Chitty Chitty Bang Bang auditions

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mrs_J
Nominee

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang auditions

Post by Mrs_J »

First post so be nice! :D
Just seen this online. I think it starts in Leeds then it is being toured next year
Would you like to be in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
We are looking for three girls and three boys, aged between 9 & 11, (No taller than 4' 7") to form three teams to play Jemima and Jeremy Potts in our Christmas production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. We also need two teams of sixteen young performers, both girls and boys, aged between 7 and 14 and (under 5' 2") to play the other children in the show. You'll need to be able to sing, dance and act.
Jemima Potts
Must be aged 9 - 11 (playing age of 10 and under 4' 7")

Jeremy Potts
Must be aged 9 - 11 (playing age of 10 and under 4' 7")

Young Performers
Must be aged between 7 and 14 and under 5' 2"

Auditions will take place at West Yorkshire Playhouse on the following dates: Initial auditions will take place in groups and last approximately one and a half hours each.
Jeremy and Jemima Potts, Auditions: Sunday 5 July from 10am until 7pm with re calls on Saturday 18 July or Sunday 19 July (time to be confirmed).
Children's chorus auditions: Sunday 19 July from 10am until 7pm

If you're chosen to be in the production, you'll need to commit to:
Rehearsals from 12 October 2015, mainly evenings (i.e. 4.30pm onwards) and Saturdays.
Technical & Dress Rehearsals from 23 November - 2 December which will be more intensive and will require time off school.
Performances from 3 December 2015 - 30 January 2016.

Being involved in a professional production at the Playhouse is a big commitment - not just for the young performers but for their parents or guardians as well. You'll need to take some time off school for final rehearsals and performances so we'll need to get the consent of your Head Teacher and a performance licence from the Education Authority.

If you'd like to audition, please phone our Box Office on 0113 213 7700 to book an audition and get a registration form. You will need to state which audition you are applying for.

Once your place is confirmed you will be contacted with further information.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang auditions

Post by lyndahill »

Can someone , if you are able, put the other venue auditions on here please - DD would like to for a sewer kid
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

Hi everyone
I think this is a local Christmas production, not the national tour one.
Julie
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Hi everyone, although this is starting in Leeds, an 8 week run, it is them apparently going on tour! The WYP (West Yorkshire Playhouse) website states so anyway! Unfortunately dd is too tall! But is going for White Christmas around the same time locally anyway so not too disappointed.
We got an e-mail about it yesterday evening.
Mrs_J
Nominee

Post by Mrs_J »

I think it's the same one as Jo Hawes is doing if you look on her website. Same adult cast for chitty but not sure what happens with the children's roles for the tour. Still a good role for northern kids instead of London!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Francescas mum - is F to tall for Jemima or the young performers as well? - T is still so small, only 4 foot 9 so wants to go for ensemble kids when it's in our area.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

I don't think these auditions are for the national tour, but a production before it. The reason I say this is that the auditions for Jeremy and Jemima will be held elsewhere and they MUST live within a commutable distance of London.
Only the sewer kids will be cast locally for the National Tour.
Trundlemum
BRIT Award

Post by Trundlemum »

Dwafffamily wrote:I don't think these auditions are for the national tour, but a production before it. The reason I say this is that the auditions for Jeremy and Jemima will be held elsewhere and they MUST live within a commutable distance of London.
Only the sewer kids will be cast locally for the National Tour.
I think you're right, looks like a local production, and a very good one at that!!!
http://www.wyp.org.uk/what's-on/2015/ch ... bang-bang/
Mrs_J
Nominee

Post by Mrs_J »

The Jeremy & Jemima's plus sewer kids are being cast local for the Leeds production. Then the whole adult cast will continue onto the uk tour after leeds in january and Jo Hawes will cast the J & J for the uk tour plus cast local kids. My son was too tall for Jeremy but have a friends son going for role in leeds next sat. Good luck to all! Be interesting to hear who the adult cast will be too....
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

DD wanted to audition for Jemima as soon as she heard this was coming to WYP( we got some initial info month ago) but is 4'10" so too tall for Jemima. Leeds is 50 minutes away and she's been a sewer kid before so whilst she fits the brief for those roles we were not thinking of going for sewer child, as it happens we will be in Italy when the initial auditions are on anyway, so probably for the best that she didn't fit the criteria. However there is a local production of White Christmas she wants to audition for and the rehearsals would clash if she got in anyway so she's not too disappointed! Good luck to those who go for this. She had a great time when she did CCBB last time and it was her first experience of being on the BIG stage.
Luckyred3
Nominee

Post by Luckyred3 »

Hi. We're new here. My daughter auditioned for jemima on sunday. It was her first audition EVER! Lol. We haven't heard anything yet and not sure how it works, will we be notified either way with any feedback or will we only hear if she has a call back?
Thanks.
bounding
BRIT Award

Post by bounding »

My DD has been recalled for this on Sunday
They say there is nothing to prepare which seems strange. Has anyone any idea what they may be doing specifically. I know it will be singing , dancing, acting. But what kind of thing? They are looking for 3 Jemimas. Any ideas anyone about how many will be recalled approx?
Luckyred3
Nominee

Post by Luckyred3 »

Hi, my daughter has also been recalled. no idea what will be expected of them, our first audition experience!!
daisydoodle
BRIT Award

Post by daisydoodle »

Well done for those who've been recalled :D I can't wait to go and see the show - My DD was at the audition on Sunday but we got an email today to say she's not been called back. She'll be disappointed but has other things on the go so will soon get over it!
Luckyred3
Nominee

Post by Luckyred3 »

Aww daisydoodle :( good she has other things to concentrate on though. We are so new to all of this. My daughter will take whatever happens in her stride, and we will work at finding more things for her to have a go at. Not sure about other but as a newbie I am more nervous that she is!