Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

becmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by becmum »

Joshan18 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 am I just had to share my news. On Tuesday my son graduated with a Ba in Acting and yesterday my daughter was offered a place off the reserve list for the same course! I am so overjoyed and proud of both of them, don't mind admitting there were a few tears last night :lol:
I would like to thank everyone on here for all the advice and support, its not been an easy journey...she had a gap year and has just finished a foundation course. We were all starting to plan her next gap year when the email arrived out of the blue!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, its such a difficult path to follow, resilience is key I think ( and thats just for the parents) :D
What fantastic news!! Well done enjoy your celebrations 🎉
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Joshan18 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 am I just had to share my news. On Tuesday my son graduated with a Ba in Acting and yesterday my daughter was offered a place off the reserve list for the same course! I am so overjoyed and proud of both of them, don't mind admitting there were a few tears last night :lol:
I would like to thank everyone on here for all the advice and support, its not been an easy journey...she had a gap year and has just finished a foundation course. We were all starting to plan her next gap year when the email arrived out of the blue!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, its such a difficult path to follow, resilience is key I think ( and thats just for the parents) :D
Congratulations to your daughter and well done to you for lasting through it!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

That is brilliant news! Well done to both of them!
Joshan18
Nominee

Post by Joshan18 »

Thank you all for your best wishes. This is what I have loved about this site, everyone is so supportive!
Kingswayqueen she will be starting a BA Acting at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire :D
I hope people still waiting will hear soon. We had almost given up hope when the email arrived!
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Joshan18 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 pm Thank you all for your best wishes. This is what I have loved about this site, everyone is so supportive!
Kingswayqueen she will be starting a BA Acting at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire :D
I hope people still waiting will hear soon. We had almost given up hope when the email arrived!
Absolutely brilliant, what fabulous news! Congratulations xx
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Has anyone had much luck with getting through to Bird lately? I've tried ringing and emailing about where my DS is on the BA list again and still no reply it's been almost two weeks now
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 am Has anyone had much luck with getting through to Bird lately? I've tried ringing and emailing about where my DS is on the BA list again and still no reply it's been almost two weeks now
Hi there, yes I have and the list has not moved in the past 2 weeks..... they are due to send another email out early August to check who wants to stay on the list.
Even they are surprised the list hasn’t moved! X
Disco_Dad
Nominee

Post by Disco_Dad »

Apparently Tanya who deals with the list is on 2 weeks holiday so that may be why there has been no movement or follow up to checking the list x
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Soclose wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:07 am
Tiptaptoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 am Hi there, yes I have and the list has not moved in the past 2 weeks..... they are due to send another email out early August to check who wants to stay on the list.
I just got an email back actually informing me no movement on the list so far. DD is very stressed and doesn't know what to do with herself anymore, feeling hopeless
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:17 pm
Tiptaptoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 am Hi there, yes I have and the list has not moved in the past 2 weeks..... they are due to send another email out early August to check who wants to stay on the list.
I just got an email back actually informing me no movement on the list so far. DD is very stressed and doesn't know what to do with herself anymore, feeling hopeless
Hi Tiptaptoe, it is so frustrating isn’t it....has your DD had any other offers? X
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Soclose wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:16 pm
Hi Tiptaptoe, it is so frustrating isn’t it....has your DD had any other offers? X
Very frustrating indeed :( she's had diploma offers for various places including Bird but we've had to turn them down because even with the small DaDA they offered it was still too much for us to afford unfortunately. How about yourself?
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:23 pm
Very frustrating indeed :( she's had diploma offers for various places including Bird but we've had to turn them down because even with the small DaDA they offered it was still too much for us to afford unfortunately. How about yourself?
Hi, I sent you a pm x
Disco_Dad
Nominee

Post by Disco_Dad »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:23 pm
We share your pain, it's horrible when your DC has worked so hard for years, gone around and auditioned everywhere, been offered diplomas but you have to turn them down due to the finances and DaDa not helping :cry: :cry:

Fingers crossed these degree places start moving soon, maybe when a-level results come out x
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some exciting news! Yesterday DD received the degree offer from Bird which we'd been agonisingly waiting for for months! Cannot believe how relieved and excited we are thank goodness! Wishing all of those still waiting to hear the best of luck and to keep hanging on in there. I know there were at least two offers on degree made yesterday as DDs friends also received one but she declined so hopefully there is more movement in the list!
Best of luck to all of you x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:54 am Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some exciting news! Yesterday DD received the degree offer from Bird which we'd been agonisingly waiting for for months! Cannot believe how relieved and excited we are thank goodness! Wishing all of those still waiting to hear the best of luck and to keep hanging on in there. I know there were at least two offers on degree made yesterday as DDs friends also received one but she declined so hopefully there is more movement in the list!
Best of luck to all of you x
Oh wow HUGE congratulations to you all!🎉🎉🎉 What a relief! Thank you so much for the update, not sure my DD will make the cut as she’s top of the middle so I’m guessing quite a few in front of her. Can only cross our fingers and hope! Well done again, do you know what accommodation she’s going to take? xxx