Newbie Top talent agency?!

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Moosmum
BRIT Award

Newbie Top talent agency?!

Post by Moosmum »

Hi everyone :) we are newbies to all this and I'm a bit confused! My dd has been asked to audition to be on the books at Top Talent. Does anyone have any experience of this agency please or feedback of any kind? They represent regional kids but as we are based in the north west I'm abit sceptical with them being London based :/ any help or advice appreciated :)
Thanks in advance :)
Katie x
whattodo
BRIT Award

Re: Newbie Top talent agency?!

Post by whattodo »

Would be interested to see what others think too - we have interest from SY and Mark Germin and are too in the north west... Is Top talent all London or are they north west too???
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

They say they represent the uk,however I fear most castings will be London based :/ I'm going to let her audition anyhow just for the experience but I have found that by review people tend to either love them or hate them, I guess that will go for most agencies though x
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

It does seem that way... we are so undecided whether to go to sy or not. 95% castings London and I've heard they can favour school pupils but they have very good connections... would we be left out though because of being in Manchester. It's so confusing! I have to say SY above everyone have been so honest and I was impressed with that more than anything. X
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

SY have a good reputation for sure,I remember the name even from when I was at drama school. I have heard about the favouring students though :/ I think I'm just going to go and see what kind of feel I get from them. There is Scream management based in Manchester and they also have London offices,my DD goes to their drama school. I have kind of steered clear of them because of her being in the school as wasn't sure it was a good idea to be so tied to the same company but I guess it could work in her favour :/ it's so confusing! She is adamant she wants to try out but then again I'm so reluctant because of our location x
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

We were with scream and were quite successful but I didn't like the way they were with communication - it went downhill drastically. That's not to say though they aren't a good agency! I bet I know you then as my child was with the school for quite a while ha ha
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

I think TT send kids to castings in Manchester from what I've heard. I guess wherever shows are being made. Other than that I guess its the same old thing - commercials and theatre will mostly be in London (even for tours?).
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

We have only been with Scream school for a few months but so far so good :) it's reassuring to know TT cast in Manchester too :) will see how she gets on,it's her first audition so not expecting greatness haha x
tracie
BRIT Award

Post by tracie »

We were also with scream and it certainly wasn't for us. We went to another big agency after Scream and I felt I was selling my son to the devil and was about to call the whole thing a day until I found my sons current agency who I totally adore. It has few children and because of this they have such a wonderful personal touch. My son has been so busy and this is a Manchester agency. I don't think I would ever consider going to London Agency as I cant commit to all the traveling all the time and we have been kept busy up here. We do go to London a lot for auditions but its not every week. I think the smaller the agency the better.
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

That's what I was worrying about with the bigger agencies, I can't seem to find any good reviews for Manchester based agencies though except for Scream :/ it's like a mine field and I'm so confused haha! X
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

There are lots of agencies in Manchester it's just finding the one that works for you and your child best. There's Ora, Amber, Scream, Lime, Piccadilly management etc the agency doesn't have to be based in Manchester either there are some good ones in Leeds with good connections. The bigger ones like Bonnie & Betty, Ology, Mark Jermin & Scream who do Manchester Castings do have a lot of children on their books, but you will get sent for castings but probably more the generic ones for adverts etc whilst a smaller agency would probably push for other more specific things x
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

Thankyou :) will have a look at those ones, my sister in law lives near the Hertfordshire auditions for TT so may as well give it a try and make a weekend of it :) x
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

She's been asked to go to a meeting with Imperium now too,don't suppose any of you have heard of them?!x
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

Not heard of imperium tbh. We've been asked to TTA as well just trying to decide what to do. Mark Jermin also asked as well to see ds. Not sure what to do now! We went to SY yesterday DS had a fab time but wow it's the only workshop I have ever been to where the parents were eyeballing each other! Stress was palpable but ds didn't notice thankfully!!!! TTA seem to have a very good reputation and castings all over. Good luck with what you decide! X
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

Thanks :) imperium cant see her when we are available but from my digging it seems to take a fairly high percentage from jobs and the agent didn't have many followers etc so going to do TT and see what happens! The eyeballing worries me haha and to be honest is the reason I've put off her doing this sort of thing for so long!! I think you get a good feel for what's right so will see how she gets on :) I guess it's only a year if it turns out they aren't all they seem! Good luck with your auditions,let us know how you get on x