Stage School

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: Stage School

Post by paulears »

Didn't know that, but interesting! I wonder what the production company did?
chivers61
GRAMMY Award

Post by chivers61 »

Only just noticed this thread. Back when it was on I tagged D&B in a tweet saying they had let all colleges down for the sake of some money and free advertising and that parents would be steering their DCs away from them. I was summarily blocked! Also interestingly when the series was on there were some instances of very poor treatment of students with weight issues. One of the vocal coaches who tried to stand up for them (in real life, not on the show) was sacked by email late at night (according to her tweets).
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

I always smile when organisations who really should understand the business get it wrong like this. These are all about entertainment - and everyone should remember that, especially the bosses of the establishments who seem to go in wearing the rose coloured specs and then suddenly get a shock.
chivers61
GRAMMY Award

Post by chivers61 »

paulears wrote:I always smile when organisations who really should understand the business get it wrong like this. These are all about entertainment - and everyone should remember that, especially the bosses of the establishments who seem to go in wearing the rose coloured specs and then suddenly get a shock.
Totally agree. There's a naivety which sometimes beggars belief.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

Also - whenever you watch these programmes, consider the actual shooting. It's rare to send two cameras, so when you see that lovely distant shot, with no cameras visible, and then it cuts to a close up - that is a separation in time - so if the action is continuous, they did it twice! Like a movie, which is what it actually is!
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

They've just announced Series 2... :shock:
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Read this topic and then watched some clips online - I am appalled that a stage school would allow itself to be portrayed like this! Stage schools are not like this and it aggravates me that people who don't perform or have performing children will have a bad perception of Performing Arts Education.
Thalias_Dad
GRAMMY Award

Post by Thalias_Dad »

Watched this for the first time last night. Its bloody awful. Its all about the power and influence of the "teachers" over students being portrayed as bitchy, naïve and stupid. The students no doubt have talent but its like the "teachers" try to supress it for their own ego trip. Perhaps I'm wrong - wont be watching it again though.