Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams »

Does anyone know how long the MT audition at Mountview takes? We had to reschedule the date they sent and have just realised we are booked to see a show on our rescheduled date ](*,) DD's audition is at 2pm, show starts an hour away at 7.30pm. We really don't want to miss the show...boo.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 am DD had her first audition yesterday at ArtsEd. I heard from her at 9am when she was in Starbucks with friends also attending. I then spent the day worryin doing paperwork,going to the dump, cleaning, checking phone,messages, emails ,didn't hear from her until 5.45. She got through to the recall stage so just waiting to hear now.
I don't know how I can manage anot1her five auditions. It's all happening really quickly now.
Wow that is amazing! Well done to your DD. My hubby is taking my DD to her Arts Ed audition so I'm sure I will be on tenterhooks too!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

MTDreams wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 am Does anyone know how long the MT audition at Mountview takes? We had to reschedule the date they sent and have just realised we are booked to see a show on our rescheduled date ](*,) DD's audition is at 2pm, show starts an hour away at 7.30pm. We really don't want to miss the show...boo.
My DD is doing the manchester one and it suggested that was about 4 hours. Hope you get to the show!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:10 pm
MTDreams wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 am Does anyone know how long the MT audition at Mountview takes? We had to reschedule the date they sent and have just realised we are booked to see a show on our rescheduled date ](*,) DD's audition is at 2pm, show starts an hour away at 7.30pm. We really don't want to miss the show...boo.
My DD is doing the manchester one and it suggested that was about 4 hours. Hope you get to the show!
Thank you! I thought it was about that. Going to be tight getting there :(
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

MTDreams wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:10 pm
Thank you! I thought it was about that. Going to be tight getting there :(
Taxi!!?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Foundation offer for DD at ArtsEd. She isn't that happy about it, she thought it went really well.We have 15 days to accept and pay a £350 deposit. Two more auditions within that time so we will see how it goes.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:46 pm Foundation offer for DD at ArtsEd. She isn't that happy about it, she thought it went really well.We have 15 days to accept and pay a £350 deposit. Two more auditions within that time so we will see how it goes.
Considering how many people they audition and how many places they offer for degree / diploma and foundation she has done really well. I didn't realise they charged a retainer in fact when we went to Laine they suggested there it wasn't really allowed. Although this may just be for a place when you are waiting for dada funding. It seems they can get away with anything. It's not really long enough to allow you to get many other offers in.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

lotsolaffs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:46 pm Foundation offer for DD at ArtsEd. She isn't that happy about it, she thought it went really well.We have 15 days to accept and pay a £350 deposit. Two more auditions within that time so we will see how it goes.
Conngratulations to her but Ouch that sounds expensive. x
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Well done to your DD! I do think its naughty of them to put pressure on to accept a place so early on in the audition season :(
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Congratulations to your DD, to get any offers is a a great achievement. Until you have all offers on the table hang fire to make your decision. My DD last year got 2 foundation and a diploma offer...decided to undertake foundation at preferred college over diploma..rang much later than the ‘acceptance date’...place still available ....was like your DD disappointed at first about foundation but it’s without doubt been the best decision as she’s learnt so much and has absolutely loved it!It’s all about investing time in your own journey...it’s not a race...am sure your DD will end up at the right place for her, good luck with the rest of the auditions 👍
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Thank you all. I can't believe it has all come around so quickly, she is very well prepared and very much enjoyed the audition. She is looking forward to the next few and who knows what is required by each place. Anyone else got any coming up soon?
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

lotsolaffs wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:25 pm Thank you all. I can't believe it has all come around so quickly, she is very well prepared and very much enjoyed the audition. She is looking forward to the next few and who knows what is required by each place. Anyone else got any coming up soon?
My DD has got her first audition in 8 days at Emil Dale. Anyone else auditioning there?
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

MTDreams my DS auditioned for sixth form last Saturday. Loved it! Awaiting results...
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Proseccoplease wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:40 am MTDreams my DS auditioned for sixth form last Saturday. Loved it! Awaiting results...
Oh Good Luck to your DS! I am really impressed with what I have seen online from them. I have a feeling my DD will like it there. I am getting a tour while she is auditioning. Let me know how he gets on :D
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Mine is in 2nd year at EDA . Loves the teachers and teaching there. They have been fantastic in preparing them for the next stage. Although totally what we didn't want to do- pay for 6th form or have her leave home at 16. She is with a great host who will be taking students in for 2020. I highly recommend it.

With ref to £350 deposit at ArtsEd it is refundable up to 4 weeks before the start of term,perhaps I wasn't clear about that.