Child's Dance Agency

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

stageright22
Nominee

Child's Dance Agency

Post by stageright22 »

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the Forum. Have read alot but I am still lost about what agency to look at, should anyone be able to help me please? My Daughter is 11yrs and studies all forms of dance. Just moving up to G4. Her speciality is streetdance. She is not an actress and I don't think that she would make a good model. I know about the casting agents and open calls with musical theatre. Really looking for work in TV, music videos, commercials etc. Think we would like to look at the bigger agencies to begin with and work our way down. Have read about some of the pitfalls with the better known agencies but I hoped that it would be a way to learn how everything works, assuming we were successful. We live in Herts and are close to London. Many thanks for any guidance you can give. xx
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: Child's Dance Agency

Post by jennifer1972 »

stageright22 wrote:Hi Everyone - I'm new to the Forum. Have read alot but I am still lost about what agency to look at, should anyone be able to help me please? My Daughter is 11yrs and studies all forms of dance. Just moving up to G4. Her speciality is streetdance. She is not an actress and I don't think that she would make a good model. I know about the casting agents and open calls with musical theatre. Really looking for work in TV, music videos, commercials etc. Think we would like to look at the bigger agencies to begin with and work our way down. Have read about some of the pitfalls with the better known agencies but I hoped that it would be a way to learn how everything works, assuming we were successful. We live in Herts and are close to London. Many thanks for any guidance you can give. xx
Hello

Are there any agencies just for dancers? I haven't come across any. The problem is that if she isn't into acting or modelling, she won't have much luck with the normal kids agencies. Does she sing? Maybe instead of looking for an agent for her, get her into a local acting/singing class and then further down the line have a look at agencies. I think any work that she may possibly get would probably come from her dance classes anyway. My DD had an opportunity many years ago to be in a pop video because the singer knew of her dance academy and auditioned girls directly from there. It might be worth contacting a couple of agencies in the meantime just to ask for their advice. Good luck!
stageright22
Nominee

Re: Child's Dance Agency

Post by stageright22 »

Hi jennifer1972. Many thanks for your reply. Sincerest apologies, I have only just seen your response! I can't find a Dance Agency for kids. There appears to be some for adults. Thanks for your very good advice though. My DD has an audition for School of Rock soon so hopefully I'll learn more about the journey/process there. Thanks again and I hope that you and your DD are doing well. x