Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Re: Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Post by shortguy »

It has been put out absolutely everywhere including the job centres!
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

shortguy wrote:It has been put out absolutely everywhere including the job centres!
It's on StarNow too as well! These castings are going to be mad :roll:
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

One mother on the FB page even asked if she could bring her 1 year old if she couldnt get child care ](*,) ](*,) :roll: :roll:

Its becoming a joke and the professional extras are all starting to boycott it!
Iona
Nominee

Post by Iona »

Hi everyone, I attended the Chatham audition today! I thought I would write this out for anyone maybe browsing the site randomly and doesn't know what to expect and all you lovely regulars thinking about going!

I got there one and a half hours early and there was only a handful of us, so you could tell that we had done this before! We where instantly put into a room out of the cold where we waited for about fifteen minutes for one of the extras casting directors came and spoke to us. They gave out application forms with general details of payments and we filled in days we could do e.t.c. Each form had a number on it as I'm sure you all know (I was number 17, my lucky number! Hehe) and then about twenty minutes later we where all taken to the next building for measurements and photos. My experience was really good, everyone was really friendly and the early start really paid off. We ended up leaving at 10.00am, when the casting was due to open and from then on it was manic. As we left the building I would estimate there where already seven hundred people there already? The building was open with seven rooms for application forms, but these where all full and people where already queueing outside and gathering at a bottom car park in a disorganised fashion about 500 meters away? This was at 10am, when the casting was meant to start. One of my friends attended, getting there at 10.15 and she was sent away early at 2.45.. from everything else I have heard people where queue jumping, running to the front doors, crowding through the bridge that the queue went through.. absolute chaos. Apparently this was caused by the news report that broadcasted last night and wasn't actually meant to, but anyway yes, complete shambles with hundreds of people left cold and disappointed. I seriously suggest to anyone thinking about going to one of these in the near future, go as early as you possibly can and aim to get there before the opening times to avoid disappointment. I can't imagine how those people must have felt.. There was so much confusion and people with dyed unnatural hair, facial piercings, tattoos, all things that the casting specifically said not to have where being seen, yet others where not. Absolute shame!
Best of luck everyone thinking of attending one of these, I hope this helped you in some way and that you get seen or even better chosen! :D
-Iona XX
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

good luck Iona !! [-o< [-o<
we were going to get there early too , you really do need to.
In the end DS got called into his regular work and could not say no - se he didn't go to Chatham - sounds like what I expected though !!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Iona
Nominee

Post by Iona »

riverdancefan wrote:good luck Iona !! [-o< [-o<
we were going to get there early too , you really do need to.
In the end DS got called into his regular work and could not say no - se he didn't go to Chatham - sounds like what I expected though !!
Thank you so much riverdancefan! I always lurk on here and everyone is so so lovely and supportive! :D
Hopefully you will be seeing more of me as I try and make my way in this big scary industry! I'm not holding out much hope for today though, due to the sheer amount of people there today! I don't think I look starving enough! Haha! I really really hope you DS can make it to another casting soon, I hear some are happening in London? (: Break a leg! :D :D :D
-Iona XXX
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

My DS hoping to go to London next Sunday but not sure at the moment!

Good luck!
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Iona
Nominee

Post by Iona »

There where so many unhappy people, but I was surprised that not many took the initiative to arrive earlier.. I know it's easy for me to say that having done these before but like I said, in comparison to those that turned up, there where only a handful of people that arrived early with me! Total shame for those left outside though :/ XX
ET1994
BRIT Award

Post by ET1994 »

Open auditions this sunday at guildhall school of music and drama 10 am till 4pm :) unfortunately cannot attend myself as have rehearsals for a performance at royal albert hall, have already asked and they will not allow me to miss rehearsals :( but i do have a few west end auditions coming up soon so not all bad news :) good luck to anybody auditioning :) xx
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

DS has decided not to go on Sunday (he has a speed awareness course booked anyway :roll: :roll: ) but has emailed his details to them as they have been asking for skinny people to get in touch. Much easier!!
Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jellybabies »

do you happen to know their email address? :)
Northernkids
GRAMMY Award

Post by Northernkids »

This might be better for you:-

If you know anyone who is particularly slim or skinny who is based in the Kent, London, Winchester, Portsmouth or Northampton area please ask them to email through there details to: info@universalextras.co.uk if they wish to take part.

The details we require are:

Full Name:

Contact number:

Height:

Basic measurements (Chest, Waist, Inside Leg, Shoe, Collar, or dress, bra, waist, shoe etc):

Whether you drive:

A current head shot photo of yourself & body shot in either shorts or underwear for men, and Bikini or underwear for women (digital head-shot please in front of a plain background i.e. a plain wall taken with a digital camera)
cellblocktango
BRIT Award

Post by cellblocktango »

i just got home from the portsmouth casting, having got there at about quarter to 8 and being done by 9.
a few warnings to those planning to attend any of the future ones:
they were checking the queue as the went and turning away those who 'weren't worth measuring and photographing' because they knew they had no chance. I saw people turned away for piercings, highlights, bleached hair (LOADS of those!!) and unnatural hair colours (purple hair in the 19th century anyone??)
If you have any piercings, take them out. If your hair is unnaturally coloured, dye it (i dyed out my highlights especially for this) or you won't even get through the door.
After you're let in you simply fill in the form, get measured then get photographed. Done in less than 15 minutes!
It was a great experience for me, but I'd really recommend getting there EARLY (i was the last person in the first batch they let inside and I was there an hour and a bit before it was due to start)
i hope this helps a few confused types, good luck everyone!
"Did you know that real Warblers won’t sing alone?"
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Hi did height seem an issue wondered if folk were smaller in those days nephew is going very thin 6ft 3