Newbie Top talent agency?!

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

whattodo
BRIT Award

Re: Newbie Top talent agency?!

Post by whattodo »

Haven't scream opened their books? You could always ask Jaime or Jess what they think before submitting her... I'm slightly put off by Mark Jermin just because of the threads I have read on here and the fact I sent them an email earlier in the week asking a few questions and I stressed that communication was key - only to hear diddly squat back! I know agencies are busy but something back would have been nice. I was asking about casting proportions and self tapes etc and a general query to the workshop. Mondi have asked us to do a self tape to start with and they seem to have a good reputation. I'm starting to wish I lived down south again now!!! Which workshop are you going to with TTA is it the Herts one? I think we going to do London x
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

Yes the Herts one,my sis in law works there so makes sense to go to that one. Yes I think Scream are taking on but agency wise I've heard mixed reviews,also not sure I want to be totally tied to one company if that makes sense :/ I asked their opinion on both imperium and TT, they said both are reputable,seemed to have more knowledge on TT though as Archie has worked with them I think. I'm still not totally convinced I want her doing it haha! I figured at least the audition will show her what it entails to see if she still enjoys it as much and we can make a weekend away out of it haha!x
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

Well SY have just rang me and want to take DS on she had previously told me to try a mcr agency but said she had to ring me and tell me to forget that as she thought he was exceptional... I am dumbfounded! I was super impressed with her communication and honesty before we even decided to go and see what was happening so now I am all over the place! My gut is telling me to go for it with them... eek! re scream we were with them for a couple of years and they were good to start with but communication for us got very poor but i know this isn't the case for all. Its a big agency at the end of the day and only a couple of people in the office and sometimes the left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing ;)
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

Wow!! Massive well done to him!! A lot have said screams communication isn't great and like you say,it's one of the most important things!! Eeek so exciting for you all!! At least you know SY would push him forward with a review like that :) let us know what you decide :) xx
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

We have decided already to go with them - its a no brainer really, i just hope its the right move for him. He has had only a few castings this year so we are happy to wait and see what happens now with SY. He is so excited bless him and the girl at SY was so honest even before we went, it spoke volumes that an agency which is large took their time with me and it feels right. Time will tell i suppose! Scream were good with us my ds had lots of work though them, and we were busy - but i would say trust your instinct and pick the agency that feels right for you xxx
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

I'm so happy you have found the right one,it's a minefield out there!! Do keep us updated on how he does :) exciting times ahead!!x