Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Robin64 »

Nice to hear more good news. Well done Newbe.
Also hopeful that the Bird money is split and not £1000 up front. DD asked her pal who is in 1st year and he said they did have to pay some money but it wasn't as much as £1000 so I think that must be right.

In terms of getting ahead with any uniform for Bird - stock up on leotards if the sales are on, it's nice to have some pretty ones and NAME everything! especially all shoes. I have some character shoes/new yorkers from the Bird uniform shop on the For Sale section - brand new in box size 7 if anyone is interested.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Congratulations Newbie and everyone else who's finding their places finally x
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

It works out at £33.36 per month for Bird over the three years. We just pay it monthly. I think there are a few options
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Thank you all, :D, I've still got my fingers crossed for some of you still waiting to hear.

Does anyone know when about's in July the Bird accommodation packs are sent out?
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote:Thank you all, :D, I've still got my fingers crossed for some of you still waiting to hear.

Does anyone know when about's in July the Bird accommodation packs are sent out?
The packs are due to be sent out next week.
MTmum
Nominee

Post by MTmum »

Hi all, it's been great reading your posts over the last few weeks, it's kept me well informed with what is going on, my DD also had a phone call from bird last week offering her a dada for a diploma place, and said she is currently near the top of the reserve list for the degree, I'm hoping she gets put onto the degree :D
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

MTmum wrote:Hi all, it's been great reading your posts over the last few weeks, it's kept me well informed with what is going on, my DD also had a phone call from bird last week offering her a dada for a diploma place, and said she is currently near the top of the reserve list for the degree, I'm hoping she gets put onto the degree :D
That's fab!!! congratulations \:D/ Us too, dd would prefer the degree, the lady at Bird said there's a small number of people they have offered this too. Just helps to get other stuff sorted. x
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Munchpot wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:Thank you all, :D, I've still got my fingers crossed for some of you still waiting to hear.

The packs are due to be sent out next week.
Thank you xx
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

MTmum wrote:Hi all, it's been great reading your posts over the last few weeks, it's kept me well informed with what is going on, my DD also had a phone call from bird last week offering her a dada for a diploma place, and said she is currently near the top of the reserve list for the degree, I'm hoping she gets put onto the degree :D
Congratulations to your DD
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Newbe2018 wrote:Update, Reverse lists are starting to move!

Morning all, Didn't want to post until official letter came, dd has received offer from Bird and accepted a place from the reserve list \:D/ \:D/ . This means that she'll let her other funded places go. Best of luck to all on reserve Lists, fingers crossed your wait won't be much longer. Xx

PS can I just say this site has been a life saver for me and my sanity. Great support and just a lovely bunch of people :D =D>
Fantastic news. My DD just finishing 1st year on degree and was on reserve so anything I can help with let me know.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Robin64 wrote:Nice to hear more good news. Well done Newbe.
Also hopeful that the Bird money is split and not £1000 up front. DD asked her pal who is in 1st year and he said they did have to pay some money but it wasn't as much as £1000 so I think that must be right.

In terms of getting ahead with any uniform for Bird - stock up on leotards if the sales are on, it's nice to have some pretty ones and NAME everything! especially all shoes. I have some character shoes/new yorkers from the Bird uniform shop on the For Sale section - brand new in box size 7 if anyone is interested.
Think you can pay in installments, we paid in full just because she had that money allocated x
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Newbe2018 wrote:
That's fab!!! congratulations \:D/ Us too, dd would prefer the degree, the lady at Bird said there's a small number of people they have offered this too. Just helps to get other stuff sorted. x
DD went onto degree 2 days after the course started so there is movement right up to the end.
MTmum
Nominee

Post by MTmum »

It's so nice coming on and seeing that they now getting offers, my dd was disappointed when she didn't get the dada from Laine, but the bird offer has really motivated her, she now looking forward to moving to London, it's go to hear the bird pack is due out next week
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

MTmum wrote:It's so nice coming on and seeing that they now getting offers, my dd was disappointed when she didn't get the dada from Laine, but the bird offer has really motivated her, she now looking forward to moving to London, it's go to hear the bird pack is due out next week
If she's on Facebook she should get added to the Registry page that has useful info on it too

Depending on her age - there may be rooms coming up where there are currently 3rd years living who are leaving etc, so worth checking it out ahead of the landlords list coming out
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

dancemom43 wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:Update, Reverse lists are starting to move!

Morning all, Didn't want to post until official letter came, dd has received offer from Bird and accepted a place from the reserve list \:D/ \:D/ . This means that she'll let her other funded places go. Best of luck to all on reserve Lists, fingers crossed your wait won't be much longer. Xx

PS can I just say this site has been a life saver for me and my sanity. Great support and just a lovely bunch of people :D =D>
Fantastic news. My DD just finishing 1st year on degree and was on reserve so anything I can help with let me know.
That's useful to know, thank you, I'm sure I'll have questions at some point Xx