Twitter

Chat with new friends about anything

Moderator: busybusybusy

Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Re: Twitter

Post by Ditzi »

emi's mum wrote:Mine is @smacdonnell1 if anyone wants to introduce themselves on Twitter. Sometimes I use it a lot but sometimes not....I sort of dip in and out. x
Hi emi's mum, I'm now following you on twitter @leeteandreia :)
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

riverdancefan wrote:I am @riverdancefan, some I already know :-)
Hacked off with FB and prefer twitter at the moment
Hi riverdancefans, we already are twitter friends. I'm @leeteandreia
SM7
BRIT Award

Post by SM7 »

Last edited by SM7 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calon-lan
BRIT Award

Post by Calon-lan »

Hashtags seem to be a way of grouping together tweets that are about the same thing or a common group. You just put the hashtag symbol # in front of a key word - for example, I recently tweeted about a quilt I was making for the Children in Need charity, so I added #RedNoseDay or #ChildrenInNeed into my tweets about the quilt.

The common theme can then be easily found by people searching for the topic - I take part in an on-line craft event a few times a year and we try and retweet each other's tweets to increase the advertising. So to save time searching among the 100s of tweets in my feed, I just type in #CRAFTfest in the search field at the top of the page and up they all pop - even tweets from people I am not currently following.

Of course, it only works if other people have used the #tag for a particular phrase. You will find loads for big events such as Red NoseDay, famous celebs, or even productions such as as lots of people are tweeting about these. And of course, lots of different groups can use the same phrase - for example I just searched for #childrenstheatre to see what would happen and got tweets from a lot of different groups across the world - great if you are just browsing, not so good if you are looking fora particular one!

I couldn't find any #NAPM or #NotaPushyMum, so no one has used these yet with a #. I couldn't find this site as a Twitter account either - not yet anyway!

Thank you Lakeview for your suggestions of who to follow - I've already taken a look - brilliant - and I've followed you too. We have some common causes - I also love musical theatre and I'm an accountant - albeit in the NHS! If you, or anyone else, comes across any good twitter accounts from people who are into stage costume design - can you please let me know - you'll find me on Twitter @TheOldButton or on my blog http://theoldbutton.blogspot.co.uk/
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

Try this https://twitter.com/notapushymum I agree Calon Ian we should use the #NAPM hashtag
Calon-lan
BRIT Award

Post by Calon-lan »

emi's mum wrote:Try this https://twitter.com/notapushymum I agree Calon Ian we should use the #NAPM hashtag
Thank you emi's mum - I just followed it. :D
obsteve
GRAMMY Award

Post by obsteve »

Hi everyone,

I am new to twitter - my colleague did all of that social media side of things but she has recently left the company and I am trying to get my head round it

:shock:

TBH it is all very new and confusing to me and among other things I am paranoid about having bad netiquette!

Just to let you know, recently I have followed some of you good followers of the NAPM twitter account, I hope that's all right with you guys :)

Steve

@act2cam
Click on the image above to go to our website
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

I've been using Twitter for a few months and have just about got to grips with it, though on searching some items I came across young people tweeting in some sort of illegible code. My 14 year old appears to understand it but said I was too old and embarrassing. Well we all knew that anyway.

I wondered about the etiquette if your actor child sets up a twitter page. I have followed a couple where I recognise them from something and then do' Li ke's or occasional encouraging comments, working in a school office I enjoy having lots of positive interactions with kids and feel my Twitter following is a similar thing. But then I wondered if it'S a bit creepy since I don't actually know these children or their parents. A tricky tightrope sometimes...