Laine and Arts Ed amongst others as they produce students with a good attitude as well as talent. I felt very proud that DD goes there. So do give it serious consideration! :D
Great to hear your DD is loving Emil Dale. DD is auditioning for a degree course. I guess it will all come down to if/where she is offered, and how she likes each place. We haven't been able to get around to visit many places, so for most places her only impressions will be from the audition day itself. But so good to see such praise for EDA :D

Anyone going to, or have been to Trinity Laban open day? We are going next week. It's different to most as its workshop based.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

lotsolaffs wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pmWith ref to £350 deposit at ArtsEd it is refundable up to 4 weeks before the start of term,perhaps I wasn't clear about that.
Ahh that's a better situation, I'd thought it was non-refundable.
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

I agree that Emil Dale is an outstanding college. My dd has just finished her first term in sixth form. I certainly didn’t feel ready for her to live away from home at 16 but I can honestly say I have no worries at all because I know she is in a place full of kindness and warmth. EDA have a ‘family’ ethos and it really is the case - such a caring and nurturing environment. I especially admire their promotion of mental health and well-being to all students. My dd is also supported by a lovely year group who all genuinely look out for each other.
The quality of teaching and course content is incredible, my dd has learnt so much already and likes the way she is pushed to develop further. They also help with matching you up with a host family and we are very thankful to have found a fantastic host!
Can highly recommend this college
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

UCAS form gone in today for my DD so fingers crossed all applications sorted now. Does anyone know how quickly GSA take to sort an audition?
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm UCAS form gone in today for my DD so fingers crossed all applications sorted now. Does anyone know how quickly GSA take to sort an audition?
My DD had her UCAS go in one day last week and GSA emailed her the following day. Although we still haven't chosen a date yet.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

MTDreams wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:16 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm UCAS form gone in today for my DD so fingers crossed all applications sorted now. Does anyone know how quickly GSA take to sort an audition?
My DD had her UCAS go in one day last week and GSA emailed her the following day. Although we still haven't chosen a date yet.
Oooooh hopefully hear tomorrow then. She got an email from University of Greenwich about Bird very quickly today. We are hoping we can choose a Manchester audition for GSA first round.
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

Letter came from Bird, reserve list for degree.
She's happy with that as most of her friends from college have the same.
Get Xmas over then on to the next!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Ib111 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 pm Letter came from Bird, reserve list for degree.
That's great news! Well done to your DD!!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Ib111 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 pm Letter came from Bird, reserve list for degree.

That's a great attitude for your DD to have. My DD is 2nd year at Bird and says they've changed the way they seem to be doing it for the last couple of years. Firstly Reserve is good - it means they want you. They offer a few places on the day (for both diploma and degree) but are keeping more on the reserve until they have seen everyone.

I think that, although the waiting is very stressful, it's fairer on everyone who auditions. The fact they also stream from Year One now could mean they are making sure they fill up each stream with the best that's out there, of which I'm sure you DD is one

Stay strong