Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Perfomers

Post by Munchpot »

Morning
Have seen a couple of tweets from students saying they've received offers from Performers over the last 24 hours, so hopefully decisions have now been made and letters are on their way

Fingers crossed for all
Sallybarter
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Sallybarter »

DD (who will be 16 in August) has been offered a place on the diploma at Masters as well as D&B. She has also been offered pre-vocational at Performers. Her passion is dance and I think her heart is set on Performers even though she would have to audition again for diplomas next year but would ideally want to get on the Performers diploma. Is it worth doing an extra year to hold out for a preferred college? She is realistic and knows she is currently up against older students who are already dancing full time but she is at school doing GCSE’s so her training is limited - therefore a pre-voc may be the perfect stepping stone. On the one hand I think that as long as she works hard it doesn’t matter where she goes and in some ways I think she would have many more opportunities (and broaden her horizons) at D&B due to their agency, however on the other hand, as her passion is dance, Performers seems to be the obvious choice. She was not keen on Masters - the training seems fab but for some reason she didn’t feel the place was right for her. Has anyone else faced this dilemma? Everyone has different views on this but I wondered if anyone has had personal experience of this.
Kiba123
Nominee

Post by Kiba123 »

Kings International Ballet Academy offer a full time Professional Dancers Diploma Course - the training is amazing plus the students have the option of studying A Levels . Students also have the opportunity to get their qualifications in the teaching of classical ballet.
Auditions are taking place both nationally and internationally and it isn’t too late to apply. There’s auditions in Wales, Ireland,Malta,Switzerland and Birmingham during April, May and June.
Have a look on the website . The Artistic Directors are very approachable
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Kiba123 wrote:Kings International Ballet Academy offer a full time Professional Dancers Diploma Course - the training is amazing plus the students have the option of studying A Levels . Students also have the opportunity to get their qualifications in the teaching of classical ballet.
Auditions are taking place both nationally and internationally and it isn’t too late to apply. There’s auditions in Wales, Ireland,Malta,Switzerland and Birmingham during April, May and June.
Have a look on the website . The Artistic Directors are very approachable
Can I ask....Is this geared more towards 16 year olds or would it also suit DD/S’s who have already done A levels? If so, what are the dance contact hours if not doing A Levels? Is it a Level 6 qualification and what other styles of dance do they do? Thank you
Kiba123
Nominee

Post by Kiba123 »

Hello - The a levels are an optional extra at Kings - but we also have a student enrichment programme for all students to follow which involves the students gaining valuable teaching, choreographic and performance opportunities along with international student exchanges. So there’s plenty for your daughter to get her teeth into. The students are in the dance studio dancing from 9 am until 6 pm everyday apart from Thursdays I think wherevthey finish at 4 pm .
I hope this helps
Kiba123
Nominee

Post by Kiba123 »

Sorry!
It is a predominately Classical course however the students also take classes in technical and commercial Jazz, Contemporary, Drama and Singing.
Kindest regards
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Anyone auditioning this week?

Post by Scarytimes »

Does anyone else have DS or DD auditioning this week?

My DS has London Studio Centre on Monday and Mountview on Friday. Feeling a bit rusty as it is the end of the two week break from dance, singing and drama though!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Scarytimes wrote:Does anyone else have DS or DD auditioning this week?

My DS has London Studio Centre on Monday and Mountview on Friday. Feeling a bit rusty as it is the end of the two week break from dance, singing and drama though!
good luck to all auditioning and well done to all those with offers xxx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Joshan18
Nominee

Post by Joshan18 »

Scary my DD has Central first round on Friday. Then Italia Conti the week after and East 15 the following week. It seems to going on for a long time this year.....
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Goodluck everyone xxx can't quite believe how long this auditioning process takes!!!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Joshan18 wrote:Scary my DD has Central first round on Friday. Then Italia Conti the week after and East 15 the following week. It seems to going on for a long time this year.....
Good luck to her. I agree. We started in November
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Just a heads up to anyone going to Italia Conti there’s a big article in the mail today about financial misconduct!! Not 100% sure of the ins and outs but I would be asking questions if my dd was going there
Bring it on!!!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:Goodluck everyone xxx can't quite believe how long this auditioning process takes!!!
Thanks Marissa and Jasmine2
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:Goodluck everyone xxx can't quite believe how long this auditioning process takes!!!
Thanks Marissa and Jasmine2
And let us know how it goes xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Call back for MT at central for DD today. Waiting in a rather showery Camden. Oh well fingers crossed xx