London Hotels

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

London Hotels

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

I'm having a bit of a dilemma & I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me out!

I'm going to London June 18th-June 20th (dates aren't flexible as we already have theatre tickets booked) & we'd normally stay in the Covent Garden Travelodge which on both our previous trips has been £73 a night...checked for June and those nights where £97 & now gone up to £129...there is no way we can afford that.

So basically can anyone recommend any good hotels? ideally in the Covent Garden/Leicester Square area

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you :)
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: London Hotels

Post by islandofsodor »

We normally stay at Premier Inn but I've checked those dates and its really expensive. More expensive than we paid last year during the Olympics. I wonder why?
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

islandofsodor wrote:We normally stay at Premier Inn but I've checked those dates and its really expensive. More expensive than we paid last year during the Olympics. I wonder why?
It does seem really expensive & I was wondering why too, I can't think of anything specific going on in London then & it's not school holidays or anything :/
Grace125
GRAMMY Award

Post by Grace125 »

I know they are a bit further out but Twickenham Travelodge has rooms for £27 a night on those dates and Hounslow Travelodge (which has only just opened) has them for £23 a night. Not used either of these before but I know the area well and both are close to stations, Twickenham is next to the train station where you can get a train to Waterloo to only takes about 20mins if you get the fast train and Hounslow is near Hounslow Central tube which is on the Piccadilly Line. As both hotels are new too they should be fine to stay in even though I have no experience of either so I can't say so for certain I have stayed in the Teddington one close by before though and that was good.