Anybody ever been to a premiere?!

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Anybody ever been to a premiere?!

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Mad I know - suddenly I am attending the Avengers movie premiere in London in 10 days with DS. Am just a (large) middle aged housewife from Yorkshire - I know they won't be looking at me (thank god!!) but what should I wear? Is a long dress too OTT (maxis are in fashion I believe?).

DS will go in jeans, blazer & converse or dinner suit and converse so he's sorted - just me panicking!

Anybody been to this sort of thing before? Very excited but ... please help!
begolina
BAFTA Award

Re: Anybody ever been to a premiere?!

Post by begolina »

I know what you mean. I remember when it was easy for me to look good in almost everything, now I try lots of thing and often leave with nothing. If I could I would be wearing jeans and converse :D Have a great time!
(P.S. I found easier to find the right stuff in one of TKMaxx chain because of the huge variety of different dresses, I would go for something elegant but "wereable" also in other occasions)
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

fartoomuchtodo that is very exciting, but I would have the same dilemma!! It is so much easier for our kids ;) Just enjoy it! It will be an absolutely amazing evening I'm sure, and I bet you will look fabulous - tell us all about it afterwards :) x
Humph
GRAMMY Award

Post by Humph »

Hi DS & I went to the Johnny Depp Lone Ranger Premier last year in Lecister Sq absolutely anything goes - it was fun to spot the " stars " . After the all arrived we went in for free popcorn & the cast took to the stage whilst the Director spoke about making the film & introduced the cast - we all then watched the film - Have great night :D
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Thanks everyone - ridiculous how much fuss this has caused. DS decided he wanted a suit so have spent last 2 days hunting one down (let's just say he's the right width for his age - just 2 feet too short, why do most boys clothes stop at age 12!), then he wanted DMs etc etc. Anyway, I've got a nice new handbag and a lipstick :D Sure we'll have fun - kinda hoping Mr Downey Jnr might be there ;)
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

I hope you're going to be wearing more than a new lipstick :shock: You'll certainly attract the attention of Robert Downey Jr (and everyone else :D ). Have a fabulous time with your young man.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Of course not - she'll have a handbag too! :lol: :lol:
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Now there's an idea possiblypushy - would solve all my dilemmas but would def put everybody off their free popcorn :lol:
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Have loads of fun - I bet you'll look amazing - just relax and enjoy the brilliant opportunity. :D
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

If go for an LBD - can't ever go wrong with that. Well done to your DS. Bet you'll be so proud when you see him on the (very) big screen. X
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

Many many years ago we bought tickets for the premiere to Shadowlands in Newcastle, and I thought that just meant the night it was released. So after a day a work I travelled in to meet hubby for quick bite and to do a bit of grocery shopping. We arrived at the cinema to find a small gathering, cue the photographers taking pictures of Richard Attenborough with me standing right behind him looking like some bag lady. Really, I do seem to wander into peculiar situations :oops:

So at least you KNOW you need to get a bit smartened up and brush your hair!

Hope you enjoy every moment!
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Gatesheadangel - :lol: :lol: :lol: made my morning!
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Gatesheadangel wrote:Many many years ago we bought tickets for the premiere to Shadowlands in Newcastle, and I thought that just meant the night it was released. So after a day a work I travelled in to meet hubby for quick bite and to do a bit of grocery shopping. We arrived at the cinema to find a small gathering, cue the photographers taking pictures of Richard Attenborough with me standing right behind him looking like some bag lady. Really, I do seem to wander into peculiar situations :oops:

So at least you KNOW you need to get a bit smartened up and brush your hair!

Hope you enjoy every moment!
soooo funny!!!!! Suprised he didn't ask for your autograph :lol:
snookienoo
BRIT Award

Post by snookienoo »

How exciting! We have been to a premiere at Leicester Square, like you I couldn't decide what to wear, went for a long dress and high heels (as i'm on the small side). I had my 3 ds's with me and they went in smart shirts and dark jeans. At the entrance they took ds's photo in front of all the photographers and then we went in to a reception room where they served nibbles and drinks. After that all the cast went on stage and talked abit about the film and that was pretty much it. Don't forget to charge your camera as you'll be taking lots of pictures. Have a fantastic time xx
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Well we went and we had a very exciting time! I came with a few feet of Mr Downey Jnr (swoon!). DS loved it and the film was phenomenal (if it's your sort of thing of course). As for what to wear - I shouldn't have worried nor gone to as much effort as I did - there was everything from jeans & T-shirt to LBD but no ballgowns etc. Mr RDJ was wearing jeans, T-Shirt, trainers and a tail coat :D; DS looked very cool in his 'almost' 3 piece suit 8) . I would post a piccie but I don't know how!!