The Kids Voice

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

The Kids Voice

Post by lotsolaffs »

Would anyone on here let their child audition for The Voice Kids?
I am just interested in people's opinions about it,I myself am not very keen on the idea!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Kids Voice

Post by ACookie »

I did. It was very professional at the audition stage and she had a great experience. We are waiting to see if she has a recall. I however would not agree to her appearing on the show until I know the exact format of the show and have the reassurances I need to ensure that she won't be set up for humiliation. Having seen some of the clips from other voice kids I think they seem to be sensitive to the fact they are children plus they only feature children who can actually sing unlike x factor.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Hi we did only because DS really wanted to, I think he sang the wrong thing (quite a chorally piece), and when he was told there and then on the spot 'no thank you' whilst others were jumping for joy, it absolutely crushed him. Normally he is very relaxed about these things, but he was absolutely devastated and sobbed all the way home. The talent there was awesome (so well done to your DS ACookie for getting through) So I would say, be aware, if they get through to part 2 on the day then excellent, because then they don't hear until a later date just like normal auditions, but if they don't, they get a a pretty cold 'no thank you' to the face and it is really hard. Personally, we will never again do anything like this, maybe when he is older, but he was definitely one of the younger ones there and it was hard.
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

There is no excuse to be that cold towards a child. I'm saddened to hear this ScoobyDoo. Hugs :cry:
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I'm sorry to hear that as well. Obviously we have only seen the positive so far and I hope that when her time comes to be 'let go', which of course all except 1 will inevitably be, they do it more sensitively. I have my guard up - she is only 9 as well.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Oh sorry to hear that ,poor boy and you .My DD has her audition on Saturday and is really looking forward to it,she really wants to do it too. I know someone who has got through to the researchers round,prior to callbacks in November and has been asked if she definitely wants to do it.
We have struggled with her song choices,one to be a capella and then 2 with a backing track,they choose which one they want to hear should she get that far!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

My DD had a full hour interview with the researchers at her audition as well, not many seemed to get that far, but thousands will have been seen all over the country so we're not holding our breath!! My daughter did a pop song acapella,, and then could redo the same song with a backing track in the second stage. They also asked her to sing a musical theatre number. It's different judges in each stage so it's fine to repeat.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Thanks,good to know . I have no expectations and have to make sure my DD hasn't either!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Good luck to her! Hope she enjoys it. We were at Cardiff back in August and children were just ushered from room to room very quietly - there were no wild celebrations and I only saw a few tears. Hopefully she will have a good time!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Thank you Lotsolaffs and ACookie,
I guess in this game the awful rejection happens to them all at some stage, but my gosh is it awful to deal with. However, the following week he got a part in a local fringe production in Bristol (the Boy in Jim Cartwright's Two) so faith was restored and he did three performances of that last week. Definitely stick with the pop songs, we did High Flight as our a cappella piece and it was wrong choice (but such a lovely piece!). Best best of luck to you all for your recalls \:D/ :D
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Great that he had something to get his teeth into afterwards. My DD was cut first round of pantomime auditions last week and was devestated, she was convinced that her dancing was to blame but worse dancers were kept in. It took a few days to get over,however she auditioned for The Wiz in her school production and just told me now that she will be Dorothy.
I hope she won't want to do The Voice Kids now! Acookie we will have to keep in touch with what happens,good luck.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Oh that's great Scoobydoo - is that the one at the Alma? We are in Bristol as well.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Yes ACookie, it was! He really enjoyed it, it was only a small role, but very different from what he has done before, and being only 8, he felt ever so grown up!! You don't happen to be at BSPA as well do you?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

No we're not BSPA although I was over there only last week for the Jo Hawes workshop with my daughter :-) She's doing the chitty auditions in a few weeks time as she's 9. She's in Fiddler on the Roof at the hippodrome in 2 weeks time as well, so keeping busy!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Oh we were there for Jo Hawes too, DS did the 11 am session. Lucky you, we are only 8 so can't do the Chitty auditions, best of luck with that and so fantastic that she got Fiddler on the Roof, what a great gig. DS did Priscilla at Hippodrome (that was his first biggie) a few months ago and LOVED it. Although not doing Chitty, we might be up there that day as my husband runs the BSPA agency, will PM you if so and we can meet for a cup of tea xxx