Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by DanceDiva »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Hi DanceDiva, sorry I haven't got your message. I went onto look and realised my message box is 78% full. I can't find a delete button :?
Have tried again - think it was my error !
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

DD has a final recall for Central :shock: :D
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

That's brilliant news Reachforthestars and the very best of luck xx
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

reachforthestars wrote:DD has a final recall for Central :shock: :D
Great news, congratulations, hope it goes well
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Well done,that is a tough audition process to go through.
I have just read about Central auditions on their website.
Lots of luck.
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Thanks 2girlsmums and lotsolaffs. DD is 17 and over the moon, she really enjoyed her first audition at Central.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Fantastic!!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

2girlsmum wrote:DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)
Good luck! Where is she applying to? My DD has one audition left, she has 2 offers, and still waiting for the letter from Bird. She was going to apply to Urdang, but the more people she has spoken to, the more it put her off, so she decided not to apply to audition there! I'm quite relieved as that means we are near the end of this process, and will be able to make a decision soon!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

jennifer1972 wrote:
2girlsmum wrote:DD has her 1st audition tomorrow (1st of 8 places she is applying for, all MT, we have 7 dates - 1 tomorrow in Jan, 5 so far in Feb and 1 in March, with 1 date still to come)
Good luck! Where is she applying to? My DD has one audition left, she has 2 offers, and still waiting for the letter from Bird. She was going to apply to Urdang, but the more people she has spoken to, the more it put her off, so she decided not to apply to audition there! I'm quite relieved as that means we are near the end of this process, and will be able to make a decision soon!
Can I ask why your DD was put off of Urdang - they are ranked number 1? We are going to their Open day next week for 2018 entry.
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

My dd is in her 2nd year at Urdang and absolutely loves it :D
She'll be performing in the ballet and tap at the open day. I found it a really good open day when we looked around.
Good luck to Z 2girlsmum xx
Bring it on!!!
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

One of DD's friends is about to graduate from Urdang and she has loved it.

Also the comment above about it being "ranked No. 1" is interesting. By whom and on what criteria? Not all colleges are comparable. Despite most having MT qualifications some are more dance focussed, some acting and some triple threat.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

lyndahill wrote:
jennifer1972 wrote:
Can I ask why your DD was put off of Urdang - they are ranked number 1? We are going to their Open day next week for 2018 entry.
Well, bear in mind she made this decision having never been there :roll: I think that a couple of people who she spoke to at other auditions said it felt a bit cliquey. Cliquiness (is that a word?) was a problem at her dance conservatory, so it's that which put her off. I said that she should see for herself, but you know what teenagers are like! :? Urdang has always been her first choice, but a couple of passing comments and everything changes... Also, as she has a couple of offers under her belt already, I think she doesn't want to drag the audition process out any longer. Coming from Spain for each audition makes each audition a military operation!! :lol:
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

jennifer1972 wrote:
Fantastic!!
Thank you! :)
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award