September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Re: September 2015

Post by suesmith »

Yes looking forward to it - what day are you going? dd cast B but double cast for 30 seconds in one number so will have to do first half of every show :roll: Which cast is your dd? xx
SelBel
Nominee

Post by SelBel »

Totally understand, hope the show goes well.
SelBel
Nominee

Post by SelBel »

If your daughter/son has accepted a place at Performers I would be interested to hear from anybody with any advice about accommodation etc.
notgotaclue
Nominee

Post by notgotaclue »

Hi Selbel, my DS is off to Performers in September, we have chosen accommodation with a landlady who will provide him with cooked meals etc. From the phone calls we have made, we have been told that these spaces are going VERY quickly, so if you were looking for accommodation with a landlady you would need to be quick.
I'm not too sure about flat sharing as we felt that our DS would be better for at least the first year with a landlady.

Sorry I can't help further! x
SelBel
Nominee

Post by SelBel »

Hi, my DD is 18 and I think she wants to house/flat share, so need to find other students that are also planning on doing that so she can make contact with them. I guess if we can't find out who else is in the same boat we will just have to find her somewhere and hope other performers students choose the same house/flat. Thank you for getting back to me though.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

The houses on the list are in all likelihood 'just' for performers students - there isn't much else there as far as I can see

Edited to add I sent you a PM
Last edited by Katymac on Sat May 23, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SelBel
Nominee

Post by SelBel »

I thought they would be just for Performers students - just need to find a house/flat and some flatmates now!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Katymac wrote:DD has finally decided she is going to Performers

I am so relieved she has made a decision & I can start making plans =D> \:D/ =D>
Really pleased for your DD Kaymac - I have always had my fingers crossed for her!

T has been a student at Conti's Tunbridge Wells for over 5 years now - under the tuition of Chris Baldock from Performers and I can honestly say he has inspired T. Chris's choreography and his teaching methods are second to none and I know that he alone would be a strong argument for Performers as a choice !!

I expect it's a relief it's now all sorted for you....ours is yet to come :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I can't tell you what a relief it all is for me (not her you note!)I feel we have been doing this since 2013!!

She has a fab house with a great flatmate and a great landlady - she knows how to get around, & how to feed herself (money handling is still a bit of an issue - the show has cost a fortune!!) we really are moving forward into adulthood (driving lessons on the horizon)

Chris has said the pre-voc show is amazing (but perhaps he says that every year) & I can't wait to see it - I wonder if they do a video
Robsmumma
GRAMMY Award

Post by Robsmumma »

Cast B too Sue. That's lucky. Was in cast A for the 'short number' but managed to swap with her double. We are going both Saturday shows so probably see you there x
Dancingmad
Nominee

Post by Dancingmad »

Hi pandora67, my Dd heard from Conti early May re Dada, we are both going on Tuesday 26th, hope to see you both there. :)
pandora67
Nominee

Post by pandora67 »

Hi Dancingmad thanks for the info re Dada. My DD auditioned end if March. Got offer letter within a week but news of Dada we're still awaiting and it's a little frustrating!
ryans mum
Nominee

Post by ryans mum »

My son has been offered places on degree courses in MT at Mountview and Trinity Laban. Can anyone give me any information on the Trinity course or which has the better reputation?

Thank you.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Don't know much about Trinity Laban but Mountvuew has a very good rep for MT
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

Trinity Laban is well known for contemporary whereas Mountview is very well respected for MT! I haven't heard as much about Trinity for MT but think that its considered a top notch dance school.

Congrats to your ds and good luck with his decision!