BFG film

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Re: BFG film

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

Dwafffamily wrote:No, for role of Sophie still, madness that they are now conducting 2nd recalls whilst also still holding 1st rounds, don't think they know what they're looking for :shock:
Some third meetings I've heard as well... I know two girls, one age 11 on her 1st recall and one age 9 on her 2nd recall. I agree, still seems pretty undecided.
James C
BRIT Award

Post by James C »

Are there any boys in this?
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

Don't know, but if there are then none have been called to audition yet.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

I don't remember there being any in the book, but they might need them if they decide to do school or orphanage scenes I guess. Don't recall boys having a big role in the book though.
oldmama
Nominee

Post by oldmama »

I can confirm that they seem to be still looking for Sophie. Don‘t know why because they must have seen thousands of girls by now! My dd had an audition today and am sure she must be one of at least 50!
unpaidtaxi
BRIT Award

Post by unpaidtaxi »

Oldmama, did your dd get much notice for the casting? I've heard of some getting only 24 hours!!
oldmama
Nominee

Post by oldmama »

Unpaidtaxi it was 48 hours for dd.
mariaandrew7
Nominee

Post by mariaandrew7 »

My dd has an audition on Friday - we were told about it on Tuesday and given quite a lot of script to learn. I guess whoever gets the part will need to be able to learn reams of script very quickly! ;)
Sweets
Nominee

Post by Sweets »

For those who have had auditions, how soon after the audition have you been contacted with a yes/no? Indeed, does the CD even let you know if you are unsuccessful or do you just assume if you've not heard in a while then it's a no?
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

In this business, usually you get no answer and assume it's a "no", or get a recall and its a "yes"......sometimes the only way you can determine if you had a "no" or not, is if you see other children being called back for another round and you don't get an email or a call from your agent - such a harsh way of dealing with it but I guess they have thousands of kids that they've seen.

For musical theatre - we've had a couple of really nice emails along with our "no" which has been really appreciated, but it's not usually the case.

I wouldn't think they've made any decisions either way yet - unless the recall on Friday is for another round - I think the girls recalled so far are still at the stage with the 6-7 pages of script and being filmed individually for consideration by the production team.

don't panic and keep the faith :)
Sweets
Nominee

Post by Sweets »

Thanks very much Catkat!
unpaidtaxi
BRIT Award

Post by unpaidtaxi »

Thank you oldmama. It's a shame they don't give more notice.
unpaidtaxi
BRIT Award

Post by unpaidtaxi »

Catkat, have they not started recalls after the script reading session yet? What I mean is, have all the casting recalls been based on improv up until now and reading the script is near the end of the process? Is that the way it is usually done? Sorry for so many questions.....
oldmama
Nominee

Post by oldmama »

Unpaidtaxi. The individual audition to camera with script narrows it down. The lucky chosen few from this I presume will go on to audition further.Think what‘s happening here is that they seem to be casting the net wide. So, girls are in different stages of the process at the mo. They‘re really searching and I Do hope it will be an ‘unknown‘
unpaidtaxi
BRIT Award

Post by unpaidtaxi »

Thank you oldmama