Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Sherbert »

Live_thedream wrote:Hi everyone

It's been some time since I was on here last. DS didn't get called back for Central, we were all set for a year out, but then after much deliberation, DS went to audition at The Brighton Academy and has been offered a place!! :D And he's going to accept! So I am now officially in the looking for accommodation/student finance camp :lol:

DS was really impressed with TBA - their recent agent success rate was the reason why he opted to go for it and in general found them responsive, (good in their communication etc) and impressed with their genuine concern for individuals.

I am glad - I don't think I could have taken any more of the stress!
I am so thrilled to read this!! Have been thinking about you and your DS and checking in for a post from you =D> =D>

I too have heard great things about Brighton and what a fantastic place to study xx

Best of luck to your DS and in 3 years time...we’ll all be stressing again :lol:

PS: my DS’ friend also didn’t get that final place at Central - I think it’s prob one of the hardest places to get in from what I’ve heard...but who cares....he’s off to TBA!! \:D/
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

It's been some time since I was on here last. DS didn't get called back for Central, we were all set for a year out, but then after much deliberation, DS went to audition at The Brighton Academy and has been offered a place!! :D And he's going to accept! So I am now officially in the looking for accommodation/student finance camp :lol:

DS was really impressed with TBA - their recent agent success rate was the reason why he opted to go for it and in general found them responsive, (good in their communication etc) and impressed with their genuine concern for individuals.

Brilliant news! I've been thinking about you and wondering how things were going for DS. Congratulations...and relax!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Fullmoon wrote:Congratulations to your DS Livinthedream! Nice to hear of offers coming in....not so nice to hear the no’s or the endless waiting for others :(

Newbe2018 I’ve pm’d you! :D
Thank you Fullmoon. I too couldn't agree more about the waiting and rejections ..... it's really tough on DCs and us parents and I think a taste of the future to come.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:

Brilliant news! I've been thinking about you and wondering how things were going for DS. Congratulations...and relax!
Thanks Scarytimes - yes relax ... I don't think it's really sunk in after all the stress of other auditions and waiting. How are you getting on ...I think you were waiting to hear on funding?
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:

I am so thrilled to read this!! Have been thinking about you and your DS and checking in for a post from you =D> =D>

I too have heard great things about Brighton and what a fantastic place to study xx

Best of luck to your DS and in 3 years time...we’ll all be stressing again :lol:

PS: my DS’ friend also didn’t get that final place at Central - I think it’s prob one of the hardest places to get in from what I’ve heard...but who cares....he’s off to TBA!! \:D/
Thanks Sherbert :) I won't lie, even though there was a very slim chance of DS getting into Central, I won't deny it was the most that hurt out of all as DS had liked it the most. No matter how hard you know it is to get in, there's always that small ray of hope that just maybe this will be the one. I am glad though, because DS was being a snob about choices so when he opted to go to TBA audition, he actually really liked it!

Yes agree, we will be back here Sherbert stressing :D

PS thanks for all your support xx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Live_thedream wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:Thanks Scarytimes - yes relax ... I don't think it's really sunk in after all the stress of other auditions and waiting. How are you getting on ...I think you were waiting to hear on funding?
Don’t ask! Waiting vainly to hear anything at all from Laine whilst trying to encourage lots of intense revision for A levels to give him the best chance at GSA place.
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

On another note (and to distract me from the waiting) is anyone’s DC going to PPA? My other daughter has chosen to accept that offer and is very much looking forward to going! She will be looking for some possibly lift shares when term starts (have secured her a parking space right next to the college and a few people to help fill her car for a small charge would be extra handy! And cheaper than a bus!)

Yes it’s been a stressful year with 2 of them auditioning.. :o 8-[
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Don’t ask! Waiting vainly to hear anything at all from Laine whilst trying to encourage lots of intense revision for A levels to give him the best chance at GSA place.
Doesn't matter which stage you are at, the 'waiting' is the killer! Oh bless you, so many 'ifs'. Fingers crossed [-o<
bro1234
BRIT Award

Post by bro1234 »

Yep the waiting is nerve racking, because if your fortunate enough to be offered a place, you then have to go through the wait again for the funding! good luck everyone x
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

Mumof3girls wrote:Maybe we should have a ‘After Graduation group’ As mine is only at the end of year one nearly and I can’t even imagine the stress of after graduation ! Good luck all x
Worth a try. I've started a thread entitled just that. And posted a link to an interesting article.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Laurellen wrote:On another note (and to distract me from the waiting) is anyone’s DC going to PPA? My other daughter has chosen to accept that offer and is very much looking forward to going! She will be looking for some possibly lift shares when term starts (have secured her a parking space right next to the college and a few people to help fill her car for a small charge would be extra handy! And cheaper than a bus!)

Yes it’s been a stressful year with 2 of them auditioning.. :o 8-[
I can't imagine having two of them auditioning in one year. One (plus others not auditioning) has occupied all my energy since November. Are they twins or have you got the 16/18+ thing going on? [sorry, very nosy of me]
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

bro1234 wrote:Hi Laurellen

We heard just over 2 weeks for Bird. So you should get a letter anytime. Good luck.
Ooh. Hope that was good news for your DD then.
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Post by TeethandTwinkles »

My DD received a wonderful phone call from Laine to say she has received funding. So thrilled and elated. :D :D
Really hope the wait is over for everyone waiting on offers. Xx
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

TeethandTwinkles that's brilliant news - congratulations to her. Will she be joining my DD in September? x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

bro1234 wrote:Yep the waiting is nerve racking, because if your fortunate enough to be offered a place, you then have to go through the wait again for the funding! good luck everyone x
Or a wait for A level results day ](*,) ](*,)