Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by lotsolaffs »

kzgirl A very important point - we totally underestimated the added financial strain,and it will get worse as my DS has decided he wants to go to uni after all. I have been back to work full time for 2 years ,both will work during the summer, we have even had to say no to a part in a production in London this Summer as costs spiralled out of control last Summer when she did a show.
Glad yours is happy now and settled.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Soclose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am Bird Reserve List:-
Has anybody had experience or know anybody with experience of this in the past years?
Did anybody’s DC get a place from the reserve list and if so at what point did the place come up?
Just trying to be realistic with dates etc
My DD is currently at Bird and there is always a lot of movement on the Reserve List. The first stage tends to come at the UCAS cut off date as degree courses have to be accepted as first or second choice then that frees up BA places on the list.
For the diploma there's movement when people have to start paying deposits as some students are holding offers from multiple colleges.
Certainly at Bird the reserve lists move a lot - and some have even been offered places last August / Start of September in the past.
Good luck
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Munchpot wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm
Has anybody had experience or know anybody with experience of this in the past years?
Did anybody’s DC get a place from the reserve list and if so at what point did the place come up?
My DD is currently at Bird and there is always a lot of movement on the Reserve List. The first stage tends to come at the UCAS cut off date as degree courses have to be accepted as first or second choice then that frees up BA places on the list.
For the diploma there's movement when people have to start paying deposits as some students are holding offers from multiple colleges.
Certainly at Bird the reserve lists move a lot - and some have even been offered places last August / Start of September in the past.
Good luck
Munchpot thank you, DD is currently on reserve for the degree.... not too much longer to wait then hopefully! X
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Soclose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:44 pm
Munchpot wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm
Good luck
Munchpot thank you, DD is currently on reserve for the degree.... not too much longer to wait then hopefully! X

Fingers crossed
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Hi Dd offered degree from reserve list last year at Bird. She had a couple of other funded places but really wanted the Bird placement. She was offered a fully funded diploma place by Bird around first week of June. The degree offer was received 2nd week in July. she was then given the option to stay on diploma or move to degree, I had informed Bird that she did have other offers as we were getting to the point of completing the funding paperwork and I really did not know what to do It was confirmed that she was towards the top of the reserve list and it was only a matter of time whilst the lists moved before her offer came up, so diploma was offered so she could release other offers. She did swap on to the degree course once received. There is a considerable amount of movement and yes places on the degree are offered to both boys and girls prior to end of May, but also believe that a good amount of places from the reserve also come up. A couple of dd's girl friends have degree offers from performers, bird and Urdang. Ovs these will be up for grabs when the UCAS deadlines comes up to confirm your selected college.
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Newbe2018 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 am
Hi Dd offered degree from reserve list last year at Bird. She had a couple of other funded places but really wanted the Bird placement. She was offered a fully funded diploma place by Bird around first week of June. The degree offer was received 2nd week in July. she was then given the option to stay on diploma or move to degree, I had informed Bird that she did have other offers as we were getting to the point of completing the funding paperwork and I really did not know what to do It was confirmed that she was towards the top of the reserve list and it was only a matter of time whilst the lists moved before her offer came up, so diploma was offered so she could release other offers. She did swap on to the degree course once received. There is a considerable amount of movement and yes places on the degree are offered to both boys and girls prior to end of May, but also believe that a good amount of places from the reserve also come up. A couple of dd's girl friends have degree offers from performers, bird and Urdang. Ovs these will be up for grabs when the UCAS deadlines comes up to confirm your selected college.
Ooh thank you Newbe2018, this is really helpful and gives a clearer picture of what to expect realistically.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Hi anyone got any experience of Rose Bruford reserve list? Wondering about movement chances.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

While we're on Rose Bruford, anyone has experience with their European or American Theatre arts degrees?
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

So my DD had an offer from GSA MT degree course today from the reserve list so things are starting to move. Had thought she would have to wait longer. Now she's totally confused!
Good luck to all who are on reserve lists.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

go for it wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 pm So my DD had an offer from GSA MT degree course today from the reserve list so things are starting to move. Had thought she would have to wait longer. Now she's totally confused!
I saw a twitter post saying they had finished the final recalls and were hoping to get offers out this week. Well done to your DD xx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

go for it wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 pm So my DD had an offer from GSA MT degree course today from the reserve list so things are starting to move. Had thought she would have to wait longer. Now she's totally confused!
Ooh many congratulations to your DD =D>
She has quite a dilemma now! Does she have a strong preference?
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

so it looks like no news is 'not good news' for DS for Central - looks like recalls have been offered and he didn't get an email :-(. He is pretty down at the minute as didn't get one of the schools he really wanted. Trying to explain that there are 100's if not 1000's out there with no offer at all. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Good luck for those on wait lists.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Congratulations on your DDs offer!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:02 am so it looks like no news is 'not good news' for DS for Central - looks like recalls have been offered and he didn't get an email :-(. He is pretty down at the minute as didn't get one of the schools he really wanted. Trying to explain that there are 100's if not 1000's out there with no offer at all. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Good luck for those on wait lists.
So sorry to hear this, so awful trying to keep them positive...keep going the right thing happens for them in the end 🤞x
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Fantastic! Well done to your DD.x