How Do I Contact StarNow SO CROSS

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

How Do I Contact StarNow SO CROSS

Post by Irishdancer »

In January I canceled DS subscription to StarNow new payment was dew 28th Febuary so I canceled it in January to make sure it was canceled in time, they have taken another £35 out today phoned up bank held on for 25 mins looks like I have to pay and try and cancel next payment. I looked at help/contact a I can see are answers to questions can not see any where to click to email them to complain. There is nothing in there for Ds so looks like we have to pay another 3 months for nothing as it's useless for Ds so cross. When I canceled in January I tried to apply for some thing and could not just wanted to make sure that it had gone through. I am so cross how do I stop this company from doing this again
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: How Do I Contact StarNow SO CROSS

Post by sapphire »

I think the only way to contact them is by email. There is a contact us option on the subscription page: http://www.starnow.co.uk/help/Subscription.aspx

Hope you can get it sorted!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Thanks message sent will let you know what they say
Darmont
GRAMMY Award

Post by Darmont »

hi Irish dancer, after your email I checked my account as we tried Star Now for 6 months and was expecting to renew it if we wanted after that. I hid my dd's profile as decided it was not the right route for her, but they have automatically debited me as well £29. I have emailed too as no other way of contacting them. Let me know if you have a reply or any luck with them.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

I cancelled my DD's subscription last year and had no problems - have things changed??
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Hiding a profile isn't the same as cancelling - it still allows you to apply for jobs.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Do you have to give card details? I think it is harder if you do that as they can do it automatically. If it is a direct debit cancel with the bank.I had this trouble when I gave card details on lone as a subscription to something.Some companies make it very hard for you to cancel. So annoying for you hope you get it sorted.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

I got this reply Thanks for getting in touch.

As you have contacted us within 10 days of payment, we are happy to cancel and refund your Full Membership payment (minus our admin fee of 2.50).

Please allow up to seven working days for this to reach your account.

Please note that any audition or job that you have applied for will be automatically cancelled, and you will go back to a Basic Membership. That means your profile will no longer appear in front of casting professionals in the Talent Directory.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
looks like they are trying it on, if you do not contact them with in 10 days of them taking it out of your account they you can't get it back. I canceled subscription so this should not have happened very naughty of them luckily I am on a low budget so look at my bank account every day, so looks like even if you cancel subscription they still take money out of account when it would be taken out and if you don't nottice until after the 10 days won't get money back. They are taking out a admin fee of £2.50 not right it was there error not mine another way of getting money from us they have 1000s on there site so could be making a lot of money out of it so wrong ds will never pay for this site again. He is with KCCP get it for fee as was one of the first who joined they gave the first couple of 1000 free membership but when he has to go the CCP has to pay.
Darmont
GRAMMY Award

Post by Darmont »

Oh wow just got a full refund from them, that's good. They took payment from me automatically on 22nd Jan and I told them I had not intended to renew. I have also cancelled my subscription with PayPal now too so all sorted.. Phew!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Glad you got a refund but if you and me had not notticed so quickly and it was over 10 days then we would not get are money back, when you cancel they should not take any money and it was there fault not ares they should not take £2.50 admin charge they are making lots of money out of people who canceled its so wrong.
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Glad you both got a refund ... but totally agree that charging an admin fee for something that was their mistake is SO wrong!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Got my money back less £2.50 admin charge not happy they charged me this as it was there error not mine they must be making a lot of money out of us by doing this so wrong will never join them again.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Ds has tweeted StarNow asking why they charge £2.50 to give back money they should not have taken in the first place will be intreated to see what they say
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

They have asked him to email them, said they are doing it to other people that it's not on if we cancel don't expect money to be taken out of are account and if they do they should not charge an admin fee as it was there error not ares. I love Twitter
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Well after telling ds to email them on Twitter ds emailed them no reply just hope lots have read my post and know to look out for them taking money out of there account even thought they canceled and can ask for there money back before the 10 days are up don't know how legal this is though as its there error not are's