Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

cellblocktango
BRIT Award

Re: Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Post by cellblocktango »

they measured height for the costumes obviously, but i don't think it actually matters. Hair seems to be the main focus
"Did you know that real Warblers won’t sing alone?"
Lolalou
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lolalou »

Okay observations from today's casting at Northampton....those successful were younger men with floppy curtain hair, ladies and gentlemen over 60 with characterful faces any style hair, bearded men, younger ladies with natural unstyled long brown hair, middle parting no fringe undyed...casting agent went up the line picking them out which made the process quick and efficient...he said he was looking for VERY SPECIFIC types. Apart from older people twas all about hair! Personally I would not bother if you do not fit the types above...dyed and shorter hair and fringes seemed to be a no no...
I was there to support hubby who was seen measured and photographed within an hour of arriving. Call was for 10am he was seen at 9.30 So early start paid off...queue not too bad as we left though as they are weeding out people periodically. With his greying beard and olive skin hub has the look of a French homeless vagrant lol :) so fingers crossed! Quite a few glamorous types upset they were picking people who looked a 'little rough round the edges' what did they expect?? This is Les Miserables! :shock:
Notaluvvie
Nominee

Post by Notaluvvie »

Thanks for that Lolalou, very helpful. Was going to go to the Winchester (where i live) casting but as I'm short, under 60, slightly rotund and with short hair ... I don't think I'd be picked LOL
Laughter is good for the soul ....
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Winchester has been cancelled its a shame as two floppy haired nephews were going :(
Lolalou
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lolalou »

Oh what a shame about the cancellation - have you tried getting in touch with universal extras who are running the castings? Would hurry up though a they say they are filming middle of March.