Wilkes Academy

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Wilkes Academy

Post by lyndahill »

Hi all. My DD isn't yet looking at training as she is in Year 9 but we went to Move It at the weekend and I have to say that I was so impressed by the showcases by Wilkes Academy. I had never heard of them but to me, their performances were outstanding and memorable. Urdang and Jelli Studios (again not heard of) were also very good but Wilkes was just amazing. When the time comes my DD will certainly be going to their audition days. Move It was really good, our first time and it gave her a lot of insights in to the world of performing arts colleges. She took many classes and was even offered a free Easter School at MPA College for doing outstanding work in their masterclass. She can't wait for next year as there are more opportunities at the age of 15, to be awarded a scholarship audition day, or free holiday courses. :D
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Re: Wilkes Academy

Post by bethjaneg »

We were also at Move It and agree that the Wilkes Academy performances were outstanding. I've been telling everyone about it so glad to hear other people like it too.
Dixie37
BRIT Award

Post by Dixie37 »

I know someone who is going there in September. They auditioned there with lots of the other places and it went from being a back up option to being top of the list. If you have meet the people that run it they are lovely to chat to, passionate about their college and their students. Definately an up and coming college. Lots probably don't choose it as they do a BTEC Level 3 rather than the Level 6 Diploma, however their students are able to work throughout the 3 years. Their fees are also alot cheaper.
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Post by jooles »

My dd is starting in September :) we live in London and were offered London colleges all with dada/scholarships but she has eventually chosen to go to Wilkes...even though it's in Swindon! She went along to their open day and she loved it immediately so auditioned. They have only been running 3 years so their first set of graduates are leaving this year. It's a very forward thinking college,very current teachers and also very friendly. They really aim to train triple threat performers and their commercial dance is exceptional. DD is very excited :D