Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by Munchpot »

martint wrote:So, so proud our DD has secured a place at Laine!! She really felt at home there, it's going to mean big cutbacks but I think we can manage it.

Good luck to everyone else, and don't lose heart with the knock backs.
Congratulations to your DD. Great news
Maria54
BRIT Award

Post by Maria54 »

Congratulations to your dd martint, our DS is in second year at Laine. Your dd will have a great time, hard work , fab teachers and a supportive environment.they get the results.... Lots of success.if you want any info message me.maria
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

Maria54 wrote:Congratulations to your dd martint, our DS is in second year at Laine. Your dd will have a great time, hard work , fab teachers and a supportive environment.they get the results.... Lots of success.if you want any info message me.maria
Thank you. It wasn't her first choice until the audition. She fell during her solo dance and thought she'd blown it. She said she absolutely loved it there and felt she belonged but was downhearted because of the fall. How a few days can change things!
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

DD got her letter from Bird this morning, she's been offered a non-funded place on the diploma course.

She is delighted to have been offered a place as she loved it there but sad that at the moment it's non-funded so we will have to wait to see if she gets lucky from the reserve funding list. :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

2girlsmum wrote:DD got her letter from Bird this morning, she's been offered a non-funded place on the diploma course.

She is delighted to have been offered a place as she loved it there but sad that at the moment it's non-funded so we will have to wait to see if she gets lucky from the reserve funding list. :D
Great news on the offer. Good luck with the funding list
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

2girlsmum wrote:Didn't hear back from Laines today so think I might give them a call tomorrow to see if she can go another time.

DD had her Mountview audition today, she said it all went well but she text me at the lunchbreak to say that she wasn't sure if that would be the right place for her, it didn't have the same feel for her as some of the others she has already auditioned at. At the end of the day it was a no for her but as she was unsure about the place she is fine with that outcome.

But on the plus side we have got home to find an offer letter from Performers offering her a place there - which she is thrilled with. :D
Great news!! Congratulations!! Performers was my DD's second favourite. What did your DD think of it?
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

martint wrote:
Maria54 wrote:Congratulations to your dd martint, our DS is in second year at Laine. Your dd will have a great time, hard work , fab teachers and a supportive environment.they get the results.... Lots of success.if you want any info message me.maria
Thank you. It wasn't her first choice until the audition. She fell during her solo dance and thought she'd blown it. She said she absolutely loved it there and felt she belonged but was downhearted because of the fall. How a few days can change things!
Well done her!! Even the best fall sometimes!! =D>
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

2girlsmum wrote:DD got her letter from Bird this morning, she's been offered a non-funded place on the diploma course.

Hey great news!! The offers just keep on coming!! You'll need nerves of steel if your DD decides to wait for the funded place though :lol:
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Thanks jennifer1972, she loved Performers. Truth be told there was not a lot in it for her between Performers, Bird, Millennium from audition days and Laines from her pre-audition day. She definitely preferred the feel of these to the more Uni styled ones.

I think the decision will all come down to funding. If she does manage to get funding at Performers and/or Bird it will be a difficult choice between the 2 but either would come slightly above her degree offer at Millennium but if neither diploma funding happen she will be very happy to take the degree place at Millennium.

So it looks like more waiting for us :D
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Apologies if this has been covered before, I've had a search but couldn't see anything.

Do any colleges offer funded DADA places on Diploma's before the college has completed all its audition days?

I'm just trying to work out how the DADA system works. I thought the rules were that all students who get offered a place get ranked by each college once all auditions have taken place, then they work from the top to see, if you are eligible, what each student can be given in funding. Or can each college allocate their DADA money however they like, to whoever they like, throughout the audition period Oct-May?
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

2girlsmum wrote:Apologies if this has been covered before, I've had a search but couldn't see anything.

Do any colleges offer funded DADA places on Diploma's before the college has completed all its audition days?

I'm just trying to work out how the DADA system works. I thought the rules were that all students who get offered a place get ranked by each college once all auditions have taken place, then they work from the top to see, if you are eligible, what each student can be given in funding. Or can each college allocate their DADA money however they like, to whoever they like, throughout the audition period Oct-May?
When we went to Performers Open Day the principal said that no college should be offering DaDa funding before March as they aren't allocated it by the Government until then. Not sure how it is allocated but I would have thought that on audition day you are graded, get offered a place or not, apply for a Dada and then they use that grading system to allocate the funding. Each person would receive different amounts because it's down to your income, although I think the bands are very generous.
RosaMac
BRIT Award

Post by RosaMac »

Colleges do occasionally offer DADA's before they have finished auditioning. My daughter was one of the lucky ones to be offered one on the day of her audition.
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

My dd was offered a dada at Urdang after her funding audition and there were still further auditions after that date.
Bring it on!!!
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Oh great news! :D hope the funding offer comes, I think some people got funding up until quite late in previous years looking back, so fingers crossed. One of them might come through anyway.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

Thanks for all the replies ladies, very helpful :D