Child living in a cast house whilst in a West End show

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

T4K_80
Nominee

Child living in a cast house whilst in a West End show

Post by T4K_80 »

Hi, We are really new to this but wanted to hear if anyone has had experience of their child living in London in a cast house whilst in a West End show? My main questions are; did your child enjoy the experience and did you have to pay anything for them to be housed and tutored? Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Child living in a cast house whilst in a West End show

Post by ACookie »

My DD lived in a cast house for SoR last year. She generally enjoyed the experience!! The house parents were all lovely, very caring and approachable and on the whole the other children were fine - but that is obviously always going to depend on who else is there! We did not pay for anything at all except any extras like trips out which we were asked about in advance. They had a good routine - school during the day in the house, tutors came to them and then show after dinner or matinee on a Thursday and Saturday. The children were collected by a driver and taken to the theatre or sometimes the house staff took them on the tube. The one thing to be aware of is that production like children to go home as frequently as possible... So even if it's only 36 hours off you were expected to take them out of the house. Obviously the further away you were the more difficult that was. The day off in the week was fine to stay in house and do school if you lived too far away to go home.
I think at times it was rather noisy in the house and difficult to find some privacy but on the whole she had no major issues and was very happy. Food was also very good! Hope that helps!
T4K_80
Nominee

Re: Child living in a cast house whilst in a West End show

Post by T4K_80 »

Thank you so much for your reply. It was very helpful indeed. Glad to hear that it was generally a very positive experience for your DD. It is a big step to let your child live away from home but one that may be necessary if they wish to pursue their dream.