X factor 2011

Moderator: busybusybusy

xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Re: X factor 2011

Post by xebonykissesx »

In the same boat as cazzy lou :) only ever liked Dianas bootcamp audition, but have never actually liked her or her voice really. I'm a little bit in love with Janet though, and really like her voice.
I actually don't really think very much of Jade, i thought her audition was really overrated and i don't think she has a strong voice at all really.
I quite like Amelia? I think her 'look' is a bit too much but i think her voice is amazing for a sixteen year old.

Definitely i think the girls category is the strongest, but nobody at all 'stands out' for me as a worldwide star if im completely honest. Although i do think The risk have the potential to do well, but as Tulisa pointed out, the boyband market is a bit crowded at the moment.

Also, i wonder why the chinese woman decided not to go ahead? I don't like Louis choices at all, i like him, and he brings entertaining people to the show, but on the flip hand he makes it a bit of a laughing stock. To be fair, Jedward have been rather successful, but is Kitty even mildly likeable? (sure i know theres editing) but even what she actually says is arrogant, and jumping in the pool after her audition...not my cup of tea [-X
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

I Suppose it depends what sort of voice appeals to your ear,I am glad Jade went as don't enjoy that sort of 'big' voice,I like a voice that isn't played with someone that just sings how it is,usually prefer mens voices.
We will all have favourites,Janet is lovely,hope they don't try and change her too much,would be a shame.
Al the groups blend in to one,but early days,we will see....nice hearing all the opinions :D

Oh and Bruno,lots of girls were singing 'your song' in kareoke Butlins,must be popular choice.
STEFFYSMUM
GRAMMY Award

Post by STEFFYSMUM »

yeah its great to hear all the different oppinions. must be popular song as lots at pontins singing your song to a couple of years ago. maybe thats why my dd won it that time coz she done something different lol
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Must admit preferring strictly come dancing at the minute,it makes me laugh :D
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Russel Grant is a legend...
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Producers had promised a big twist to kick off the live segment of the series to keep the show "fresh".

It means there will be no public vote to decide the contestants who are given the chop - just the judges.

The wannabes were informed on Wednesday of the plan, with judges explaining it is to ensure they are up to the task of performing on-stage.

Walsh said "it's all to play for" and show bosses hope the new twist will encourage the acts to "step up a gear to the live stage".

Contestants looked shocked as they were told the news, with Frankie Cocozza, Kitty Brucknell and girl group Rhythmix looking most surprised. But judges were given a round of applause after they had explained to the final 16.

Each judge will put three of their four acts through to next week's show.

Barlow told them: "There's going to be no public vote - instead each judge must vote off one of their acts.

"This is the X Factor stage - it's one thing singing by the pool but it all changes here. This is where stars are born, like Leona - it's all going to feel very different on Saturday."
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

Well that feels like quite a good idea I guess - the judges would have no benefit not to vote off their worst act, although is it an attempt to stop the public from being able to keep in one of the noticeably terrible acts?
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I don't watch X factor, but this sounds like a good idea. because in previous years some real dross has got through for the 'laugh' factor!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Really liked 'The Risk', Craig, and Janet tonight, but more because I just love that Coldplay song - but I was surprised how well she sung it ! -

What did Louis do to Johnny ? ;) Kitty's eyemake-up was a bit OTT
I think 'James' will go out of the boys, and JohnJoe out of the over 25s, and Nu Vibe or Two Shoes will go for the groups, but no idea who will go out of the girls ???
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Think it will be Amelia but hard choice!
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Genevieve wrote:I think 'James' will go out of the boys, and JohnJoe out of the over 25s, and Nu Vibe or Two Shoes will go for the groups, but no idea who will go out of the girls ???
Completely agree with you on this.
I hope Amelia doesn't go but I reckon it will be between her & Sophie!
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

I think the eliminations were entirely predictable. You've just got to ask what the point was in starting with 16, and getting the hopes up of the 4 acts if they weren't even going to get the chance to perform for the public vote? An unnecessary and unpleasant twist, I thought in the end.

Also, I wondered how much the download tallies had to do with the judges' decisions?
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

xebonykissesx wrote:Also, i wonder why the chinese woman decided not to go ahead? [-X
The reason she gave for pulling out of the competition was that she didn't want to be away from her family for that long (but I read that her family were concerned she'd make a fool of herself ;) ).
Nicola wrote:I think the eliminations were entirely predictable. You've just got to ask what the point was in starting with 16, and getting the hopes up of the 4 acts if they weren't even going to get the chance to perform for the public vote? An unnecessary and unpleasant twist, I thought in the end.
I totally agree with you Nicola. But out the girls, I think that Janet should have gone, as Louis Spence said on Xtra F. Her rendition of the Coldplay song was good, but she is going to be very predictable whatever she sings - and Sophie, Amelia and Micha B.are much better than her, all so different too and I think would give more diverse performances because of their voices having more range than Janet. Sophie has a not too dissimilar voice to Janet, but I thought Sophie was a much stronger singer - she just looked very stiff and nervous performing. Felt so sorry for Amelia....I would have liked to have seen her improving through the show - she had a huge voice and gave the girls category a rock chic. Perhaps Janet didn't go because she comes across as much younger and more vulnerable than Amelia.And there's been a lot of hoo ha over Janet since she first auditioned, moreso than for Amelia ? (Judges going for popularity factor too early in competition I think)
Really hard to watch the guys getting so upset too. Ruthless format ! Suppose that with 4 going at once, and not one act, it does mean they weren't upset on their own, not that that's much consolation !
But it is an opportunity now for the public to keep people like 'Johnny' in - out of all the acts he is the only one now who's bit of a novelty because his voice is so high... I just hope Louis doesn't keeping giving him big stage productions that actually overshadow that he 'can sing in tune' , or makes him stand at the back of the stage for virtually the entire number ..and doesn't keep putting him in ridiculous OTT outfits.
I'm not missing Simon at all now, and really like Gary ! The judges aren't arguing anywhere near as much..yet ! Can't believe Louis is still doing this show though ;) ](*,)
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

I think this show has gone way passed its sell by date. I watched this weekends show and cannot believe that these acts are the best we have in Britain- the majority were dreadful .I know of a local, girl singer (17yrs) who would take most of the girls apart. She's auditioned for the past 2 years and cant even get in front of the judges-probably doesn't have a story to tell.I think on the whole, they are very weak this year. Like misha ??? not sure if thats her name and think Frankie looks like a star but not really getting excited about any of them. As for the groups-why bother having a group category in auditions as the 3 that are through were put together in bootcamp!!
Genevieve wrote:Can't believe Louis is still doing this show though
i agree-he really annoys me as he is soooo old fashioned and never has anything constructive to say. Also, i really liked Kelly but what happened to her this weekend with her ' ya all' and 'puttin it down!'.
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

Thanks Genevieve, i suppose thats understandable really :)

ME and my best friend guessed correctly who would go, although i thought that James had so much potential and the song choice was all wrong for him. Should have given him A team and let him play his guitar.
And i was almost sure Sophie was going to go, although after watching her performance i thought she was pretty amazing to be honest, and on just that one performance and not based on auditions or 'branding' i thought Amelia had to be the one to go. Think all the judges made the right choice really, but Gary and Kelly had the tougher decision.

I've also really warmed to the risk, i think they could be really good.

Still really dislike Kitty, she looked like a man in drag! and if you compare her performace of that song to Stacey Solomans... #-o
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge